Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Size: No Size|Color: White-silver|Change

Showing 1-10 of 226 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 238 reviews
on November 13, 2015
Being a nurse, my hands are exposed to a number of chemicals and handwashings during the day. I wear my Baby-G everyday and it hasn't discolored AT ALL! The face is easy to read and offers all the information I use at a glance. I'm truly impressed by the quality of this watch and would recommend this product to anyone in the healthcare field!
on September 30, 2011
i've been using this watch for almost a month now and i have to say that i like it. this watch is a replacement for my old black baby-g which i used for about 5 years without a problem. the only reason why i replaced it is b/c the LED light stopped working a few months ago and i am one of those people who are anal about being able to see my watch in the dark.

this analog watch is very nice looking. the features are great and i've had a lot of compliments.

the reason why i didn't give it 5 stars is because:

1. the resin band gets dirty very easily. if you are like me and wear your watch all the time (eg. to sleep, in the shower, working out), then it's probably better to get another color. i find that i am constantly cleaning the band. the inside of the band (the part that touches my skin) is already a bit discolored...probably b/c i wear self tanning body lotion. i am going to try cleaning it with a little bleach and q-tip and see if that will whiten it up.

i actually looked online yesterday to see if it was possible to replace the orginal band with a stainless steel one. i contacted a company that sells replacement bands for casio and i'm still waiting for a response. if they have it, i will likely replace it.

2. this watch (like the original baby g that i had before) doesn't have the ability to do intervals in stopwatch/timer mode. so, if you are a runner and you like to do 10/1s, there's no beep that goes off at the 10 minute mark and the one minute mark. this is an important feature for long distance runners so if you need that, i say, go for timex or some other brand.

3. the LED button is really hard to find and press in the dark. the old baby G had that great BIG button right on the bottom of the face of the watch. there was never a problem finding it in the middle of the night. with this watch, you have to press the top right button. i find that i'm always fumbling to find it and even when i find it, i seem to have problems pressing it. luckily the hands on the watch also illuminate so you don't necessarily need to use that feature as much.

All in all, i would recommend this watch. it's reasonably priced, sturdy, fashionable yet functional. my old one lasted forever and the face always looked new even though it was 5 yrs old. i did replace the band about 2 years ago though b/c if you wear it all time time like i did, the resin will start to deteriorate and fall apart. I am positive the mechanics of this watch will be just as good, but i'm pretty sure the band itself will need replacing a lot sooner (b/c it's white and will look pretty ugly in the not so distant future) and the face won't stay as 'clean/new' as the black one did.

hope this helps in making your decision.
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2016
Seems a little expensive for what it is, but I guess you pay for the name. It's what my wife wanted and she is happy with it.
However after 15 months the time is wrong... With this watch you set the time digitally and the hands then move to match that digital time. The digital time is not visible in normal operation, only in the set mode. The problem is the hands stop 13minutes prior to the digital time meaning that we have to set the digital time 13 minutes ahead.
Giving 3 stars because I would think the quality of a watch with this price tag should be a little more reliable.
on June 23, 2016
Most frustrating watch I have ever purchased. I have been trying to set the time for 3 days, the instructions are confusing and the watch does not follow consistently. I tried utube, but there was nothing there to help. Finally gave up and sent it back. Not sure if it was defective or if it was just crappy instructions. To bad, because it is a nice looking watch.
on May 12, 2017
I've had a Baby G for the last 4 years. It recently broke. I thought i was ordering the same watch, but that isn't the case, even though they look similar. Mine had more silver and had links in the band which were a hard plastic. It was also a little dressier. This watch has a buckle type, rubbery band which looks cheap. I will probably return this, even though it is a fairly nice watch for the price. One positive: It was much easier to adjust and set the time than my previous watch.
on June 27, 2017
My first Casio watch but not my last. This iBaby G s an attractive functional watch. Petite enough for a woman's wrist and neutral colors, especially for summer. The only downsides are the light button (difficult to press in) and the face is kind of difficult to read because it's silver on white. But those are minor issues and I'm very happy with the watch. Seller was prompt and pricing very reasonable.
on March 13, 2016
Love, love, love this watch!!!! I gave a Casio g-Shock to my husband and he loves it. When it came time for a new watch for myself I thought about the Apple iWatch but I decided to go with the Casio baby-g instead. The baby-g is perfect and it fits all of my needs. Plus it is very durable. I don't have to worry about banging it on something when we are riding motorcycles or having fun on our boat. I am extremely satisfied and happy with my baby-g. And besides, when your 19 year old son looks at you and says, "Wow, mom! You have a g-shock! Great watch!" You know you made the right choice.
on January 23, 2017
My 10 year old daughter won't take it off! G-Shock is the coolest brand from ages 1-100!
on March 21, 2016
I have owned this watch for five years and sadly lost it but ordered a new one from amazon. The watch never faltered- it kept perfect time and was extremely durable- I wore it skiing, kayaking, hiking, swimming, playing tennis, camping, and traveling all over the place. It's been tossed around, dropped, stepped on and it still looked new. However, the little piece keeping the strap closed broke after about 2 months- I replaced that piece with a hair tie band wrapped around and just wore it like that with no issue. The watch looks great and matches a lot of clothes- it can be dressed up or down. Love this watch.
on June 7, 2017
This watch was too big and bulky for me. I wouldn't buy this if you have slender wrists. And I thought is was pretty cheap looking in person. Also, it seemed more complicated than I cared to try to figure out. I'm returning it.