Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Casio Women's BGA110-7B Baby-G Shock-Resistant White Sport Watch
Size: No Size|Color: White-silver|Change

on September 30, 2011
i've been using this watch for almost a month now and i have to say that i like it. this watch is a replacement for my old black baby-g which i used for about 5 years without a problem. the only reason why i replaced it is b/c the LED light stopped working a few months ago and i am one of those people who are anal about being able to see my watch in the dark.

this analog watch is very nice looking. the features are great and i've had a lot of compliments.

the reason why i didn't give it 5 stars is because:

1. the resin band gets dirty very easily. if you are like me and wear your watch all the time (eg. to sleep, in the shower, working out), then it's probably better to get another color. i find that i am constantly cleaning the band. the inside of the band (the part that touches my skin) is already a bit discolored...probably b/c i wear self tanning body lotion. i am going to try cleaning it with a little bleach and q-tip and see if that will whiten it up.

i actually looked online yesterday to see if it was possible to replace the orginal band with a stainless steel one. i contacted a company that sells replacement bands for casio and i'm still waiting for a response. if they have it, i will likely replace it.

2. this watch (like the original baby g that i had before) doesn't have the ability to do intervals in stopwatch/timer mode. so, if you are a runner and you like to do 10/1s, there's no beep that goes off at the 10 minute mark and the one minute mark. this is an important feature for long distance runners so if you need that, i say, go for timex or some other brand.

3. the LED button is really hard to find and press in the dark. the old baby G had that great BIG button right on the bottom of the face of the watch. there was never a problem finding it in the middle of the night. with this watch, you have to press the top right button. i find that i'm always fumbling to find it and even when i find it, i seem to have problems pressing it. luckily the hands on the watch also illuminate so you don't necessarily need to use that feature as much.

All in all, i would recommend this watch. it's reasonably priced, sturdy, fashionable yet functional. my old one lasted forever and the face always looked new even though it was 5 yrs old. i did replace the band about 2 years ago though b/c if you wear it all time time like i did, the resin will start to deteriorate and fall apart. I am positive the mechanics of this watch will be just as good, but i'm pretty sure the band itself will need replacing a lot sooner (b/c it's white and will look pretty ugly in the not so distant future) and the face won't stay as 'clean/new' as the black one did.

hope this helps in making your decision.
22 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 23, 2017
My 10 year old daughter won't take it off! G-Shock is the coolest brand from ages 1-100!
on June 20, 2017
Fantastic product for the price! Great packaging and high quality.
review image
on June 27, 2016
This is a nice watch but it DOES NOT HAVE A SECOND HAND, which is the whole reason I bought an analog watch (apparently most of not all of the G-Shock watches don't have this). It seems durable and unlike the colors, but I wish I had looked closer and realized this before I ordered it. I ended up keeping it and not returning it because I needed another watch anyway. I wouldn't buy it again because I need one with a second hand, but if I didn't need that I would probably like it a lot more.
on June 29, 2014
I went back and forth on whether I should get this watch or not. Happy that I did. I really like the look and it is holding up well. I wear it almost every day (even while I am cleaning our chicken coop) and it hasn't discolored or gotten ruined. The band is holding up well too. I was previously purchasing Swatch and got tired of the bands wearing out. Glad I got this watch!
on January 8, 2015
This is the second time I have purchased this watch. My first one is getting a bit beaten up after constant wear for a few years, so this was a replacement purchase. Have gotten platy of compliments on the watch. Nice chunky size, sporty look- particularly nice in the summer time. Good for sports activities as well as daily wear-to-work watch. Good value for money. On star is deducted because I usually have to consult the manual to change the time/date setting.
on January 2, 2017
Daughter In Law is an NP...needed watch for work. Great for someone that has to wash hands alot.
on August 18, 2016
It's a nice size, not too big so still feminine . Easy to program if you read the manual. I wear my watches loose so the band is kind of small. Face is easy to read and when you've bn out in the sun it makes the hands glow when you first go inside, the hands don't always glow. The back light is bright to light up the hands but not quite bright enough to read the digital. Overall very happy with it.
on December 8, 2014
GOT THE WATCH FOR MY SISTER, AND SHE LIKES IT. SHES PICKY ABOUT STUFF, BUT I REMEMBER HER SAYING SHE THOUGHT THESE WERE OK. I HAVE A MENS G-SHOCK AND REALLY LIKE IT. THIS IS ONE OF THE MORE BASIC PLAIN DIAL FACE AND DIGITAL. 10 YEAR EXTENDED SOLAR BATTERY. EVERYONE LIKED IT A LOT. IT LOOKS GOOD AND IT IS NOT AS LARGE AND CHUNKY AS THE MENS G-SHOCK. GOOD BUY AND GOOD DEAL. THESE WATCHES DO HOLD UP AND THEY ARE PRETTY NEAT.
on June 25, 2015
Love the watch, however purchased it in December and within four months the strap loop broke and the jeweler that sold it would not replace it. I didn't wear it every day so it should have lasted longer. My husband purchased one from a jeweler not online and loves his, wears it every day, no problems. His was purchased six months before mine. I checked several watches and the loops are more of a rubber feel were as mine seemed a hard plastic. Very disappointed in the service I received!