Industrial Deals Magazine Deals Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on February 13, 2015
To start off, this watch looks great. The digits are very easy to read, and using the timer/alarm/stopwatch is very easy as well. The rubber strap is comfortable and does not feel strange around your wrist. The two buttons on each side of the watch are also very easy to press. Overall, for $15, you cannot get a better watch.
review image
0Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 7, 2017
After paying $400 for an apple watch I realized this Casio is a much smarter watch. Shows the date and time, illuminates the whole screen, has a choro and an alarm. That is all you will ever need from a watch. Yeah i would like to have the solar battery and atomic time sync functions like everybody else but is it worth paying another $100 bucks? I don't think so. Slap this on your wrist and you are good to go.
on April 12, 2017
UPDATE: So another month has gone by. I am still training for the Sprint-Tri and run 2 or 3 times per week, swim 1 or 2 times per week, and cycle 1 or 2 times per week. The watch is still performing fine, is secure, the stop-watch feature is easy to use, and is still a 5-star rating for me.

OLD REVIEW: So far so good! Turned off all of my tracking apps and bought this watch instead. I am currently training for a Sprint Triathlon and find a watch with a stop-watch function to work just fine. I have used this watch for running, cycling and swimming already. The adjustable band makes a nice fit and it has remained securely in place for all of those exercise activities.

Easy to program...easy to see without my glasses (and I wear bifocals for reading).
on October 6, 2016
Broke after 5 years. I bought this watch in September 2011 and it broke in October 2016. The hard plastic that keeps the band connected to the watch face cracked and broke off. Other than the watch breaking sooner than expected, I liked that the watch was light weight, the display was clear, and the watch was comfortable. You'll have to decide if the price of this watch is worth it if it only lasts 5 years.
review image
33 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 20, 2017
I just got my watch yesterday, and after a full day of use, I am happy to report that this is a very solid all-around watch. I got this to replace my previous daily driver, the Timex Men's T49997 Expedition Gallatin Black Fast Wrap Velcro Strap Watch, which started giving up on me after nearly two years of usage. I wanted an inexpensive watch to replace this one, and since I don't really go to any fancy meetings or upscale restaurants, and when I do, I have the appropriate watches for those events. I needed something that take a hit against the occasional door if necessary. Looks weren't really that important to me. Seeing this watch on sale for less than $10, with a boatload of positive reviews, I knew I had to jump on it.

When I first got the watch, I expected it to arrive in very simply packaging, nothing too fancy, especially at the price I paid for it. It came in a nice little blue box, and while it wasn't the most premium packaging, it certainly didn'nt seem as though the watch I purchased was cheap by any means. Seeing the big Casio logo on it also reminded me that despite the price I paid, this was supposed to be a quality, durable product, and all of that was confirmed for me the moment I pulled the watch out of the packaging.

Its design isn't anything to write home about, and neither are the materials that went into making the watch (no fancy gold here!), but the rubberized strap seemed to go hand-in-hand with the material of the watch's face. The uniform black coloring on the watch makes it look utilitarian, but distinctive at the same time. It might not impress anyone at a party, but then again, that wasn't my intention when purchasing the watch.

The two most important functions of a watch for me are its ability to tell the time and its durability. The screen on the watch isn't a 1440p Super AMOLED display with RGB coloring around the mantle, but for the purpose of simply telling time, it is phenomenal! Anyone who owned a digital watch in the 90s will know how it looks. The grayscale image is clear, and the text is extremely easy to read, especially in bright daylight. The time is in a font that's large enough for anyone with moderate eyesight to understand, and the watch even tells us the date, time and day of the week! The watch has other functions like "Alarm" "Stopwatch" and "Timer," but I haven't tested any of those modes out, so I won't mention them here (still, it's nice to know they're available!).

