Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 2,080 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,240 reviews
on February 13, 2015
To start off, this watch looks great. The digits are very easy to read, and using the timer/alarm/stopwatch is very easy as well. The rubber strap is comfortable and does not feel strange around your wrist. The two buttons on each side of the watch are also very easy to press. Overall, for $15, you cannot get a better watch.
review image
on June 6, 2016
I bought it mainly to use for work and I didn't want to use an expensive watch. Nor do I want to keep looking at my smartphone for the time. I work in a factory where it may get damaged or may easily get dirty/ scratched. So I got this Casio watch. It looks very nice for a $10 watch. And Casio is a good brand in my opinion. The only thing I don't like is the plastic wraps feel flimsy. As if I bend it too much it will tear off. I believe I can replace them in case they do. Perhaps with some metal wraps instead of plastic. And I tried leather but it also doesn't last. Metal all the way. For now I will take care of it as much as I can for casual wear. Looks pretty sleek and classic. Love it.

Pros:
sleek , has light for night time, alarm clock, date; year month and day, seconds are displayed, days displayed IE Mon, Tues, Wed etc., AM, PM, it also has a timer in case you want to time yourself or for jogging outside, tiny screws on back you can take off to replace battery if it ever goes low, and its water resistant.

Cons:
Only con is the end wraps look kinda flimsy but it looks like it will hold regardless. I can almost sense that constant use, heavy use may tear the plastic wraps on this watch. But easily replaceable--minor con.
review image review image review image
on May 31, 2015
Worked well for about 4 months. Still functions, but the band fell off and I noticed the plastic where the pin attaches totally broke. This happens because the plastic is really weak around where the screws attach in the back. Now it's a pocket watch....or back of some drawer watch is probably more realistic.
review image
on May 10, 2017
A lot of watch for $9. Saw it elsewhere for more so I picked up a spare in case the strap or case where the lugs attach breaks, as some have experienced, and one to gift out to someone else. Features include: stopwatch with split time, alarm with snooze, dual time for keeping track of another time zone, one touch 24hr button, calendar to 2099, good backlight, easy to push metal buttons, 100m water resist, not a huge monster of a watch to get caught on clothes. Classic look. Large time display is easier to read than other watches. Advertised 10 year battery (using backlight more than once per day lowers battery significantly according to the manual). Only thing missing is a countdown timer. Don't be scared by accuracy in manual I think it says plus or minus 30 sec/month, mine has been Pretty accurate so far for the first week with time.gov neither gaining nor losing a second. Will update if this changes. Punctuality with my job is very important. Saves my cellphone battery since I'm not pulling it out of my pocket to check the time. Acrylic screen does scratch fairly easily. Some online have suggested armor all to help prevent some of these micro abrasions. I don't think that would be worth the trouble, especially if you shower or swim with it. For the price none of these cons are enough to lose it a star. I've included pictures with classic g shock dw5600e for size comparison. Buttons on the w800h are easier to press than on the g shock, especially the recessed adjust button the g shock has. I have a 7.25" wrist and the watch is comfortable on the middle settings (holes 6-7). For the price (currently 1/4 the cost of a basic g shock) I couldn't be happier.

Update 5/16/17: watch appears to have gained almost half a second after 10 days. I also noticed the stopwatch keeps hundredths of a second even past the hour mark. On some others like the gshock dw5600e once you get to an hour the hundredths of a second change to seconds. All 3 w800h watches arrived with 2010 as the year. I do wonder if they were made in 2010, thus shortening the battery life expectation to more like 3-6 years (no backlight or alarm use in the box) or if I am just being pessimistic. Only time will tell. If it lasts a year as a beater watch and only gains 1.5 seconds per month as it is on pace to do, it will still be worth the price tag.
review image review image
on December 7, 2012
very good watch please see pictures to see light great watch but scratches overall good
review image review image review image review image
77 comments| 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2016
I actually bought this watch in 2009 in a Sears. I wore it right up until I lost it in mid-2015, so I have a lot of time with it. I ordered it again because it was a great reliable watch.

In those ~6 years, the watch hasn't needed a battery change, the face was only slightly scuffed (even though I wore it everywhere), and the buttons still worked. After the first 5 years, the strap broke, so I needed a replacement (about $10 for OEM casio strap or $3 for no name brand). It is waterproof ( it survived lots of pools/showers/diving) and has a light up screen button, about 5 seconds.

