Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on February 13, 2015
To start off, this watch looks great. The digits are very easy to read, and using the timer/alarm/stopwatch is very easy as well. The rubber strap is comfortable and does not feel strange around your wrist. The two buttons on each side of the watch are also very easy to press. Overall, for $15, you cannot get a better watch.
review image
0Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 12, 2017
UPDATE: So another month has gone by. I am still training for the Sprint-Tri and run 2 or 3 times per week, swim 1 or 2 times per week, and cycle 1 or 2 times per week. The watch is still performing fine, is secure, the stop-watch feature is easy to use, and is still a 5-star rating for me.

OLD REVIEW: So far so good! Turned off all of my tracking apps and bought this watch instead. I am currently training for a Sprint Triathlon and find a watch with a stop-watch function to work just fine. I have used this watch for running, cycling and swimming already. The adjustable band makes a nice fit and it has remained securely in place for all of those exercise activities.

Easy to program...easy to see without my glasses (and I wear bifocals for reading).
on March 7, 2017
After paying $400 for an apple watch I realized this Casio is a much smarter watch. Shows the date and time, illuminates the whole screen, has a choro and an alarm. That is all you will ever need from a watch. Yeah i would like to have the solar battery and atomic time sync functions like everybody else but is it worth paying another $100 bucks? I don't think so. Slap this on your wrist and you are good to go.
on October 11, 2017
I have been buying Casio watches for thirty years and I like them. I had one for twelve years, but gave it up because it was so old it was hard to find replacement batteries. This watch is great except that the band always breaks where you buckle it. The average is a year to a year and a half on the flimsy resin band. I couldn't find the exact band on Amazon, so I just bought another $12 watch, thinking the battery would go soon. I have found that after a few battery changes these watches lose their water resistance and cloud up. The latest replacement had a tag on the box that said "Ten Year Battery." That would be great if it came with six extra bands. I didn't want to experiment with bands that cost four dollars less than the watch. I was able to use a zip-tie to fix the band while waiting for my Prime shipped replacement. My old watch should work for another eight years in my top drawer. It is still much better watch than a Timex, and the zip-tie got a lot of laughs.
on May 20, 2017
I just got my watch yesterday, and after a full day of use, I am happy to report that this is a very solid all-around watch. I got this to replace my previous daily driver, the Timex Men's T49997 Expedition Gallatin Black Fast Wrap Velcro Strap Watch, which started giving up on me after nearly two years of usage. I wanted an inexpensive watch to replace this one, and since I don't really go to any fancy meetings or upscale restaurants, and when I do, I have the appropriate watches for those events. I needed something that take a hit against the occasional door if necessary. Looks weren't really that important to me. Seeing this watch on sale for less than $10, with a boatload of positive reviews, I knew I had to jump on it.

When I first got the watch, I expected it to arrive in very simply packaging, nothing too fancy, especially at the price I paid for it. It came in a nice little blue box, and while it wasn't the most premium packaging, it certainly didn'nt seem as though the watch I purchased was cheap by any means. Seeing the big Casio logo on it also reminded me that despite the price I paid, this was supposed to be a quality, durable product, and all of that was confirmed for me the moment I pulled the watch out of the packaging.

Its design isn't anything to write home about, and neither are the materials that went into making the watch (no fancy gold here!), but the rubberized strap seemed to go hand-in-hand with the material of the watch's face. The uniform black coloring on the watch makes it look utilitarian, but distinctive at the same time. It might not impress anyone at a party, but then again, that wasn't my intention when purchasing the watch.

The two most important functions of a watch for me are its ability to tell the time and its durability. The screen on the watch isn't a 1440p Super AMOLED display with RGB coloring around the mantle, but for the purpose of simply telling time, it is phenomenal! Anyone who owned a digital watch in the 90s will know how it looks. The grayscale image is clear, and the text is extremely easy to read, especially in bright daylight. The time is in a font that's large enough for anyone with moderate eyesight to understand, and the watch even tells us the date, time and day of the week! The watch has other functions like "Alarm" "Stopwatch" and "Timer," but I haven't tested any of those modes out, so I won't mention them here (still, it's nice to know they're available!).

Overall, from what little time I've spent with the watch, I can easily say I'm more than satisfied with it. Casio has given the battery a life expectancy of 10 years, but well, if it dies before, I'll update this review for us. If you're just looking for an easy watch to understand, something practical and durable, then look no further, especially if you can find it for less than $10!
on October 18, 2016
Initially i purchased the one of the xL face larger G-shock watches and bought this one as a lighter alternative. I haven't worn a watch for some time, but wanted one for the stopwatch function to use at work (I work in the Rehab field) and to track work/rest during my own work-outs. This should be a light weight, long lasting watch.
on June 6, 2016
I bought it mainly to use for work and I didn't want to use an expensive watch. Nor do I want to keep looking at my smartphone for the time. I work in a factory where it may get damaged or may easily get dirty/ scratched. So I got this Casio watch. It looks very nice for a $10 watch. And Casio is a good brand in my opinion. The only thing I don't like is the plastic wraps feel flimsy. As if I bend it too much it will tear off. I believe I can replace them in case they do. Perhaps with some metal wraps instead of plastic. And I tried leather but it also doesn't last. Metal all the way. For now I will take care of it as much as I can for casual wear. Looks pretty sleek and classic. Love it.

