Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's W43H-1AV Illuminator Sport Watch
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

on June 18, 2012
For under $16, Casio once again delivers incredible quality and reliability in an affordable and attractive product. I bought the W43H-1AV a few months ago, as I liked the unique LCD display, with 25 elemnts per digit as opposed to the standard 7. The digits are somewhat easier to read, and looks a lot sharper. The designers seem to have hit the perfect size and shape; It's great for running, swimming, biking, and lots of other active activities without being uncomfortable or irritating. The band is flexible and comfortable, and the perfect thickness for sports activities. The timepiece features a Backlight (thankfully) as opposed to an LED bulb above the face. It's very bright and does a great job at illuminating the entire face of the watch evenly. The watch also features an Hourly time signal, daily alarm, 1/100 sec. stopwatch, and 12/24 Hour timekeeping modes. By the way, the LCD screen is nowhere near as dull and dim as the picture shows it, it is very high contrast and sharp. It also features a watch "easter egg" (if you will). If you hold down the 12/24 HR. button for 3 seconds in normal timekeeping mode, the watch displays "CASIo" in its unique LCD elements.

PROS:
Very comfortable
Perfect diameter and thickness for sports
Durable band
Water-resistant to 50 meters (165 feet)
Bright and sharp backlight
Day of the week and day #
Hourly time signal+Daily alarm
1/100 sec. stopwatch
Easy to set and read
12/24 hour timekeeping modes
High-Contrast LCD display with unique 25 elements per digit
Casio quartz accuracy

CON:
It would have been nice to see the stopwatch be able to measure over one hour of time, as many sports activities could need to be timed for over one hour

I would definately reccomend this fine Casio sports watch to anyone who needs a mid-sized watch to wear duting active sports, as it is durable, light, comfortable, water resistant, and very affordable.
on December 28, 2009
I have owned inespensive Casios for years, but they were all square faced. This round face is superior because the mode buttons are recessed and can't be accidently depressed like they regulary were with the square Casios.

While this watch has a nice, understated look, I didn't like the digital display. I am used to block style numbers made up of a few verticle and horizontal segments, but this watch has numbers comprising many more smaller segments in an attempt to give the numbers a more rounded look. Instead they appear a bit grainy and jagged. One other caution: You cannot replace the band on cheap casios such as this. For me it rates well overall, because it shound take some hard wear for about three years before the band breaks.
on October 4, 2014
. this is very easy to read in low-light conditions
even without using the battery-draining illuminator button;
and, the front surface is surrounded by a deep ring
to prevent scratches so it stays readable;
however, a 5-star watch should input the year,
so that its calender handles leap years for you;
also, the battery might last 5 years but it warns
the seal may need to be changed every 2-3 years;
so, don't test its water resistance too much .
. I haven't tested the band because I cut mine off
in order to sew the watch inside my wallet .
on December 9, 2015
The band is going to break sooner rather than later, nobody carries this band so it's cheaper just to buy a new watch at this price. I like it well enough and my watches take a beating in my shop and garden. Cheap and easy to see is good.
on April 16, 2013
Really happy with this Casio watch. Why is it good for seniors? Well, it is light. You can easily read the numbers. Ok, if you are really hard of seeing it is hard to read. But it does have a good built in light that you can activate if it is needed. The directions are NOT too hard to follow to set. Yes, the typical long instructions, but since this watch doesn't have too many functions, the set up is fairly easy. Also, the case and watch band are made of resin. That is a plus as it is not real slippery but also not sticky when it is hot. So the watch is easy to put on and take off but it doesn't slide around your wrist.

I like the blue bezel around the watch. It gives it a bit of stylishness without being pretentious. Another plus feature is that the controls are constructed in a way that you won't be accidentally changing the watch functions. I have had trouble with previous watches that would suddenly be timing something when I thought it was telling me the correct time. With all this, I had no trouble assigning five stars as my rating. As I am an old guy, 73, with a major health issue, this watch will probably last me the rest of my lifetime. Hey, it does have a battery that works for five years and these darn electronic watches DO keep going for five years. OH, the last thing, this watch is REALLY cheap. I mean inexpensive. It IS great!
on May 12, 2016
I hate big, bulky watches but this feels more like a woman's sized watch, especially the non-replaceable band which I can get on using the very last notch (which means I can't tuck in the little tongue that sticks out). Love the color scheme but that's about it unfortunately, I should have sent it back but I'm bad about that stuff.
on August 10, 2015
Exactly what I was looking for-an inexpensive watch that is going to last a long time. I bought my first Casio watch in one of those cheapo electronics stores along Seventh Avenue in NYC in 1980-I was there for a professional meeting that was going to involve job interviews. Ten years later I was living in NYC and the watch was lying on my desk at home- sweat will eventually rot the plastic band-and it was still keeping perfect time.
Have had nothing but Casio watches since that first one.
on January 5, 2013
This is my favorite for style and dial display - and I will continue buying this particular item if the wrist band holds up.

But I am whining - wrist bands usually last 2 to 4 years - and the watches last 5 to 10 years. So I always have two casios that keep perfect time - sitting around my house - with broken bands. I am whining because the watches cost less than $20 and the bands typically cost around $10. Therefore it is always easier to buy a new Casio - than find, remove and install a new band.

It is a silly good problem :-)
on May 6, 2015
It was fine for a few months, but it started to be incompetent by freezing and failing to keep time almost every time I pressed a button. Sometimes it would revert back to normal with the incorrect time but most of the time the digital display would freak out for hours on end. This may have been due to an electrical shortage since I washed my hands while wearing this often, but I didn't drench the damn thing. I didn't ever hit the watch on any hard surfaces.
on September 30, 2009
Great watch - for my workouts and 7 mile power walks - big numerals - strong light. Solid rubberized band wraps around the wrist well and it looks more expensive than it costs. Buy it.

See 1 answered question