Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,009 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,073 reviews
on August 7, 2017
I like the watch part. Tells me everything I want to know about the date & time at a glance. Fairly easy to set up and I love the atomic time setting, so never have to worry about setting the time. I’ve had a couple Casio’s before and liked them, but they all had the plastic watchband which always broke too easily (usually in about a year), so I decided to get a Casio with the metal watchband, so it would last longer (I hope). However, the metal watchband was too big for my wrist. There is NOTHING in the User’s Guide telling you how to adjust the band and there is nothing obvious looking at the band on how to do it. I checked the Casio website and couldn’t find anything about adjusting the band. I used their contact us page to ask them how to do it and NEVER heard back from them. I finally tried google and found a couple of web pages that proved useful. I couldn’t find my exact watchband, but the examples shown were similar enough to give me an idea how to do it. It was a pain in the derriere to accomplish and took several hours, but I finally managed it. I don’t think I’ll get a Casio next time.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2017
This is the third one of these watches I've purchased. I like the accuracy; it reliably syncs every night IF you point it westward and near a window. Others have commented that the watch randomly resets its time and date to Jan 1 at 12:00. I can confirm this. It happens about once a week, and is not related to the age of the battery. It does seem to happen if you cycle quickly through the series of screens. Then you must manually set the date and time on the watch. The watch won't set its time automatically if it is that far off from true time.

If you Google Casio Wavecepter and resetting you'll see that lots of people experience this random reset issue. I purchased another of these watches in the hope that Casio fixed the bug, but they did not. Even with the resetting issue, I like the watch because it is digital, and because it comes in a metal, not plastic case.
on March 26, 2017
This is one of the less expensive Casio watches with somewhat reduced features. On the VERY positive side, it uses the World Time update so that your watch is accurate to within a second or so a day! *Proviso -- must live in the continental U.S. However foreign stations cover Canada, Alaska, Japan, China, Europe and Australia/NZ. Water-tight to ~200 ft. Has alarm, chronograph and timer plus alarm. Push a button for backlight at night. Stainless adjustable band which is self-adjustable. Will need a new "button-battery every ~ 3 years (which is user replaceable).
Shows date w/year & AM or PM and Day-of-Week
It does not contain the solar-cell recharging of the more expensive versions.
on September 7, 2015
This is a very nice watch. I bought it mainly because I already own another one that I obtained quite a few years ago and have had great success with it. My original watch had the resin band with a buckle. No adjustment of the band length was necessary. This one, however, has a metal band that was designed for a giant with massive wrists. I had to remove 4 of the metal links to make it fit. It seems that the metal band was made in several different versions, each one requiring a different process for removing links. Removing the links was not a difficult task -- AFTER I managed to find a couple of good instructional videos online that showed how to do it for this particular band design. The only real complaint that I have is the sensitivity of the watch for receiving the daily time calibration signal. Nothing that I did to set it for automatic receive or manual receive worked during the first couple of days that I owned it. It just kept showing a receive error and telling me that the last signal receive was on 4-13-2015, almost 5 months ago. Finally, on day 3 of ownership, much to my surprise, it captured a calibration signal and synchronized with the time signal. Signal capture has been "spotty" since that time -- it will capture and update on some days and do nothing on other days. I can say for certain that this is NOT due to the strength of the time calibration signal at my location. The signal is quite strong and effective. My older resin band version of the WV-58A receives the time signal and updates flawlessly every day, even if it is located in a drawer in the middle of the room, and away from all windows. I also have several clocks in the house that rely on the time signal for synchronization and they also receive the signal at all times without any problems. My only conclusion is that there is a lack of sensitivity in the receiver in the watch. Is it this particular watch only or does it affect all current models of this watch? I have no way to determine that. Because of this one flaw I have rated it at 4 stars. If it would function as well as my older watch, I would give it 5.
on October 6, 2016
These watches wear like iron. They are the only watch my older brother will wear & this was only his 2nd one! His first one lasted him about 9 1/2 years! I can't tell you much about the watch or what drives him to make this his one and only watch, but I can tell you he wears it everyday. I works with his hands a lot, usually fixing cars and working on the engines. It gets banged around, it gets dirty and still comes back for more.

