BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on May 2, 2013
I generally prefer analog watches, but this is my favorite digital watch. I find myself wearing it quite often. You can't beat a digital watch for showing a lot of information on the display at once or for providing various useful modes. I particularly like the moon phase and tide level displays on this watch.

Pros

- Nice looking design
- Solar battery charging means no battery replacement every two to three years
- Shows lots of information simultaneously on the main screen (day/date or second timezone, moon phase, tide level, battery level, time)
- Additional useful modes (five alarms, countdown timer, stopwatch)
- 24 hour countdown timer and stopwatch
- Amber LED light for digital display works well, although it's a bit uneven
- Functions are relatively easy to use
- Very lightweight
- Inexpensive

Cons

- Deep-set display can be shadowed, making it hard to read
- Case is a little thick
- Crystal is acrylic, which may scratch easily
- Concave surface of crystal creates odd reflections
- Metal band is uncomfortable to wear, because it snags arm hairs
- In world time mode, timezone can only be changed going east, but not west

Notes

- I replaced the metal band with a two-piece nylon band, which is much more comfortable to wear
- There is a black version of this watch that comes with a resin band that may be more comfortable to wear than this version with the metal band, but I prefer the looks of the case on this silver model.

Overall

- A very capable digital watch with interesting features. Highly recommended.
on February 6, 2014
i was looking for a watch that i wouldn't have to replace the battery on and came acrosss this one and decided to go ahead and purchase.i had it for around 7 months and everything was working fine up until i put it on the other morning and a few minutes later if fell off my arm with a closer look I noticed the pin had somehow came out so i purchased a pin to repair it but when i went to put it back together is when i noticed the part that holds the pin in place was made of plastic and somehow the pin ripped the plastic completely open now had i noticed the area was plastic when i purchased i probably would have returned it but i didn't and now not even a year later I'm gonna have to buy another watch so before u buy this on keep in mind that on the back side of the face where both main pins are held in its plastic and if u r wearing it on a daily basis it will mrs than likely wear out so id look at other options before buying this one
on March 29, 2011
I've had this product for over two months now, I've had no problems! I've swam in a 7 foot deep pool, gone into the water at the beach, showered with it, used the tide chart to determin when to go fishing, used the moon chart to see the supermoon recently!! I have the 24hr time set, great for me to report to duty on time. Overall great watch, no problems to report! I defenatly recomended this watch to anyone, very easy to use and very durrable.
on October 21, 2012
i've had this watch a few weeks now and it seems to be a decent watch for the money. it was easy to set up the time zone for the moon and tide phase. don't know why other reviewers had a problem with that. also, the moon and tide indicators seem to be pretty accurate. i've never owned a solar powered watch before, but the battery power indicator has been on full since i pulled it out of the box. i've noticed that the screen goes blank on the dresser overnight, it comes back on if you hit the light button or get it back into the light. had to get a couple links removed from the band at walmart, but they don't charge for that. the only complaint i have is that the time and date are a little hard to read without my reading glasses, but i guess my eyes aren't what they used to be. seems to be a good watch all in all. i'd buy again.
on July 19, 2017
Like Casio describes it, a tough watch. I wear it everyday and have forgotten to take it take off in the shower, it still runs. I bought the watch over a year ago after all my battery operated watches were dead and I could not get the backs off to change the batteries. My favorite watch.
on May 21, 2015
I liked it, but I am having to return it as it did not turn out to be water resistant. I hope they will repair/replace it under warranty without any hassles. UPDATE! The second of of this model was defective as well. Casio is denying warranty repair stating that the case is cracked. My question is who made the case then. I am 70 years old and certainly not inclined to being rough on a watch. The $31 I paid for the watch is not going to make or break me, but I thought better if Casio's reputation than that. I think they had a defective run of this model and are just trying to CYA. I guess I will end of eating this one. A lot to do about a watch that probably did not cost Casio $5.
on September 26, 2014
This watch is nice and inexpensive, the display is easy to read, including with the LED light at night.
The solar charging works well (as indicated by the power indicator), and the power save mode works well (turning the display off in dim light unless you're using the watch). The display looks much less blue than in the picture on Amazon, but there is still a slight blue tint to it.

Downsides: The buttons are a little sticky and not very smooth, and the case is thicker and made of more plastic than I thought, based on the description and pictures. It's not too thick to wear comfortably, though. I've got an old Casio Marine Gear moon/tide watch (Casio MRP-700), and while it has a fully-metal case and much nicer buttons, its display is much harder to read (especially for moon and tide) than the Casio Men's WS210HD-1AVCF.

It would be really nice if Casio would put this watch "Caliber" in a better case.

The watch band was a little tricky to resize, but I was able to do it with a cheap set of watch tools (that I got from Jomashop via Amazon) after studying some videos of the process, and once resized, it's quite comfortable.
on April 10, 2012
This is the third Casio sport watch I have owned in the past 27 years. The first one, G-Shock last 15 years. The molded case and band finally fell apart but the watch still worked for 2 more years after that. Never replace the battery. The second G-Shock Casio lasted about 10 years. I had to replace the battery after almost 10 years, and it is still working. I also had to purchase a new band, but I shied away from the molded kind and bought a cloth strap. I did go swimming with both of the above watches and never had a problem. My third Casio is now a solar powered, stainless steel cased and banded watch and really looks great. Band was too big, but easily adjustable. I hope this one lasts me as long.
on March 9, 2015
I've had the problem with the last two Casio watches I have owned, having just had this model fall off my wrist on Saturday. I started with the black, plastic band version of this watch and upgraded to this one because I thought the case might be stainless. The watch is the same with a silver resin case and will break where the pin is secured. It went in the trash can and now I'm shopping for something with a tide function that will last.
on March 11, 2015
This watch was exactly what I was looking for. I don't use the lunar phase or high tide indicator for fishing, but for other purposes. (please note that I do not give out 5 stars very often)

I've had solar watches before, and this model actually requires less charging time than any other. Just putting it under a lamp for an hour or two a week seems to do just fine.

My only concern is the difficulty of resizing the watch band for my wrist, which I admit is on the small side. The instructions claim that you have to get the band adjusted at a watch repair shop, but it is more than possible to do yourself (look for the small arrow on the links). However, I did lose the spring pin on the clasp, and I'm having difficulty finding a replacement.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.