Pros:
sleek , has light for night time, alarm clock, date; year month and day, seconds are displayed, days displayed IE Mon, Tues, Wed etc., AM, PM, it also has a timer in case you want to time yourself or for jogging outside, tiny screws on back you can take off to replace battery if it ever goes low, and its water resistant.

Cons:
Only con is the end wraps look kinda flimsy but it looks like it will hold regardless. I can almost sense that constant use, heavy use may tear the plastic wraps on this watch. But easily replaceable--minor con.
review imagereview imagereview image
on March 23, 2018
Many people don't wear watches anymore because they use their phones, but you still can't beat a watch for convenience. This would be a good choice for people who simply want that convenience. Just glance down at your wrist, and there is the date, day and time in large readable characters.

The watch comes with an alarm, stopwatch and second timezone feature, none of which I consider all that useful. Still, that's a pretty minimal feature set, and minimal is GOOD; the fewer bells and whistles, the less complicated a watch is to use. The 100m water resistance is also a huge plus in the convenience department; that's the minimum water resistance it's actually safe to swim with (ratings are based on completely still water). Add to that the fact that it's accurate enough you only really have to reset it when daylight savings comes in and out, and you can just put this on your wrist and forget it.

The electroluminescent display backlight is adequate -- certainly better than the Casios from the early 90s, but not quite as uniform as Timex's Indiglo feature. Also automatic backlighting would have been nice, but is not to be expected at a $13 price point.

The low price also means you get a resin (marketer-speak for "plastic") strap, but I actually think resin works better than the more expensive silicone for something this light. Silicone can get uncomfortable when you're sweaty. If you have a thing against plastic you can replace the band with any 18mm width after market strap. In the image I've attached, I've paired this watch with a "Goldfinger" style nylon NATO strap -- yes, that's a $40 band on a $13 watch, although you can get cheaper versions here on Amazon for under $10. The point isn't how much the band costs relative to the watch, it's how much you enjoy it.

And this is a watch you actually can enjoy for its aesthetics. Square is a good shape for a digital watch, and the size delivers plenty of legibility without getting in the way of sleeves or catching on things. It's not easy to see in the Amazon image, but the watch also has subtle hints of color -- blue outlining around the crystal and a little red lettering. These touches are subdued but elevate the design.

That may sound funny to say about a $13 watch, but why shouldn't something like this be designed thoughtfully? As a watch collector I have maybe five digital watches in my collection, but this and the iconic F-91W are the only ones that get regular "wrist time".
on February 16, 2017
I love this watch. In my line of work it needs to be tough and I can't leave to look at my watch very long so when I do I need to be able to read the time without a light or some silly thing telling me how many steps I have taken. This watch was made to be a police officers watch!
review image
11 comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 12, 2017
I got this watch to replace an Old Timex USB watch that finally gave up the ghost on me. I wanted one that would at least have the full time (hours, minutes, and seconds) on the front without having to press any buttons to see. I also wanted, if I could, get one that had the date, day of the month, and day of the week on the front to. I wasn't as keen as having the week, etc. as the hours, minutes, and seconds. I looked first to see if they still made a watch like my old one as I really liked it and it's features and just wanted to replace it. What I found was that unless I wanted to pay an arm and a leg, I would be out of luck. That wasn't an option for me. I then started checking out the watches that I liked the look of. I found this one as I was looking over the Casio watches. I liked the overall layout and it had all I was looking for right on the front without having to press additional buttons to bring those items up so I checked it out. The price was right for me as all I wanted was one that would give me a watch to replace the old one. Got it in and checked it out. It was just about what I wanted all the way. The few minor things I ran into were want you normally hit on it getting something new the first time. The settings buttons and where things were sort of confused me for a bit until I got used to them. The watch is a bit smaller than my old one and I had to get used to that and it's lighter too. On the plus side, it has the full date, time on the front (That includes year, day of month, day of week, hours, minutes, and seconds.). It has an hourly chime, a stopwatch, and an alarm function that allows setting the alarm in a number of different ways. You can set it for the same time everyday, every other day, once a week, every other week, and even once a month too. It also has a dual time feature that lets you keep track of time in another time zone. Although the alarm is not as loud as my old watch was it is loud enough to hear easily. I found this watch to be just what I needed as a replacement for my old watch. A good buy for me.