Top positive review
4 people found this helpful
Amazing little watch!
on April 3, 2013
I'm more of a Timex kinda gal but decided to venture into the Casio world. I've heard great things about Casio and after seeing the tide/moon function, decided to get this watch. I do a lot of fishing here in Florida and it's helpful to know high/low tide and the associated moon phase. Word of warning - set up for the home site data which is needed for the moon/tide function is difficult. You have to set the UTC (coordinated universal time) differential and longitude/lunitidal interval) correctly or the tide/moon data for your location will be wrong. This set up requires the use of (easy) formulas but resulted in me consulting a tech friend to figure out. Don't be scared off though, basic watch set up is intuitive and for most of it, I didn't need to look at the instruction book. With the features I couldn't figure out, the instruction booklet explained. The watch has more functions than I'll ever use but are nice to have.
A peculiarity concerning the watch is it has a beautiful mirror face but when turned a certain way, you see your reflection making it difficult to read the display. This is simple to correct, just turn the face slightly and you'll be able to read it. It's a minor annoyance but if you have no patience for such adjustments, this will frustrate you! I was actually thinking of returning the watch but because of laziness and the ease of fixing the problem, I didn't.
- Beautiful watch with a mirror face and shiny black band
- Numerous functions (world time zones, alarms, countdown timer, etc)
- Easy and intuitive basic watch setup
- Tide/moon phase which is great for fishing
- Water resistance is a plus
- Rugged yet stylish look, I know the watch can take a beating and still work
- Size of the face is perfect for smaller people/children
- Smaller wrist band actually fits without a lot of extra band leftover
- The mirror face, although stylish, causes a reflection and the watch display can be hard to read
- The display is smaller than I'm used to - the tide data takes up a portion of the display. If you have a hard time reading smaller numbers, you're going to have problems with this watch. My Timex has the same size face but the numbers are 1.5 times larger.
- Home site data for moon/tide function takes some effort to figure out
- Light doesn't stay on long, maybe 2 seconds, which is good to save the battery but you have to quickly read the display
All in all, I love the watch, I'm glad I kept it and am getting good use out of it!