Cast Iron Shallow Concave Wok, Black, 12 Inch, Wide handles - by Utopia Kitchen
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 12 inch wide Cast-Iron wok offers ample size for many recipe and cooking with a wok is a fast and easy way to prepare food
- Woks are used in a range of different cooking techniques including stir frying and pan frying being the most common methods
- Iron deficiency is fairly common worldwide especially among women so cooking food in a cast iron skillet can increase iron content by as much as 20%
- Use on all cooking surfaces, grills, campfires and oven safe,gas, campfire, induction stove, oven, infrared stove
- To clean your cast iron wok you just simply scrub your grill pan with a stiff brush and hot water and dry it completely; it is not dishwasher safe
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Ready to Use: Factory Seasoning
To provide you with a ready to use cast-iron wok, all our cast-iron cookware pass through factory pre-seasoning stage in which soy-based oil is used on these high head allowing the polymers to create an initial layer of seasoning. This one factory seasoned layer is equivalent 10-15 rounds of normal home seasoning. The normal cast iron seasoning we create at home is attained when the fats and oils used in cooking collect on the cast iron.
This makes our cast iron cookware completely ready to be used straight out of the box. No initial seasoning is required. However; in order to maintain the factory-seasoned cast iron layer you need to season it from time to time. Factory seasoning is just a kick-start to your cookware’s seasoning life. Not to forget that seasoning is an on-going course. If you want your cast iron to maintain a perfect black, non-stick patina, then get started with the cooking. Regular use and proper maintenance is the key to a coveted black non-stick surface.
With our Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron cookware now cook all you can. The perfectly sized wide diameter allows an ample cooking space, making it compatible with oven, stove, grill or over a campfire. This wok can be used on various heat sources including gas, electric, induction and ceramic-glass top stoves, and ovens. Pay attention while using it on a glass stove top as slight sliding might cause a scratch to the surface.
Prepare delicious dishes and indulge into the best cooking experience at home with this cookware. Whether it is searing, sauteing, simmering, braising, roasting, or frying, this has it all.
In order to maintain the non-stick surface of your cast iron cookware, follow the steps given below:
Making Your First Meal: It is highly recommended to start with frying Bacon as it enhances the factory seasoning layer by adding, even more, oils to the coating although anything else might do the trick.
To Boost Seasoning: Meat contains fats that enhance your cast-iron seasoning.
Maintain The Seasoning:
Before cooking, rub some olive oil over your cookware’s surface.
After washing, rub some olive oil over your cookware’s surface and place it on a stove or in an oven, at a low temperature, to allow the oil to seep in.
Enjoy a Healthy Lifestyle
With cast-iron cookware, you do not need to use large amounts of oil to give those potatoes a golden crispy color or. The lovely black non-stick polish on the surface is an indication of a properly seasoned wok, making it almost non-stick. Cast iron wok allow you to avoid the unsafe chemicals found on non-stick wok which can cause undesirable damage to your vital organs.
It is very natural for iron to rust without seasoning but there is nothing to worry. It’s really easy to fix. Simply scrub the rust, rinse, dry, and cover with a little vegetable oil. If the problem persists, you will need to thoroughly remove all the rust and follow re-seasoning instructions given below:
- Wash the cookware with hot, soapy water and a stiff brush. It is perfectly fine to use soap this time because you are recreating the seasoning from the scratch.
- After washing, rinse and dry the cookware completely.
- Apply a thin, even layer of melted solid vegetable fat (or cooking oil of your choice) to the cookware inside and out. Make sure not to use too much oil as it will result in a sticky glaze.
- To grab any oil drips, place aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven and set the oven temperature to 350 – 400 degrees F.
- Then put the cookware upside down on the top rack of the oven.
- Bake it for at least an hour. After an hour, turn the oven off and let it cool in the oven.
- After the cooling process, store it open in a dry place.
- Repeat the process as required.
Compare with similar items
Lodge P14W3 Seasoned Cast Iron Wok, 14 inch
13" Super Lightweight Cast Iron Chinese Wok
Helen Chen's Asian Kitchen Carbon Steel Wok Stir Fry Pan, 12-inch
Asian Origins Nonstick Carbon-Steel 8-Inch Stir-Fry Pan
Joyce Chen 22-0060, Pro Chef Flat Bottom Wok Uncoated Carbon Steel, 14-inch
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||eKitchenWorld||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||—||—||3.25 x 13 x 22 in||20 x 12 x 3.15 in||8 x 15 x 3 in||15.4 x 22.8 x 3.6 in|
|Material Type||Cotton||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Steel||Steel||Steel|
|Size||12-Inch||14"||13 IN||12 Inch||8 IN||14-Inch|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
*real iron, used magnet test
*Superb quality for the value
*Not heavy in my opinion, most ppl can lift one handed but it's advisable to use both
*One of the best quality per price, has utopia name imprinted under wok
*Round interior for that wok cooking functionality and experience but outer is made to fit reg stove top surfaces-no need prop is required to keep it up.
*No wobble whatsoever
*Fantastic customer satisfaction-i reached out to them for a minor issue and they took care of it well
*Pre-season is total bummer, please scrub with pad and soap before use, then dry throughly with non lint paper towel or microfiber. Then put in 200 degree oven for 15 mins to ensure it's throughly dry, then grease heavily (I use Crisco) n then take it all off. The wok should be warm enough to absorb what it needs and the rest will pool and create unsightly oil marks and leave ur wok sticky-we don't want this. Use a lint free towel again, then put in 300 degree oven for 15 mins, remove and wipe away any excess oil that has pooled (ud be surprised) then crank ur oven to max and leave for 1-2 hrs to bake. Let completely cool before storing away. Shout-out to Jeffrey B.Rogers of the culinary fanatic at YouTube, please visit his channel to learn more abt proper cast iron maintenance.
As you can see, that's only con. Check out my short video review titled "utopia cast iron wok" at utube by InHarmony. You won't be disappointed with this!!
It works so well. I cooked stirfry, potatoes,eggs. Everything comes out good. It is light, I can pickup with one arm.
Yes, the surface is rough. But will smooth out over use. I know cast iron. The roughness doesn't affect functions. You can use sand paper to smooth it also, the result will be amazing.