Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on April 3, 2013
I'm more of a Timex kinda gal but decided to venture into the Casio world. I've heard great things about Casio and after seeing the tide/moon function, decided to get this watch. I do a lot of fishing here in Florida and it's helpful to know high/low tide and the associated moon phase. Word of warning - set up for the home site data which is needed for the moon/tide function is difficult. You have to set the UTC (coordinated universal time) differential and longitude/lunitidal interval) correctly or the tide/moon data for your location will be wrong. This set up requires the use of (easy) formulas but resulted in me consulting a tech friend to figure out. Don't be scared off though, basic watch set up is intuitive and for most of it, I didn't need to look at the instruction book. With the features I couldn't figure out, the instruction booklet explained. The watch has more functions than I'll ever use but are nice to have.

A peculiarity concerning the watch is it has a beautiful mirror face but when turned a certain way, you see your reflection making it difficult to read the display. This is simple to correct, just turn the face slightly and you'll be able to read it. It's a minor annoyance but if you have no patience for such adjustments, this will frustrate you! I was actually thinking of returning the watch but because of laziness and the ease of fixing the problem, I didn't.

PRO'S:
- Beautiful watch with a mirror face and shiny black band
- Numerous functions (world time zones, alarms, countdown timer, etc)
- Easy and intuitive basic watch setup
- Tide/moon phase which is great for fishing
- Water resistance is a plus
- Rugged yet stylish look, I know the watch can take a beating and still work
- Size of the face is perfect for smaller people/children
- Smaller wrist band actually fits without a lot of extra band leftover

CON'S
- The mirror face, although stylish, causes a reflection and the watch display can be hard to read
- The display is smaller than I'm used to - the tide data takes up a portion of the display. If you have a hard time reading smaller numbers, you're going to have problems with this watch. My Timex has the same size face but the numbers are 1.5 times larger.
- Home site data for moon/tide function takes some effort to figure out
- Light doesn't stay on long, maybe 2 seconds, which is good to save the battery but you have to quickly read the display

All in all, I love the watch, I'm glad I kept it and am getting good use out of it!
on November 23, 2013
I bought this for my 12 yr old son for Xmas. I had to get him his own since he liked my other Baby Gs so much and with him having a smaller wrist this was perfect. Its hard shopping for watches that fit his small wrist well without looking too big or small but Baby Gs are perfect. Its a good size,simple design and illuminates well. I use mine mostly for when Im at the gym, at the beach or when Im on the motorcycle. As an active kind of girl, my watches have gotten bumped around a bit and is just fine so I know this will work out great for him since like most young men he is hard on his stuff so I expect this one to last him good while.
on October 8, 2013
An odd design that really interfered with being able to read the time. While I loved the look online, I ended up sending this one back. Wish I could find the same design but without the mirrored background.
Watches typically lasted my young daughter 3 months or so and this one has lasted over a year and still going strong. She's in elementary school so the watch gets a lot of abuse. The watch has taken it and shows no signs of wearing out anytime soon.
on December 17, 2013
I have gone through many of watches over my life. But then one of my divers told me about Baby G-Shock and she told me how well they are made and work great! So instead of investing in another watch that would only last about 2 years and one battery change I got this! Would recommend to anyone in a heart beat.
on August 4, 2014
i absolutely love this watch. i bought this along with another watch i and was going to return it, until I saw and i decided to keep it! i know that some people said it is very mirror-y and it is, but i love it and i would not consider this a flaw. perfect watch perfect price
on March 22, 2016
Mirror made it difficult to read time. Sad had to return.
on March 28, 2013
I sent this gift to my sister who is attempting to get fit, she LOVES it. Everything she needs to watch her time on different obstacles that she has to do.
on January 20, 2016
Nice watch for active kids
on September 26, 2014
I LOVE MY NEW WATCH! The entire process was quick and hassle-free which makes me extremely happy! Thanks Amazon & thanks to the Seller :) A+!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question