Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,972 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,150 reviews
on August 10, 2009
Just got this watch after ordering a few days ago. Strange thing is, you won't find any product information about it on Casio's US website. Let's get to it:

Pros:
1) Not as bulky as a G-Shock:
If you're like me and you want a fully-functioning digital watch without the enormous bulk of a G-Shock, then this watch may fit your bill (even the midsize G-Shocks are tad too large in my book). However, this watch isn't tiny either: The across-width, measured between the buttons on either side but not including buttons, is just a 1/16 inch shy 1.5 inches. The top-to-bottom height, measured between the outside of the top bezel above the "Casio" insignia to the outside of the lower bezel below the "WATER 100M RESIST" is 1 3/16 inches, and just about 1/2 inch thick.
2) Plenty of features:
Dual time, stop-watch with split times, displays the time during the stop-watch function, date setup that knows the day of the week (accounts for leap year too), large display, snooze alarm (!), etc.
3) Great price:
For the value alone I give it the 5-star rating

Cons:
1) Bezel around the crystal is flush with the surface of the crystal - this could lead to scratches if you're not careful
2) Light is not the back lighting "Illuminator" of some other Casio watches - it's green glow that lights from the bottom-left of the display - kinda meh but it does stay on for a few seconds after depressing.
3) Could use a count-down timer.
4) The watch does not allow you keep the light on by keeping the light button depressed. Still turns off after about 1.5 seconds. Can be quite irritating when you're trying to read the watch after waking up all blurry-eyed but I'm sure it's part of keeping that 10 year battery claim.

In closing, this watch isn't gonna win any beauty contests, but it's functions, simplicity, and discrete look are what sold me.

[UPDATE 2010.09.30 - added con number 4 but not removing a star. I'm still wearing the watch and I am still enjoying it]
1717 comments| 246 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2015
To start off, this watch looks great. The digits are very easy to read, and using the timer/alarm/stopwatch is very easy as well. The rubber strap is comfortable and does not feel strange around your wrist. The two buttons on each side of the watch are also very easy to press. Overall, for $15, you cannot get a better watch.
review image
on May 31, 2015
Worked well for about 4 months. Still functions, but the band fell off and I noticed the plastic where the pin attaches totally broke. This happens because the plastic is really weak around where the screws attach in the back. Now it's a pocket watch....or back of some drawer watch is probably more realistic.
review image
on October 21, 2016
The watch itself is very nice. However, after five months of very normal, light use, the part of the case that holds the band broke into pieces. It was the case connector and not the band that broke so replacing the band does not fix it. On checking the one-year warrantee I was disappointed to find that damage to the band, case, battery, or glass isn't covered. (Not much else to cover). So, I give this watch a low review because of the weak warranty that covers almost nothing.
on March 11, 2017
The strap is very long. I am a normal guy with "normal" wrists, but this strap can go around my ankle and fasten at the first hole. If you have thick wrists, you'll love this watch. The features of the watch itself are on par with what you'd expect - stopwatch, lap counter, alarm, hourly alarm, dual time, light. If it does indeed last 10 years, I'll be very happy. My wife likes it better than the Casio resin watches I've been getting the past two decades. She says it looks more masculine and fits me better. I'm very pleased with this watch and recommend it to anyone who needs a good basic watch that appears to be attractive, well-made & sturdy. A+++
on December 7, 2012
very good watch please see pictures to see light great watch but scratches overall good
review image review image review image review image
55 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2016
I needed a nice plain watch for work, since we're not allowed to take our cellphones into certain places. This watch has helped keep me on time for meetings and stuff. I don't use the alarms or anything, but I have used the backlight to check the time in the dark.

I have a small wrist, and I use the third hole. The watch is not overly huge for my wrist, which is what I was worried about before getting it.
on December 6, 2016
Product, from day one, would randomly reset to noon on January 1, 2010 many times throughout the day. The screen would flash and the display would reset. Fantastic watch except for this bug, but the Casio support staff was entirely unhelpful when going through the repair/return process. Ended up opting not to waste my time and money on shipping the product to them, keeping the broken watch as is.

Very disappointed, and I will not be buying from Casio any time in the future.
on March 7, 2017
After paying $400 for an apple watch I realized this Casio is a much smarter watch. Shows the date and time, illuminates the whole screen, has a choro and an alarm. That is all you will ever need from a watch. Yeah i would like to have the solar battery and atomic time sync functions like everybody else but is it worth paying another $100 bucks? I don't think so. Slap this on your wrist and you are good to go.
on August 1, 2016
The perfect <$20 watch. The 100M water resistance is great if you are a surfer or do water sports. Very slim nice fit - highly recommend. Only con is the glass on the face scratches relatively easily.