Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's W800H-1AV Classic Sport Watch with Black Band
Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Happy Belly Snacks Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 1,711 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on August 10, 2009
Just got this watch after ordering a few days ago. Strange thing is, you won't find any product information about it on Casio's US website. Let's get to it:

Pros:
1) Not as bulky as a G-Shock:
If you're like me and you want a fully-functioning digital watch without the enormous bulk of a G-Shock, then this watch may fit your bill (even the midsize G-Shocks are tad too large in my book). However, this watch isn't tiny either: The across-width, measured between the buttons on either side but not including buttons, is just a 1/16 inch shy 1.5 inches. The top-to-bottom height, measured between the outside of the top bezel above the "Casio" insignia to the outside of the lower bezel below the "WATER 100M RESIST" is 1 3/16 inches, and just about 1/2 inch thick.
2) Plenty of features:
Dual time, stop-watch with split times, displays the time during the stop-watch function, date setup that knows the day of the week (accounts for leap year too), large display, snooze alarm (!), etc.
3) Great price:
For the value alone I give it the 5-star rating

Cons:
1) Bezel around the crystal is flush with the surface of the crystal - this could lead to scratches if you're not careful
2) Light is not the back lighting "Illuminator" of some other Casio watches - it's green glow that lights from the bottom-left of the display - kinda meh but it does stay on for a few seconds after depressing.
3) Could use a count-down timer.
4) The watch does not allow you keep the light on by keeping the light button depressed. Still turns off after about 1.5 seconds. Can be quite irritating when you're trying to read the watch after waking up all blurry-eyed but I'm sure it's part of keeping that 10 year battery claim.

In closing, this watch isn't gonna win any beauty contests, but it's functions, simplicity, and discrete look are what sold me.

[UPDATE 2010.09.30 - added con number 4 but not removing a star. I'm still wearing the watch and I am still enjoying it]
1717 comments| 234 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2012
very good watch please see pictures to see light great watch but scratches overall good
review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2015
To start off, this watch looks great. The digits are very easy to read, and using the timer/alarm/stopwatch is very easy as well. The rubber strap is comfortable and does not feel strange around your wrist. The two buttons on each side of the watch are also very easy to press. Overall, for $15, you cannot get a better watch.
review image
on May 9, 2010
I buy a new Casio about once a year. I wear it fishing, out to eat and to the movies, swimming, flying, boating, sleeping, diving, bathing, and working in the yard...well, you get the idea. Non-stop. It always works perfect and I've bought the same kind for years. I do not wear my Rolex Mariner anymore because it never kept correct time anyway. The Casio is always correct and never leaks.
33 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2015
It may look a little dorky (my girlfriend described it as "birth control"), but it's a fantastically functional watch for the money. I work in the deli department of a specialty grocery store and I date everything I touch throughout the day, so I chose this watch because of its large display of the day of the week and full date, both extremely handy and easy to read at a glance. I like that the 10 year battery will likely outlast the watch, and the 10 bar water resistance is holding up well so far to daily immersions in a triple sink and a few swims in the ocean. I saw some of the other comments that described the band as a weak point. For what it's worth, the watch has an 18mm lug width so you can easily replace it with any inexpensive NATO or ZULU strap (though the band may cost more than the watch :). See my attached pics with the watch on a Maratac 18mm MI-6 Regimental colors (Bond) ZULU strap.
I think the only con worth mentioning is the soft acrylic crystal, which kind of sticks out from the rest of the watch face, so it is easily scratched. Should it ever get scratched badly enough to really bother me, I'll just spend another $13 on a new one.
A final word about the time keeping- I've only had it a few weeks, but as near as I can tell using time.gov it's running about a second or 2 fast a week, well within its claimed +/- 30 seconds a month spec.
You cannot buy a better watch for the money.
review image review image
on April 23, 2013
Although in the past I have had good success with these clever inexpensive Casio watches, this is now the second plastic casio that has broken where pins attach to case rendering it useless to wear. Although this one I received this past Christmas 4 months ago broke after only about 2 months (just getting around to trying to replace it now) I called Casio's repair place on the West Coast and was very disappointed to hear that their 1 yr limited (emphasis on limited) Warranty excludes any defects in the case. If the case breaks at this vulnerable pin insertion spot (this watch has seen particularly light use and NO trauma) the customer is just out of luck. Beware of this before buying any of Casio's inexpensive plastic watches!
on August 31, 2010
As always Casio made a good product. I love this watch. It's cheap and works just fine. My boss has a $3,000 watch and guess what. They both tell the same time! If you're a no frills person who just needs to know what time it is and an occasional alarm or stopwatch, this will do fine. The rubber band is comfortable and won't hold a sweaty funk.
The band is a little long if you have small wrists. I had to trim it.
on September 2, 2009
I got tired of paying $25 to $30 for digital watches that have both the battery and the band go out at the same time, necessitating a $15 expenditure on the watch, so I got this one. It fits well, and keeps good time and it's not bulky and in the way. To prevent scratching, I cut a fitted piece of PDA plastic cover to put over the face. It self-adheres and is easy enough to remove and replace when it gets scratched. If you cut it right, you can't even tell that it's there. Why Casio doesn't make replaceable covers to begin with, I'll never know, because you know what? They'll never tell me, even if I ask nicely.
on March 2, 2014
I used the watch one hour per day 5 days a week for one month. Just when I walked. I took it off and one side of the band fell off.
I thought the little pins came loose. Wrong. the part that holds the pins in place came off. So i glued it on and attempted to reattach the band and the other side came off!! these broke off right where a screw is that holds on the back.
So I thought I would let you prospective buyers know . the watch works fine just no way to wear it. Not much money so I got what I paid for. Will buy something of quality. this isn't.
I bought it mainly to use for work and I didn't want to use an expensive watch. Nor do I want to keep looking at my smartphone for the time. I work in a factory where it may get damaged or may easily get dirty/ scratched. So I got this Casio watch. It looks very nice for a $10 watch. And Casio is a good brand in my opinion. The only thing I don't like is the plastic wraps feel flimsy. As if I bend it too much it will tear off. I believe I can replace them in case they do. Perhaps with some metal wraps instead of plastic. And I tried leather but it also doesn't last. Metal all the way. For now I will take care of it as much as I can for casual wear. Looks pretty sleek and classic. Love it.

Pros:
sleek , has light for night time, alarm clock, date; year month and day, seconds are displayed, days displayed IE Mon, Tues, Wed etc., AM, PM, it also has a timer in case you want to time yourself or for jogging outside, tiny screws on back you can take off to replace battery if it ever goes low, and its water resistant.

Cons:
Only con is the end wraps look kinda flimsy but it looks like it will hold regardless. I can almost sense that constant use, heavy use may tear the plastic wraps on this watch. But easily replaceable--minor con.
review image review image review image