Top positive review
11 people found this helpful
Just about perfect (better than the old model 470)
on July 21, 2014
For me, the Casio WaveCeptor/Tough Solar series have everything I want in a watch...
- good quality and looks (if a little "chunky"), at a reasonable price
- perfect accuracy (automatic GLOBAL atomic timekeeping)
- zero maintenance (solar powered, no batteries to change)
- analog time plus digital day/date, stopwatch, etc.
I upgraded to this model WVA-M640D-1ACR (module 5161) from the WVA-470DJ-1ACF (module 5052) and it is truly remarkable to sit them side by side and watch them ticking off the time in unison TO THE SECOND.
If you've got the older 470 model I recommend the 640 for these improvements...
- slightly bigger, clearer watch face (it's blacker than before)
- case is sleeker (thickness reduced by about 2mm)
- atomic timekeeping works in N America, Europe, Japan, and China (6 frequencies)
- extremely easy to remove links from band for sizing
- the light is better and lights the whole watchface