Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 2,020 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,178 reviews
on August 10, 2009
Just got this watch after ordering a few days ago. Strange thing is, you won't find any product information about it on Casio's US website. Let's get to it:

Pros:
1) Not as bulky as a G-Shock:
If you're like me and you want a fully-functioning digital watch without the enormous bulk of a G-Shock, then this watch may fit your bill (even the midsize G-Shocks are tad too large in my book). However, this watch isn't tiny either: The across-width, measured between the buttons on either side but not including buttons, is just a 1/16 inch shy 1.5 inches. The top-to-bottom height, measured between the outside of the top bezel above the "Casio" insignia to the outside of the lower bezel below the "WATER 100M RESIST" is 1 3/16 inches, and just about 1/2 inch thick.
2) Plenty of features:
Dual time, stop-watch with split times, displays the time during the stop-watch function, date setup that knows the day of the week (accounts for leap year too), large display, snooze alarm (!), etc.
3) Great price:
For the value alone I give it the 5-star rating

Cons:
1) Bezel around the crystal is flush with the surface of the crystal - this could lead to scratches if you're not careful
2) Light is not the back lighting "Illuminator" of some other Casio watches - it's green glow that lights from the bottom-left of the display - kinda meh but it does stay on for a few seconds after depressing.
3) Could use a count-down timer.
4) The watch does not allow you keep the light on by keeping the light button depressed. Still turns off after about 1.5 seconds. Can be quite irritating when you're trying to read the watch after waking up all blurry-eyed but I'm sure it's part of keeping that 10 year battery claim.

In closing, this watch isn't gonna win any beauty contests, but it's functions, simplicity, and discrete look are what sold me.

[UPDATE 2010.09.30 - added con number 4 but not removing a star. I'm still wearing the watch and I am still enjoying it]
1717 comments| 246 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2015
To start off, this watch looks great. The digits are very easy to read, and using the timer/alarm/stopwatch is very easy as well. The rubber strap is comfortable and does not feel strange around your wrist. The two buttons on each side of the watch are also very easy to press. Overall, for $15, you cannot get a better watch.
review image
on May 31, 2015
Worked well for about 4 months. Still functions, but the band fell off and I noticed the plastic where the pin attaches totally broke. This happens because the plastic is really weak around where the screws attach in the back. Now it's a pocket watch....or back of some drawer watch is probably more realistic.
review image
on June 6, 2016
I bought it mainly to use for work and I didn't want to use an expensive watch. Nor do I want to keep looking at my smartphone for the time. I work in a factory where it may get damaged or may easily get dirty/ scratched. So I got this Casio watch. It looks very nice for a $10 watch. And Casio is a good brand in my opinion. The only thing I don't like is the plastic wraps feel flimsy. As if I bend it too much it will tear off. I believe I can replace them in case they do. Perhaps with some metal wraps instead of plastic. And I tried leather but it also doesn't last. Metal all the way. For now I will take care of it as much as I can for casual wear. Looks pretty sleek and classic. Love it.

Pros:
sleek , has light for night time, alarm clock, date; year month and day, seconds are displayed, days displayed IE Mon, Tues, Wed etc., AM, PM, it also has a timer in case you want to time yourself or for jogging outside, tiny screws on back you can take off to replace battery if it ever goes low, and its water resistant.

Cons:
Only con is the end wraps look kinda flimsy but it looks like it will hold regardless. I can almost sense that constant use, heavy use may tear the plastic wraps on this watch. But easily replaceable--minor con.
review image review image review image
on October 21, 2016
The watch itself is very nice. However, after five months of very normal, light use, the part of the case that holds the band broke into pieces. It was the case connector and not the band that broke so replacing the band does not fix it. On checking the one-year warrantee I was disappointed to find that damage to the band, case, battery, or glass isn't covered. (Not much else to cover). So, I give this watch a low review because of the weak warranty that covers almost nothing.
on April 12, 2017
UPDATE: So another month has gone by. I am still training for the Sprint-Tri and run 2 or 3 times per week, swim 1 or 2 times per week, and cycle 1 or 2 times per week. The watch is still performing fine, is secure, the stop-watch feature is easy to use, and is still a 5-star rating for me.

OLD REVIEW: So far so good! Turned off all of my tracking apps and bought this watch instead. I am currently training for a Sprint Triathlon and find a watch with a stop-watch function to work just fine. I have used this watch for running, cycling and swimming already. The adjustable band makes a nice fit and it has remained securely in place for all of those exercise activities.

Easy to program...easy to see without my glasses (and I wear bifocals for reading).
on March 11, 2017
The strap is very long. I am a normal guy with "normal" wrists, but this strap can go around my ankle and fasten at the first hole. If you have thick wrists, you'll love this watch. The features of the watch itself are on par with what you'd expect - stopwatch, lap counter, alarm, hourly alarm, dual time, light. If it does indeed last 10 years, I'll be very happy. My wife likes it better than the Casio resin watches I've been getting the past two decades. She says it looks more masculine and fits me better. I'm very pleased with this watch and recommend it to anyone who needs a good basic watch that appears to be attractive, well-made & sturdy. A+++
on June 8, 2014
Here's the deal: it's a great little watch for the price, but there's a problem with the band. I have bought two of these, and each one has had a wristband failure after just over a year (yes, just beyond the warranty). The band is made of a brittle rubber that starts cracking over time, and it breaks. A new wrist band costs more than a new watch, so I just buy a new watch. I'm about to buy my 3rd watch. The problem is that I rely on my watch for my job, and between the time it breaks and I buy a new watch, I have a lot of stress. I'd much rather pay a couple bucks more and have a watch whose band never fails, but I don't want to go through the effort of trying to find another watch like this one. Maybe I need to just buy a new watch every year and not wait for the wristband to fail. I'm thinking of putting the old broken watches in strategic places so that they haven't gone to waste.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2016
I needed a nice plain watch for work, since we're not allowed to take our cellphones into certain places. This watch has helped keep me on time for meetings and stuff. I don't use the alarms or anything, but I have used the backlight to check the time in the dark.

I have a small wrist, and I use the third hole. The watch is not overly huge for my wrist, which is what I was worried about before getting it.
on December 6, 2016
Product, from day one, would randomly reset to noon on January 1, 2010 many times throughout the day. The screen would flash and the display would reset. Fantastic watch except for this bug, but the Casio support staff was entirely unhelpful when going through the repair/return process. Ended up opting not to waste my time and money on shipping the product to them, keeping the broken watch as is.

Very disappointed, and I will not be buying from Casio any time in the future.