Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 267 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 283 reviews
on November 23, 2013
Have had the watch for months and it is still working great. Never have removed it have it on at work, showering, working with grease and other fun stuff. buttons still work great, battery is still kickn along have pretty much beat the crap out of it and it still looks almost like new. updates by its self, when the time chances happen its already chanced in the morning so its nice always knowing what time it is with out a doubt. Have a feeling its going to last me many happy years.

-2 Years Latter-

I have had been wearing this watch for over 2 years straight. I have it on all day and all night. It is still working on the same battery. I have it on every time I shower and has not shown signs of any water getting in behind the glass or in the watch itself. I have beat the crap out of this thing and it still looks good to me. I have started to look for a new watch but that's not because of anything wrong with this one its just time to upgrade. Photo attached it a photo of it more then 2 years old being on 24/7 365 days.
review image
on December 28, 2014
I have owned several Casio Watches over the years, I just had a MT-G fail after at least 8 years of service. The specs looked good on this one, had all the features I wanted but less cost than the G-Shock.

Had problems with the watch within the first month. The wrist band retaining pin came off one day and was very difficult to put back on, the rubber/plastic joint where the metal band meets the watch is not sturdy.

Next problem was the watch would start to reset itself with the push of buttons. I opened the watch to find that there was moisture getting past the seal,even though I have never submerged the watch only hand washing. I dried out the watch and it seemed to work fine for a while but then started randomly resetting itself when buttons were pushed.
I think that the problems with the reset and light not working are due to moisture getting into the watch. Just 8 months after buying the watch the display will no longer work. Battery is still good, light on watch illuminates, and it will beep when buttons are pressed.

Just replaced the watch with another G-Shock MT-G, wish I would have not wasted the $45 and just bought another G-Shock the first time.
on August 29, 2017
I have purchased two of these watches from Amazon.com. The first was returned to Casio for warranty repair after only a few months of use because the light failed. Additionally, the watch would seem to randomly reset itself to the default date and time of 1/1/05, 12:00 am. After the watch was returned to me it only operated normally for a short period of time before failing again (same problems). Since the watch is relatively inexpensive and I liked its features, I purchased a second watch (I figured the first watch's problems were just a fluke limited to that one particular watch...stupid me!). I've had the second exact same watch for a few months and it is failing in the exact same way. So apparently these problems are not unique to the watch I purchased. Having to reset the watch frequently and/or returning it to Casio warranty repair is a major inconvenience. I definitely do not recommend purchasing this particular model Casio. I have now noticed that others have had the same problems with this watch.
on September 18, 2017
I bought this as a work watch, one that will stand up to a little abuse. So far, it is exceeding my expectations. It was a little confusing at first, as it has many features in a small package. I love the feature that sets the time automatically once you tell it what time zone you are in. It has easy access to the time in different cities, a countdown timer, which I use extensively, stopwatch and alarms. The sequences needed to use each function are easy to learn and all intuitive. The instruction booklet is comprehensive and well thought out.
The stainless steel band is comfortable, though I needed professional help to get it sized to my wrist.
The only complaint I have is that the hourly chime and alarm chimes are not quite loud enough.
I am considering buying another one, it is that good.
on February 20, 2014
I bought this to replace an "old" (4-5 year old Waveceptor) that stopped working. The cost of most Casio Waveceptor watches is too low to warrant support, which explains the many complaints of poor to nonexistent support. As far as I'm concerned, live with it and when that watch stops working, replace it.

First, I live in the Chicago area and the Waveceptor to Ft. Collins, CO, which is about 1000 miles, works consistently. Can't vouch for longer distances, or, for that matter, any other locations; interference may affect your nightly setting ability.

Second, the size of the watch is quite large. The measurement displayed in the Amazon listing is accurate, but, as I said, it's a big watch, 2" in diameter and about .5" from wrist to crystal surface, but actual measurement. However, while the displayed information is complete, day, month and date (+ year), except for the time the numerals, are quite small and, for me, not easily read. So don't be surprised if the large watch diameter doesn't affect the readability of numerals, other than time.