I'm truly impressed how well these hold up, and I have a couple stock piled for him just incase I'm no longer able to get these Nokia's of the watch world. If you are looking for a watch to survive a beating, this is the watch you need.
on April 19, 2016
The watch itself is everything I wanted, but the wrist band it comes with is a beast. Unless you have a jackhammer to remove the pins from the links that make up the wrist band so it will fit your wrist, you DO NOT WANT TO PURCHASE THIS PRODUCE. Why a company like Casio with such a great reputation for producing great watches would do this defies all logic. But this is the watch I wanted so I set out to "fix" the problem (complicated for me by the fact that I have always had very small wrists for a man). With a lot of very hard work, I managed to remove the entire band that comes with the watch and replace it with a leather band. The result is beautiful. You would never know that this band did not come with the watch. In my humble judgement, Casio would be well advised to redesign the wrist band on the model to make it easier to shorten the band. As it is now, you do not want to purchase this particular model.
on December 3, 2015
This is my second Waveceptor watch. The first one was purchased 12 years ago and part of the end piece split and the watch fell off. After ordering the new one, found that you could remove this piece and attach a band (not the original) after removing the end pieces. It was a hassle., but now I have two working watches. (the new one has a different attachment procedure) The new watch doesn't have this piece and the band attaches normally. Adjusting the links took time and had to refer to the YouTube video to make sure I was doing it right and finally got it done. With that said, the purpose of a watch is to tell time. During the winter it is hidden by a long sleeve shirt. During the summer, I would not be ashamed for it to be seen. People spend hundreds and some thousands for a watch. Based on my experience with Waveceptor #1, this watch tells the time to the second, is dependable and does what a watch is suppose to do. I do like the band, it is similar to the other which never had to be replaced during those 12 years.
on December 29, 2016
This watch is a decent compromise for an older person who has both cognitive challenges due to Alzheimer’s and dexterity issues from arthritis.
It seems to be the only watch out there that has both a bracelet type band that is easy to put on and a digital face for easy reading and understanding.
This would be the perfect watch if it had three fewer buttons, and just the one that triggered the light. With our aging population you’d think more watch makers would be wise to these needs and offer something simple, to read, simple to take off and on and simple to use.

If the button issue could be addressed this would be a solid 5 star option for seniors. As it is though, just 3.
on September 20, 2013
The original watch did not work properly; I sent it back and got a replacement which works fine. 1st part of my review deals with the original watch and the 2nd part deals with the replacement.

The original watch I received is nice looking and has been keeping pretty good time since I received it about 10 days ago. Unfortunately, I ordered an atomic watch, and the unit I received simply can't acquire the Fort Collins time signal no matter how hard I try -- and I've tried a lot, using every trick from the manual that I can think of. The "GET" mode, which shows the most recent time it acquired the signal from Fort Collins, indicates that it has NEVER acquired a time signal, and the signal strength indicator in the lower right of the display so no signal reception.

My 9 year old La Crosse Technology atomic watch almost always acquired the time signal without problems; I only replaced it because the case broke. I live in the San Francisco area west Bay hills and have an unobstructed view eastward toward Fort Collins, so the problem does not seem to be due to my local geography blocking the signal.

Since other reviewers report that their copies of this watch have no problems receiving the signal, even in more distant locales like Florida, I can only conclude that I received a defective unit. I will be sending this watch back, though I will try my luck ordering another identical unit which hopefully will receive the signal.

I did indeed send the defective watch back. The replacement I received picked up the signal on the very first try, and the signal strength indicator shows that it is getting the highest level 3 strength. In the two days that I have has the watch it has been automatically synching with the Fort Collins signal just past midnight without problems.

I have now had the replacement watch for two weeks, and it's great at receiving the signal. It is programmed to receive the signal overnight starting at midnight. I rarely get to bed before midnight, but I've found that the watch receives the time signal even when I am up and about and wearing it!

My only other complaint is with the custom metal clasp type watchband. Although OK for that type of band, the watch ships with a band circumference for just about the largest possible wrist, and I will have to take it to a watch repair shop or jeweler to have a few links removed before I can wear it. Also, I sweat a lot, but the clasp type band does not have the flexibility to move up the arm slightly to let my wrist dry off. For years I used a metal "twisty-flex" expansion band which was quick and easy to slip on and off and, by its very design, could be moved up the arm. The unfortunate trend among digital watch companies in recent years has been to design custom bands that are incompatible with the standard watch fitting of my expansion band, which I previously used on many generations of digital watches.

I am giving this watch a rating of 3 because of (a) the problem with the original watch, and (b) the lack of a standard fitting which would allow me to use my preferred watchband. However, after two weeks using the replacement watch, I decided it works so well I decided to increase my rating to 4.
on December 18, 2016
I have had this watch for quite a while now and love it, but the last time we "fell back" out of daylight savings time, it didn't change the time automatically, and I had to do it manually. A few days later, it kept changing the time overnight - adding one hour. Every morning I would set the time back one hour, and the next morning I would get up and it would be one hour forward again. This went one for several days so I changed my home time zone from LAX to Anchorage, and now it is happy. It keeps perfect time and I don't really care which time zone it thinks I am in as long as the time is right.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.