It has a lot of functions and features, and it shows as you cycle between "screens". The main "screen" shows the time, day of the week, month, day of the month, and year. The second "screen" allows you to set a alarm, and if you want the watch to beep every hour (actually useful to me). The third "screen" is the stopwatch function and it also has a SPL function, where it shows the time when you pressed it, but the time still runs in the back (like a LAP function). The last "screen" is probably the least used, as it is just a secondary clock you can set. Throughout other screens besides the main, the time is shown in the bottom left. (you can swap between 12/24h format with a single button press, although this is sometimes annoying as it can easily get pressed)

Overall, this is a great value for the price (currently around $14).
on May 20, 2017
I just got my watch yesterday, and after a full day of use, I am happy to report that this is a very solid all-around watch. I got this to replace my previous daily driver, the Timex Men's T49997 Expedition Gallatin Black Fast Wrap Velcro Strap Watch, which started giving up on me after nearly two years of usage. I wanted an inexpensive watch to replace this one, and since I don't really go to any fancy meetings or upscale restaurants, and when I do, I have the appropriate watches for those events. I needed something that take a hit against the occasional door if necessary. Looks weren't really that important to me. Seeing this watch on sale for less than $10, with a boatload of positive reviews, I knew I had to jump on it.

When I first got the watch, I expected it to arrive in very simply packaging, nothing too fancy, especially at the price I paid for it. It came in a nice little blue box, and while it wasn't the most premium packaging, it certainly didn'nt seem as though the watch I purchased was cheap by any means. Seeing the big Casio logo on it also reminded me that despite the price I paid, this was supposed to be a quality, durable product, and all of that was confirmed for me the moment I pulled the watch out of the packaging.

Its design isn't anything to write home about, and neither are the materials that went into making the watch (no fancy gold here!), but the rubberized strap seemed to go hand-in-hand with the material of the watch's face. The uniform black coloring on the watch makes it look utilitarian, but distinctive at the same time. It might not impress anyone at a party, but then again, that wasn't my intention when purchasing the watch.

The two most important functions of a watch for me are its ability to tell the time and its durability. The screen on the watch isn't a 1440p Super AMOLED display with RGB coloring around the mantle, but for the purpose of simply telling time, it is phenomenal! Anyone who owned a digital watch in the 90s will know how it looks. The grayscale image is clear, and the text is extremely easy to read, especially in bright daylight. The time is in a font that's large enough for anyone with moderate eyesight to understand, and the watch even tells us the date, time and day of the week! The watch has other functions like "Alarm" "Stopwatch" and "Timer," but I haven't tested any of those modes out, so I won't mention them here (still, it's nice to know they're available!).

Overall, from what little time I've spent with the watch, I can easily say I'm more than satisfied with it. Casio has given the battery a life expectancy of 10 years, but well, if it dies before, I'll update this review for us. If you're just looking for an easy watch to understand, something practical and durable, then look no further, especially if you can find it for less than $10!
on August 1, 2016
The perfect <$20 watch. The 100M water resistance is great if you are a surfer or do water sports. Very slim nice fit - highly recommend. Only con is the glass on the face scratches relatively easily.
on April 12, 2017
UPDATE: So another month has gone by. I am still training for the Sprint-Tri and run 2 or 3 times per week, swim 1 or 2 times per week, and cycle 1 or 2 times per week. The watch is still performing fine, is secure, the stop-watch feature is easy to use, and is still a 5-star rating for me.

OLD REVIEW: So far so good! Turned off all of my tracking apps and bought this watch instead. I am currently training for a Sprint Triathlon and find a watch with a stop-watch function to work just fine. I have used this watch for running, cycling and swimming already. The adjustable band makes a nice fit and it has remained securely in place for all of those exercise activities.

Easy to program...easy to see without my glasses (and I wear bifocals for reading).
on March 13, 2016
For the price, this is a great watch. Simple, comfortable, and ultimately disposable. I am not a regular watch wearer but bought this when I was going on a cruise and wouldn't be carrying around my cell phone to tell what time it was, and this watch did not disappoint. Since it was so cheap, I was never worried about it getting wet, or left somewhere, or getting banged around. It's a trooper and solidly constructed.

It's not very fashionable and it's basically the same design of Casio watches since the 80's. It didn't look as cheap as I thought it would which is a plus. The band was comfortable and the watch weighs near nothing so it's almost like you're not wearing anything. It's just a very basic digital watch that's mostly indestructible unless you're really hammering the thing, and even then it's so cheap to replace that durability shouldn't be an issue.

The rubberized band will probably break before the rest of the watch stops working, and the band is not replaceable as it's attached to the watch face. I suppose the battery is replaceable but again for the price, probably worth just getting a replacement watch if this one stops working.

Great for kids as well because again, it's cheap and functional and it's not going to break the bank if it gets lost or stolen.