Overall, from what little time I've spent with the watch, I can easily say I'm more than satisfied with it. Casio has given the battery a life expectancy of 10 years, but well, if it dies before, I'll update this review for us. If you're just looking for an easy watch to understand, something practical and durable, then look no further, especially if you can find it for less than $10!
on February 16, 2017
I love this watch. In my line of work it needs to be tough and I can't leave to look at my watch very long so when I do I need to be able to read the time without a light or some silly thing telling me how many steps I have taken. This watch was made to be a police officers watch!
review image
11 comment| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 18, 2016
Initially i purchased the one of the xL face larger G-shock watches and bought this one as a lighter alternative. I haven't worn a watch for some time, but wanted one for the stopwatch function to use at work (I work in the Rehab field) and to track work/rest during my own work-outs. This should be a light weight, long lasting watch.
on November 12, 2017
I got this watch to replace an Old Timex USB watch that finally gave up the ghost on me. I wanted one that would at least have the full time (hours, minutes, and seconds) on the front without having to press any buttons to see. I also wanted, if I could, get one that had the date, day of the month, and day of the week on the front to. I wasn't as keen as having the week, etc. as the hours, minutes, and seconds. I looked first to see if they still made a watch like my old one as I really liked it and it's features and just wanted to replace it. What I found was that unless I wanted to pay an arm and a leg, I would be out of luck. That wasn't an option for me. I then started checking out the watches that I liked the look of. I found this one as I was looking over the Casio watches. I liked the overall layout and it had all I was looking for right on the front without having to press additional buttons to bring those items up so I checked it out. The price was right for me as all I wanted was one that would give me a watch to replace the old one. Got it in and checked it out. It was just about what I wanted all the way. The few minor things I ran into were want you normally hit on it getting something new the first time. The settings buttons and where things were sort of confused me for a bit until I got used to them. The watch is a bit smaller than my old one and I had to get used to that and it's lighter too. On the plus side, it has the full date, time on the front (That includes year, day of month, day of week, hours, minutes, and seconds.). It has an hourly chime, a stopwatch, and an alarm function that allows setting the alarm in a number of different ways. You can set it for the same time everyday, every other day, once a week, every other week, and even once a month too. It also has a dual time feature that lets you keep track of time in another time zone. Although the alarm is not as loud as my old watch was it is loud enough to hear easily. I found this watch to be just what I needed as a replacement for my old watch. A good buy for me.
on June 27, 2017
Great watch if your like me and have small wrists. I had the casio 5 timezone watch AE-2100W-1AV as I got it on sale at Sears for only $18 (normally a $35 watch). But the problem was it was too hunky and big for my wrist. I didn't feel it initially but after while it got a little tiring wearing it. The Casio 5 timezone watch was almost the same size as the G-shock but lighter than the G-Shock.

Anyway, I bought this watch for a more lighter and comfortable feel. Its a lighter weight than my previous watch and it feels much more better to wear on a daily basis. So far its worked up to expectation. I have a stopwatch and get to view time in an extra time zone. Don't really use the alarm as I have no need. Its missing a countdown timer that my previous Casio had but not a deal breaker and I could live without it. It works great in the shower as there are no problems when I wear it albeit water droplets do stick on to the face of the watch. I have yet to try it out in the pool. Its a 100M water resistant so i don't think there will be a problem. There is a slight issue with glare as when the watch is tilted away from you you can't see the digits. You have to turn the watch tilted towards you. The watch battery gets used more if you use the LED light more than once a day. The metal buttons have to be pressed tightly to turn on and I wish the buttons would have been plastic instead as to be more lighter and easier to press on. Again these slight issues are not really a deal breaker. Watch is also very easy to set and a manual was not really needed for me as the labels to the side of the button on the screen tell you how to adjust the watch. I only think the alarm might be little difficult to set and the manual might be needed to set the alarm.

I don't think this watch is brand new as when the watch came the date on the watch was 2010 and the band seemed worn and broken in. Maybe its refurbished. So with a 10 year battery I might only get three years out of it. The band is plastic and not resin. It doesn't carry the dirt and stench a resin band would carry. That's a plus as a resin band you would need to do a little extra cleaning.

In summary, my previous Casio 5 timezone watch had all the functionality but unfortunately was a little uncomfortable to wear. This watch is a good balance of comfort and functionality. Its much more comfortable to wear on a daily basis and is only missing a couple of aspects of functionality that my previous Casio watch had (the countdown timer and keeping 5 different time-zones). The issues are minor and for the price this is unbeatable and a great watch to buy! For everybody on the fence, go for it! What do you really have to lose? $13? Definitely, not a deal breaker for me!
on December 29, 2017
This is a great watch. It no only shows the time, it shows day and date. Great for me because I often forget the date during the day. I know many people rely on their phones for that information but I don't carry a phone with me most the time.
It's supposed to have a 10 year battery life. I hope that's true. It was running when it was delivered. I don't know if it's an "old watch" and that's why the price is so good. Casio watches are usually much more expensive.
Setting the time & date took awhile. Buttons drive me cuckoo but I finally got it and it's very accurate.
I'd recommend it.