Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Women's BG169R-2 Baby-G Blue Whale Digital Sport Watch
Workplace Solutions Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Discover it  Reckless Kelly Fire TV Stick New Salon & Spa Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Transparent Transparent Transparent  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now 20% off select baby clothing, gear, and more

Size: One Size|Color: Blue|Change
Price:$58.50 - $139.00

on June 15, 2011
I got this watch because many people I work with (EMT's, Police, Fire) have this brand. I got the color because it was bright and matched my uniform. When I got it I was thrilled! It was brightly colored, held up during 911 calls, I can wear it in the water and not worry about damage, and I loved the little animals that popped up when you hit the light button! But after 6 months the color turned from bright aqua blue to an ugly brownish color. The watch itself was great, I've bashed it on numerous occations and objects and not a stratch! But the disgusting moldy brown color gets worse over time. I would not buy this watch again.
on March 2, 2011
The watch band and case completely discolored from a pretty blue to an awful grey. Even though Casio America is fully aware of this defect and the high probability of this discoloration occurring Casio still refuses to provide prior notification to the consumer. Casio America attempts to absolve themselves of any and all responsibility for this defect by simply indicating Casio's warranty does not cover cosmetic defects!
on August 24, 2010
Bought my daughter a Baby G 169 and have seen the coler of the watch and the band fade considerably over a short time. I replaced the band once, but found the new band and the watch were mismatched in color due to the plastic resin of the watch fading to a gray color. Watch works great and is easy to use. Probably would be better off not buying the translucent models. Maybe the solid models would hold up better.
on August 26, 2013
Like most G-Shock watches, this is a strong watch that fit my 10 year old god-daughter's wrist perfectly. Initially this was a beautiful watch with an ocean blue color. I had read some reviews that this watch does not maintain it's blue color for long (I was hoping that was a fluke and gambled on buying it)... and sure enough in almost exactly 8 MONTHS, this watch has started to get that dingy, ugly grayish color. Oh what a disappointment. While the watch part still works, I know most people will be buying this because of the color. My advice is... don't! 8 Months is way to short of a time for the discoloration. And when it turns grayish it really is an ugly, dirty looking watch. I do not recommend this watch for that reason.
on July 7, 2010
I purchased this watch for its 24-hour display ability. I had read many reveiws and am happy to report I am confident in my purchase. Over the many years, I have owned many sports watches, some extremely expensive...This should have been around then! It's an amzing bargain for the price, and functions very well. As is typical in most technical handbook/programs, this one is not extremely detailed, BUT, it is so easy to use and by following the main instructions, use of it comes easily.
on January 20, 2011
THIS IS MY FOURTH BABY G....AND IT'S BY FAR, THE BEST. BAND IS VERY CLEAR, NOT CLOUDY LIKE THE OTHERS. STAYS NEW LOOKING MUCH LONGER. I'VE HAD IT FOR OVER 2 MONTHS AND STILL LOVE IT LIKE THE DAY I GOT IT. COLOR IS SOFT ENOUGH THAT IT GOES WITH ALL MY CLOTHING, BUT STILL A PRETTY LILAC. THE BACK LIGHTING IS BEAUTIFUL AND HAS THREE DIFFERNT DANCING ANIMALS WHEN YOU ACTIVATE THE NIGHT LIGHT. THE PRICE WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!! NEVER SAW ONE THIS CHEAP, USUALLY AT SAMS AND COSTCO THEY ARE AT LEAST $100! WOULD BUY AGAIN? ...ABSOLUTELY!
on May 22, 2011
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

I've never been a girly-girl, and rarely wear jewelry or watches, but I gave this watch a shot, and I love it. I've owned it for 3 months now. This watch is fun. It makes me FEEL fun. It's also cute, and looks good with just about any clothes you might wear. I went out to an upscale restaurant this weekend and even wore it with my party dress.

Others have mentioned the little animals on the watch. It's true, at the :30 second mark the day (MON, TUE, etc.) changes to an animated animal - puppy, fish, etc. You'll probably care about this for as long as I did, but it's there if you ever need to entertain a kid for a short while.

The watch alarm is fairly quiet, so unless you're an extremely light sleeper, you probably won't want to rely on this to wake you up. But it can be used as a 'reminder' alarm. I use mine as a "You've got 10 minutes to get your butt out the door or you'll be late!" reminder.

The watch is large without being overpowering; I have medium-sized wrists, and have plenty of holes to go larger or smaller. There are small horizontal face protectors along the top and bottom of the watch face which help keep the face scratch free. The blue watch isn't as vivid as the photo, but it's still a nice light blue. I've done camping, hiking, landscaping and lots of exercising with this watch on, and it still looks as good as the day I got it.

I'd forgotten how useful a simple watch was; I'm a recovering "check-my-cell-phone-for-the-time-every-10-minutes" person (which usually meant 15 seconds fumbling for my phone, 5 seconds checking my phone's time, then 5 minutes being distracted by all the wonderful things I can check on my phone BESIDES the time). I recommend this watch for its durability, price, usefulness, as well as its cute (without being too cute) and fun factor.

UPDATE September 2012
Well, I've had this watch for about a year and a half now. It's still on my wrist almost every moment of every day. My only issue with it is the blue color of the band and watch itself has greatly faded over time. It's now an extremely light blue, almost transparent, except for the metal blue on the actual watch face, and the blue letter G on the indiglo button. Still, it has been on me during countless days of swimming in pools and oceans, many days of digging last year when I was putting in a whole yard's worth of perennials, shrubs and helping my husband dig a 1,300 gallon pond in our backyard. Meaning, it has seen a LOT of life in the last year and a half. It still works fine, and as far as the fading color goes, at least it's been fading consistently. I'm still happy with it, but may go with a more vibrant Baby G in the future.
on May 11, 2012
Bought this watch for my wife and it was a beautiful blue color to start. But after a year of normal use it turned an ugly baby poop brown color. Searching Casio web forums indicates this occurs due to everyday sun and water exposure, primarily UV exposure.
Too bad, because it was a very nice looking watch when first unwrapped.
on October 9, 2012
After wearing a timex ironman everyday for 2 years I decided to switch to the Baby g when the timex band broke. I had gotten my son a g-shock and I thought the baby-g would be just as tough and would survive my daily use. The watch and band are extremely heavy duty but after only a week I have several scratches and chips on the pink area around the dial. The silver numbers and pink face are very nice, but is hard to see in the dark. The light (which is very easy to turn on) makes up for that and shows cute animals dancing each time you turn it on. The pink is nice but not as bright as I thought it would be.
Once I figured out how to set it, the process was very easy and it keeps great time. I wish it was solar and atomic like my son's, but I haven't found a baby G like that yet.
on October 28, 2011
I love the look of this watch. I bought it for use on vacation. I needed a digital watch with a back-light and wanted one that was cute. This was definitely cute. When it arrived, I programmed the time, and all the other settings. When I pushed the "G" button (which is supposed to turn on the back-light) the light would not turn on, and a little animal (whale, dog, etc.) would appear in the area that normally shows the day of the week. (I see that happened to someone else too.)

I called Casio to see if I was pushing the wrong button. They walked me through a bunch of trouble-shooting and determined that my watch was defective. The person who helped me said that the back-light should DEFINITELY turn on, and the animal thing was a defect.

That is a pretty "funny" defect... and considering that other people's watches had the same defect, I question the authenticity of the watch. Either that, or one of their programmers decided to have a laugh. Anyway, I returned it immediately for a different style watch, that worked perfectly. If the back-light is not an issue for you, and you are not concerned if it's authentic or not, then go for it... but buyer beware! 2 stars for cuteness.