BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 21, 2014
For me, the Casio WaveCeptor/Tough Solar series have everything I want in a watch...
- good quality and looks (if a little "chunky"), at a reasonable price
- perfect accuracy (automatic GLOBAL atomic timekeeping)
- zero maintenance (solar powered, no batteries to change)
- analog time plus digital day/date, stopwatch, etc.

I upgraded to this model WVA-M640D-1ACR (module 5161) from the WVA-470DJ-1ACF (module 5052) and it is truly remarkable to sit them side by side and watch them ticking off the time in unison TO THE SECOND.

If you've got the older 470 model I recommend the 640 for these improvements...
- slightly bigger, clearer watch face (it's blacker than before)
- case is sleeker (thickness reduced by about 2mm)
- atomic timekeeping works in N America, Europe, Japan, and China (6 frequencies)
- extremely easy to remove links from band for sizing
- the light is better and lights the whole watchface
on March 6, 2014
I bought my son the previous version of this same watch a couple of years go, which he likes as well, and made me go out and buy this one. This newer version has more radio bands it can use to set the time if you're outside of the U.S., a slightly nicer looking bezel, and the backlight is a huge improvement. The older version backlight was only for the LCD display, but on this model, it has an amber LED in the 6:00 position, which spreads light over the entire face so you can view the hands. In total darkness, the LCD panel blanks and the second hand stops moving at the 12:00 position to save power, but hitting the light button lets you see the hands, which continue to move throughout the night. The hands are also luminescent, so if you expose it to some bright light before bedtime, when your night vision adjusts you can still make out what time it is well into the early hours of the morning, so you don't need to use the battery for backlighting unless you really want to.

This is light weight and easy to wear, so you almost forget you have it on. It's solar rechargeable, which means you don't have to keep breaking the seal to change the battery and hoping you get the gasket re-seated well enough to retain the waterproof seal. The atomic time setting works well here in the midwest, it sets correctly every night without fail, and matches my other atomic clocks around the house to the same second every day.

It looks nice, it works very well, and has nice features. If it's anything like the other Casio watches I've had, I expect it to last for a decade as long as I don't drop it or abuse it so it breaks, after which I don't feel bad throwing it out and just getting a new one at this low price range. Great watch for everyday wear to work, and I'm not overly worried that I might scratch or break it, so I don't have to take it off and leave it in my desk drawer for some kinds of work, which is nice.
on September 5, 2014
Band adjustment is a snap. Comes charged and the time is set-just put your "home town zone" .
My previous model leaked water after 3 years when exposed to rain (supposed to be 10barr). Alarm is too quiet ..not reliable for me (the previous one was). Great features and value. You will need to print the manual and have it handy while you learn the watch...it takes a couple of days to learn to use more advance funtions. I liked the older version so much that I decided to buy this one even though the old leaked water. The digital display is better, illumination at night is better, ALARM is worse. But I have not seen a better value yet-self charging solar battery, water proof, mineral glass, time zone changing (I travel a lot) is a snap. Fort Collins Atomic clock adjustment works well (I get my signal in Wisconsin-1000 m away- not sure if you live in Maine)
on February 2, 2014
The watch is exactly what I thought it would be. Excellent watch and band ( easy to take links out or put back in). The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because the instructions can in Japanese only. I contacted Amazon and they e mailed the company in Japan. I received English instructions via e- mail the next day. Well worth the money.
on November 10, 2014
what a difference years make in the watch industry! I have Casio's older version, their first version of a 'atomic' world time, solar powered watch. It's thick, really thick...but totally 100% bullet-proof. Works to this day perfectly, grabbing the signal every night. Failed to do so in Japan for some reason no matter how close to the window I left it. Perhaps I should have manually switched 'locations' so the watch would know which frequency to find it. But this watch is totally different and a beauty. First, it's as slim as a regular watch (not the thin expensive watches of course) and totally comfortable on the wrist. It's black dial is handsome as a Rolex submariner's. While the marker illumination isn't big and bold, due to the size of the markers themselves, it does weakly make it thru the night. But the light's a gigantic improvement: press the button and the entire dial is bathed in a soft golden glow for about 2 seconds or so...perfectly lit up from 'corner to corner' yet not blinding nor shadowing. This light won't shock you in the middle of the night...you actually will want to use it! The band is large but comes with a simple tool for removing links which I did for a perfect fit. Unfortunately it comes with a Japanese manual...an email to the seller brought back a link to the English version. Be prepared to get out the magnifying glass unless you're under 50...it's pages of tiny print. Fortunately the watch sets itself once you press a button or two to tell it where you are. Voila--you're in perfect to the second time. If only you could do that in real life yourself.
on March 2, 2015
I love this watch. It syncs up with the atomic clock every night and does everything I want from a watch.

Pros:
Looks great
Super accurate time
All the features I could want in a watch.

Cons:
Manual was in Japanese only. Had to download English language manual from casino's support Web site's
Only three buttons so there is much over loading of functions. Difficult to remember what button sequence does what without consulting the manual.

Overall I highly recommend this watch.
on April 25, 2014
This watch's features were what I was looking for. But two of the features were not working and I had to send it in for repairs. This additional cost of sending it to be repaired -- including insurance -- added to the cost of the watch through no fault of mine. I'm now waiting to get it back repaired, or receiving a replacement that works!
on June 27, 2014
Very dressy watch with excellent features and at a reasonable price. I have gotten many complements on it. The instruction manual indicated that It needed to be put in a window to receive but I have not had to do this. It resets while on my arm while I sleep. Also the solar recharge on the battery is a nice feature. Highly recommended.
on June 20, 2015
I have just received this watch and found that they have changed the band. If you get the new band look for the tool to adjust the size along with instructions written in English and Japanese. Adjusting the size is simple with the correct instructions. My tool and instructions were in a separate little envelope.
on April 18, 2014
They're always set right.
They set themselves pretty much anywhere in the world now.
There's no batteries to worry about.
They're a nice looking watch.
They're good value for money.

Whats not to like????????

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.