Third, information on how to remove bracelet links is virtually non-existent. There are several YouTube videos that purport to demonstrate how to do it, but I could not remove the links even following those instructions. I finally took it to a local jeweler and had it fitted, but it cost $20, which is about half the $45 cost of the watch, Here are URLs for a couple of videos; there are others: (youtube.com/watch?v=NfxCJp9HyjM) (youtube.com/watch?v=3Pw4GykYV58) If URL doesn't print, try searching youtube for Casio 2784 Watch Band Link Removal. Bear in mind, however, that while the instructions were relatively clear, I couldn't get the links to come out. BTW, the video ending in the letter "M" begins with a demo of setting the adjustment that does not require removal of links, and then demos the link removal operation (which I couldn't accomplish). Also BTW, I was able to remove links on earlier Casio watches, so I'm not entirely inept; the links on this watch were just too tight.

All things considered, assuming the watch lasts the 4-5 years previous Casio Waveceptors have lasted, I will be happy. With the Smartphone makers, e.g., Apple, et al, coming out with more advanced "Dick Tracy" watches, what I will wind up replacing this watch with remains to be seen.

After about a month of use I am quite happy with the watch and would recommend it to a friend, subject to my above comments.
on July 19, 2017
With the exception of the bracelet, which will in all probability need sized, this watch makes for a everyday wear piece that is, of course, accurate, easy to set up, easy to read in both daylight and at night and looks good. The bracelet is quite stiff and hard to adjust, however, for the price of the watch it is not unexpected.

All in all, a good daily wear watch that keeps exact time.
on September 12, 2017
This watch is magic. It sets itself, and over the last few years the only time it hasn't been set perfectly is because the battery was dying. I should say that I regularly have full signal on the receiving indicator even when inside buildings. It has held up to the abuse of loading and unloading trucks, with the exception of some of the letters rubbing off the outer edge.
The watch is rather large, which I like for more casual and working wear, but the: Casio Men's WV58DA-1AV Waveceptor Digital Atomic Sport Watch , has the same features, but is noticeably thinner and missing the larger bulky black portions of the watch, which makes this watch more serviceable for dressing up.
on April 28, 2017
It's a nice watch, date number are too small...for my eyes but other than that it's fine. The wave ceptor works fine, dont have to place it in a window to get the signal, actually it does it from my closed closet. Here where I llive the signal seems to be very strong.
on July 4, 2015
I like the way the watch looks. It comes with enough links in it to fit the largest man's wrist. It was difficult figuring out how to remove links to get it to the correct size for my wrist. Just look it up on U tube. I live in California and the signal for automatic time keeping is pretty weak here, but you can always set it manually. I have another Casio watch that I've had for 10 plus years and have never had to replace the battery. It cost about twice as much as this one and has quite a few extra abilities that this one doesn't, but since I don't use them, I don't miss them in this watch. A good watch for looks and features. It is now six months later and the watch has started resetting itself to January 1, 2005. I will contact Casio. Might not have been as good a deal as I originally thought. Others have had this same issue.
on August 8, 2016
Nice watch. Heavy and solid construction. I would give it four stars except for the fact that the alarm volume is too low to hear unless you are in a quiet room, and I don't think I could rely on it to wake me while sleeping. Casio provides no method to increase the alarm volume. This is a big shortcoming for me, as I travel professionally, and use my watch as a back up alarm for wake ups at the hotels I stay in.
Pros: Solid construction. Mineral crystal is more scratch resistant than plastic. Radio signal time updates work well. Function buttons large and easy to use.
Cons: Watch band links are difficult to remove without jeweler's tools...It can be done, but care must be taken to avoid damage to link. Display for date, alarm, etc. are small and difficult to read. (Time display is OK). Alarm beep volume is much too soft, and no way to increase volume.