Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Castle 12327 Serenity Wood Pellet Stove with Smart..." and save 49% off the $999.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Castle 12327 Serenity Wood Pellet Stove with Smart Controller
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Reinvent the way you heat your home with Castle's Serenity wood pellet stove and new Smart Controller
- The Smart Controller allows you to choose manual, thermostat, and weekly operational modes to heat your home on your schedule, Along with calendar and time based heating options, you can also set a local thermostat or manually set it on one of five burn levels
- As with any Castle Pellet Stove, you'll experience affordability, style, and practicality. Its space-saving shape and attractive design will make it a welcomed addition to any room, and with the new Smart Controller, heating your home efficiently on your terms has never been easier
- The Serenity Stove is designed to be easy to clean - there are no tubes, corrugations, or hidden chambers
- Operating Wattage 77 Watts (W), Voltage 120 Volts (V), Greater than 69.8% thermal efficiency, 1500 square feet heating capacity
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The Serenity stove requires very little assembly compared to other stoves. Its compact design allows it to fit into the smallest of spaces. For the Do-It-Yourselfer installation is easy. The manual explains the installation process. Installation generally takes less than two hours. The Castle Pellet Stove is mobile home approved and EPA certified to comply with state and local regulations in most areas. There’s no need to waste dollars on a chimney or flute as this unit can be direct vented.
Adjust your heating needs to your lifestyle. The Serenity features a 24-hour programmable controller for each day of the week that has the ability to cycle on and off and adjust to a built-in thermostat depending on when heat is needed. The house can be warm when you wake up and when you come home from work, while remaining cooler during the day and at night while you sleep. Along with calendar and time based heating options, you can also set a local thermostat or manually set it on one of the five burn levels.
Designed with convenience and ease in mind. All pellet stoves need to be cleaned; most have hard to reach chambers that build up ash that impairs the stoves ability to transfer heat. There’s no need to remove panels or disassemble parts to clean. Simply dump the easy-to-access firepot and ash pan, and sweep out the exhaust pipe.
Heat more with less fuel. The innovative heat exchanger in the Castle Serenity was modeled after the fins on air-cooled engines, which provides for 2.5 square feet of additional surface area for maximum thermal exchange in a compact space. The design is both unique and functional because it allows the inside of the stove to be smooth for easy cleaning and minimal ash build up, while exchanging an incredible amount of heat produced by the burning wood pellets. While other stoves are blowing your hard earned dollars outside, the Serenity stove keeps all of your warmth inside.
|Dimensions||Depth 23.75" / Height 34" / Width 18.25" / Exahust 3" / Weight 186lbs|
|Thermostat||Adjustable Thermostat Included with a Built-In Fan Controlled by LED Programmable Controller|
|Saftey||Thermal Overload Protection / Saftey Shut Off / Heat Shields Included|
|Fuel Type||Wood Pellets (40lb Capacity)|
|Heating Coverage||1500 Square Feet|
|BTU Input/ Output||31,960 BTU / 9,575-22,226 BTU|
|Burn Time (Per 40lb Bag)||12 Hours (High Setting) - 24 Hours (Low Setting)|
|Plug In||120 Volt Plugin|
|Operating Wattage/ Ignition Wattage/ Amperage (Starting)||77 Watts / 400 Watts / 3.3 Amps|
|Certified||EPA Certified / Moblie Home Certified / ETL Certified|
Reinvent the way you heat your home with castle's serenity wood Pellet stove and new smart controller. The smart controller allows you to choose manual, thermostat and Weekly operational modes to heat your home on your schedule. As with any Castle Pellet stove, you'll experience affordability, style and practicality. Its space-saving shape and attractive design will make it a welcomed addition to any room and with the new smart controller heating your home efficiently on your terms has never been easier.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
• Reliable. The stove has given me very little trouble, so far, and it appears to be very well built. Occasionally, the pellets do not auto-ignite quickly enough, causing the stove to fill with smoke and then "burst" a bit when the pellets do ignite, letting some smoke out into the room.
• Easy to clean. I appreciate that there is no faux stone backing to remove or tight places to vacuum. Maintenance is quick, easy, and straightforward.
• Attractive. I like the way it looks, especially when the glass is clean and a nice fire is glowing inside.
• Built in thermostat, so you don't need a separate thermostat on the wall with a wire running to the unit.
• Small hopper. I realize it's a 40-lb hopper, but it's so tight, that you have to wait until it is very close to empty before filling it with another whole bag (assuming you don't want left-overs in the bag).
