Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 485 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 521 reviews
on August 31, 2010
I picked this one after going through a phase of trying out several Casio G-Shock models, all of which were very good in their own right. I like this one best, so far, because, in my opinion, it is the nicest package for the casual user. It's not very big or small, just right, probably, for most people. It's pretty lightweight and comfortable yet feels significantly well made. It packs the latest features such as 6 band atomic reception and improved solar power. It has all of the durability and versatility that has made the G-Shock a world standard, though continues in a now traditional format. Most of all, I like the looks and physical layout of the buttons and display. Once again, very easy to use and nice looking. Other G-Shock models will offer different and specific features which may make it more suitable in certain applications. Or, they may just have a style or exclusive sort of appeal. This one gets in all of what's needed in a nice package under $100. You probably can't go wrong with any modern Casio watch, but this is a "best buy".
on May 2, 2016
As my first G-shock digital watch, this was the one that fit the bill for me. I have purchased this timepiece back in 2011 and still wear it today as my most reliable beater. Without a doubt, the fact that it came with a solar panel alone was the reason I was compelled to purchase this model, especially after seeing how great it looks. The watch itself does not look busy or stylish, but has a rather rugged, bulky, and minimal look to it. Like a lot of G-shock watches, the bezels are thick and take up quite a lot of space on the wrist. This model is one of the more medium sized timepieces out there that truly holds its own. In all the five years I've own this watch, I have not had any issues with battery life or any need to visit a watch store to get this service...it is THAT good! When I find myself in need of charging this watch, I simply place it by my window to gather some sunlight if I'm indoors or I wear it when I'm out in the daytime with plenty of solar range to gather power from. To be honest though, another useful feature of this watch has to do with its self-adjusting multiband 6 synchronizing which I found to be so important because when there's daylight savings or not, this watch never fails to adapt to the time while I'm asleep. This watch has plenty of nice features to work with and I am overall, happy with it. Notable features are: solar atomic charging, multiband 6 time sync, power save mode, and all the beloved key features of a Casio G-shock watch. To this day, I have no complaints with its comfort or time keeping in that it may as well outlive me if I manage to keep it until then.
review image
on June 9, 2014
Initially I was concerned that it was hard to get a full charge. Now that winter has passed and the days are getting longer, it's not a concern. Atomic feature works great - always accurate. The face bezel isn't too high (a problem common in other G-Shocks I've owned). In spite of the chrome accents, the watch is subtle. I don't ever worry about matching it with whatever I'm wearing - it goes with everything.
If you want a watch that screams "hey, look what I can do!" this isn't the watch for you. Shop further up the price scale for temp, altimeters, barometers, etc. in the G-Shock line.
But if you want a timepiece that's tough, always works, looks great, is as accurate as a pinpoint and needs absolutely zero maintenance or fuss, get this watch - you won't regret it!
review image
on December 20, 2011
This watch looks so much better then the photos attached to the product. It is stylish with a full black coloring. The pictures lead me to think that it may be grey with black accents. Not the case.

After reviewing the many options for a military watch up to 130.00, I settled on this watch. I did start to have buyers remorse thinking I should have just spent double and bought the mirror face "dressy" G-shock for 130.00. I tried to cancel this order to change to the dressier watch, but it was too late to cancel. I figured I would try it out and return it if I didn't like it.

The watch came and I am soooo glad that I wasn't able to cancel. It is a very stylish watch that can be used for casual or business casual. Chrome accents on the black body and face make it even more attractive. It is as comfortable as any watch I have worn. I wouldn't say I could wear it sleep like others have said, but I can't say that about any watch (or other jewelery).

The watch came set already. It was off by one hour. No worries though. It reset at night. I also noticed the power level at Mid. Since I live in Florida, I have access to a lot of sunlight. Within 2 hours the watch was on High.

All in all, I am very satisfied with the watch. It was one of the lowest priced solar, atomic G-shocks offered, but that was only part of the equation. It still had to look good. This watch has it all. I reviewed many watches and spent many hours making this decision and I don't regret it for a moment.
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2017
Well I'm on my second watch of this model.Casio I've worn for 20 years and about every two and a half years I have to replace the battery. G-Shock watches require you to send them to Cassio to have the battery replaced so they can repressurise the watch itself because it's waterproof to 200 meters. this is my first atomic, solar watch and if it goes more than two days without light it needs to charge in the instructions they say it only requires a half a day of light per month so that being said if it doesn't straighten up I will get a full refund from Amazon or Casio one of the two.As I said this is my second one and to add insult to injury when I did exchange the first one for this new one they started charging tax in my state so instead of being an even Steven trade... it cost me $20 extra and that's not right for an Amazon Prime member to have to be gouged like that for an exchange on the same product!
on March 11, 2014
I've owned a couple models of the Casio G-shock watches. They are both great. Both have had solar and atomic functions. The battery on the first one lasted 10 years before it wouldn't charge adequately any more and I had to replace it. The atomic feature is great, pulling in the signal from the atomic clock every morning. The watch is always on time and I never have to worry about it. This has an added benefit of ending any of those retentive conversations about what the official time is.

The time zone mode is great for travel, which I do a fair amount of. Just go through the various time zones on the planet until I'm in the right place.

The watches are very rugged. I used to break watches (3 months average) until I got this one. Mostly I would pull the pins holding the band on or break the band. Not the case here. I think that if I did anything to break this watch I would hurt myself in the process.
on September 23, 2015
I replaced a CW 300 with this model, the closest I could find with the features I wanted. Although it has all the features of the 300, there are a few things I do not like. First of all, it is overall about the same size but the actual face is smaller and the numerals are not near as easy to read. Next, the alarm is very weak. I used my 300 to wake me when traveling and I don't think I can trust the 2310 to do the same. OK, my hearing is not as good as it used to be but I know this watch is 'quieter.' But if this one lasts as long as the 300, I guess I won't complain too much.
on March 15, 2017
I owned the resin version of this (all blacked out) for 5-10 years. Decided to move on to a new G-shock, but I just couldn't stray away by how much I love the design and functionality of this model (love the auto back light, auto time keeping, solar power, and etc..).

First impression: THIS WATCH IS GORGEOUS! THE PICTURE DOES NOT DO JUSTICE. The metal silver rim is just beautiful and the contrast of the colors on the watch is truly a work of art!

OVERALL, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this watch for anyone looking for a beauty and a highly functional watch for everyday busy lives.
on February 11, 2017
This watch is perfect for people with smaller wrists that still want to have a G shock. The size is perfect, not too big, and the length of the band is perfect for smaller wrists too. The solar power and atomic time keeping features are great.
review image review image
on March 20, 2017
My husband likes this watch. It was a christmas gift for him. Only con is the face is kind of small.