Top positive review
11 people found this helpful
A very capable digital watch with interesting features
on May 2, 2013
I generally prefer analog watches, but this is my favorite digital watch. I find myself wearing it quite often. You can't beat a digital watch for showing a lot of information on the display at once or for providing various useful modes. I particularly like the moon phase and tide level displays on this watch.
- Nice looking design
- Solar battery charging means no battery replacement every two to three years
- Shows lots of information simultaneously on the main screen (day/date or second timezone, moon phase, tide level, battery level, time)
- Additional useful modes (five alarms, countdown timer, stopwatch)
- 24 hour countdown timer and stopwatch
- Amber LED light for digital display works well, although it's a bit uneven
- Functions are relatively easy to use
- Very lightweight
- Deep-set display can be shadowed, making it hard to read
- Case is a little thick
- Crystal is acrylic, which may scratch easily
- Concave surface of crystal creates odd reflections
- Metal band is uncomfortable to wear, because it snags arm hairs
- In world time mode, timezone can only be changed going east, but not west
- I replaced the metal band with a two-piece nylon band, which is much more comfortable to wear
- There is a black version of this watch that comes with a resin band that may be more comfortable to wear than this version with the metal band, but I prefer the looks of the case on this silver model.
- A very capable digital watch with interesting features. Highly recommended.