• Pellets stop feeding into auger too soon. Because of the way the hopper is shaped, pellets stop feeding into the hopper when there is still several pounds of pellets in the hopper. And since the hopper just barely fits 40 lbs of pellets, you have to refill it before you can empty in an entire bag.
• Loud fans. The unit is loud during startup and especially shutdown. When turning it off, the fan blows at maximum speed, presumably to help the unit cool down. This can take 15-20 minutes. At it's lowest fan setting it runs fairly quietly, higher fan settings run loud.
• Backlight always on when running. When the stove is on and running, the very bright blue backlight is always on. It should shut off after a minute or so and turn back on if the user presses a button.
• NO TEMPERATURE BASED ON/OFF CONTROL. This is my real issue with this heater...
The description of this unit says there is a thermostat operation control method...and technically this is true, but it doesn't work the way you probably think it would. If you run the unit in thermostat mode, the unit automatically turns on, whether the room is warmer than the temperature you've set or not. As the heater warms the space and approaches the temperature you've set, the fan settings dial down, but the unit never turns itself off.
Example A) Your room is at 70 degrees and you set your thermostat to 65 degrees. The stove will immediately go into ignite mode and start heating the room on the lowest fan setting and it doesn't turn off until you manually turn it off. In our house, even on the low setting, this heater will cause the temperature to go up into the 90s.
Example B) Your room is at 60 degrees and you set your thermostat to 65 degrees. The same thing happens as above, except initially the fans will be set at a higher speed, in order to reach your desired temperature faster. But then, it's the same deal, it kicks over to low and keeps on running until you manually turn it off.
Even $20 electric room heaters have a temperature controlled on/off feature. Discovering this was a HUGE LET DOWN. Although it is a good stove, I would never have purchased it had I realized that a stove with advanced LED controls, a built-in thermostat, and programmable scheduling would lack the simple feature of turning itself on and off based on a user-defined temperature. Because it doesn't have this feature, we are constantly having to fiddle with it...too hot, too cold, turn it on, turn it off. As the main source of heat for our home a temperature-based on/off feature is sorely missed. In a garage or workshop, it probably wouldn't be a big deal.
Additionally, you can manually turn the unit on and off. You can manually turn it on and set a timer for when you want it to turn off in 1-hr increments (15- or even 30-minute increments would be a lot nicer). There is also a weekly schedule feature that allows you to program up to four predetermined on/off times per day. This works OK, but the weather fluctuates a lot around here, so we never seem to be able to get it right. Mostly, we just use the manual on/off and sometimes the timer shut-off in the evening before bed.
If you want a heater that turns on and off by itself based on a temperature that you can set...do not buy this heater. If that feature is not important to you, this is a great stove at a great price. It's not the quietest, nor the most convenient, but it keeps our house very warm, it's reliable, and the overall value is very good.
After getting approval from my insurance company, I installed the stove myself using a vent system manufactured by DuraVent. I purchased the vent kit from overstockstoves.com for $190. I also installed an outside air kit made from 2" exhaust piping I purchased at Autozone. The manual indicates that exhaust piping is acceptable for this purpose.
Although this stove is not as heavy as some competitors, it is in my opinion well made. I really like the design of heat exchanger which consists of several fins mounted on top of the fire box. Air is forced through the fins transferring heat into the room. Other manufactures use a series of small tubes which require periodic cleaning. Although the stoves that use the tube design are more efficient, they require significantly more work to clean.
I have found that this stove has good reviews on other websites.
I have a different pellet stove in my work shop, but the Serenity stove is so much easier to program, operate, and clean. I dump the fire pot once a day (10 seconds) and empty the ash pan about once a week. It is silly easy compared to a wood stove, and certainly easier than my other pellet stove. Just pour one 40lb bag of pellets in the hopper, push the ON button, and that's it. The Serenity ignites and runs amazingly quiet, and I especially like the easy-to-program blower and exhaust fan speeds that can be adjusted for each heat level setting for optimum heat generation and burn efficiency tailored to the quality of pellets being used. It even included a remote control so that I can turn on, and program, the stove from my upstairs loft or bedroom.
Everyone in the house loves the heat generated by the Serenity, including the dog. My black lab parks herself in front of the stove until her fur coat is hot to the touch. She has definitely found a new favorite spot in the house.
Most recent customer reviews
The it shut off and i couldn't get it started again.Read more
Use as only heat in our 1800sqft home we set the temp at 74 and it keeps the house comfortable and only uses about 3/4 of a bag every 24hrs with the...Read more