Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 29, 2015
Very disappointed in this very cute watch, which is a really beautiful concept, but a total fail on execution. I've had many Casio watches and another Baby G and loved them all. The photo for this product is completely misleading. There is no way you can see the digital windows, although the photo makes it look like you can. The back light does not light the digital windows. If you're just looking for a very durable watch, sure, this will work fine. Casios last forever and keep great time. But, if like me, you actually need to use the stop watch or alarm functions, forget it. I read the other reviews about the difficulty in seeing the digital windows, and thought they must be talking about the very minor contrast issues that I experience with my other Baby G. No, I held the watch under a reading light and still could barely see the digital windows. Completely unusable for me as an exercise physiologist who monitors exercise and recovery heart rates, and times exercise bouts.

Maybe even more outrageous than this design is the fact that I have to wait for the seller to "approve" my return. Being that the product did not fit the website description, you would think that's an automatic return. Think again.

I gave it two stars because if you don't need to use any of the functions, it's a really cute watch
on June 11, 2015
The analog feature of this watch is easy to see anywhere, anytime. The watch is smaller than most Baby-G monsters offered these days. And it is pretty.
But the digital features - in 3 tiny circles - are functionally useless. They can only be seen (sometimes) in bright light with your face about 2 inches from the watch face.
I'm keeping it because there doesn't seem to be anything else small enough available in the Baby G world these days. I still have an old Baby G (same size as this watch) with a clearly readable digital screen - and it's solar and atomic. No such thing available now.
on September 9, 2016
Functionally, this watch works great. My wife needed a durable watch she could use while doing water sports and working out. I have an old GShock and love it, and so far I don't see anything about this watch that isn't as solid as my watch. The analog dial is easy to read. I do agree with some concerns expressed.

Setting the time is not intuitive, the digital content is hard to read, and the backlight basically serves no purpose. Once you set the watch, though, you have a great, durable analog watch. Why give it four stars? I was looking for a great, durable analog watch.

My wife also commented on the watchband. Not only is it an odd patent leather looking band, the patent leather gloss started coming off on day one. This was actually a good thing to my wife (so no lost star from me), because she thought the shiny band was kind of strange looking.

Also, they aren't kidding when they say the band is short. I was looking for a short band length because my wife has pretty thin wrists, but I think she is on the last or second to last band setting. Technically it fits, but I like for my casual watches to roll around a little on my wrist or I feel bound up. My wife is satisfied with the band length.
on April 10, 2017
I bought this watch because I will be stationed as a Corrections Officer and need a reliable, water and shock proof watch. I also need a watch which I can see in all types of light and dark. The date, time and seconds are so small they are barely visible and the back light is extremely faint. The overall look and feel is very light and flimsy and it looks cheap. If you want a watch that works the same, the dollar store would be a better option.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I bought one of these for my wife prior to going on vacation last year. I wanted just two things: (a) durable and (b) fairly waterproof. The Casio fit the bill with both requirements. The time is still spot on even after almost a year and that's saying quite a bit!
Pros
Easy to read analog hands
Very adjustable rubber strap
A classy look- good for fun or dress up
Accurate
Pretty much bomb-proof
Cons
A learning curve to set up for the first time or to make changes
Hard to read digital display in low light

I'm sure most people who buy G-Shock watches can set them blindfolded and in about 3 seconds. I'm so old school when it comes to technology that it seems forever to get things right. Luckily, there are some excellent videos on Youtube that show how to set up G-Shock watches which greatly simplifies things! But, once it's set up and running, you have a great, durable, dependable timepiece.
on May 3, 2017
The face is hard to read. Looks classy at a glance but numbers are lost in the face and IMPOSSIBLE TO SET!
on May 15, 2017
Just as described - great seller!
on September 20, 2017
Love the watch. Only issue I have is how difficult it was to set the time - and I'm still off by 12 hours.
on November 30, 2017
Unlike most the Baby-Gs this one has a slim, stylish design that my wife loves. One warning: the digital readouts are rather small and tough to read for some adults.
on February 26, 2017
My only complaint is theres no backlight so it's very difficult to see the date and the other two Windows. Other than that Its a nice casual watch with a nice sized face for ladies. Easy to clean and stylish. I mostly use it for work in a hospital setting. The seconds come in handy!