When American author Edgar Allan Poe visits London, he is approached by British journalist Alan Foster, who becomes the target of a peculiar wager. Not believing Poe's assertion that all of his macabre stories have been based on actual experience, Foster accepts a bet from Poe and his friend Sir Thomas Blackwood that he cannot spend an entire night in the Blackwood's haunted castle. Once in the abandoned castle, Foster discovers he is not alone. He is approached by two beautiful women, a handsome man and a doctor of metaphysics who explains they are lost souls... damned to replay the stories of their demises on the anniversary of their deaths!
Synapse Film is proud to present CASTLE OF BLOOD in this new fully digital transfer, meticulously assembled to present the longest version ever released in the U.S.
Euro-horror fans have waited a LONG time for this film to be properly restored and this DVD is the complete version of this cult film classic!
This presentation of CASTLE OF BLOOD features scenes not included in the original U.S. theatrical release. Because these scenes were never dubbed into English, they are presented here in French with English subtitles.
- UNCENSORED INTERNATIONAL VERSION Containing Scenes Not Included In The Original U.S. Theatrical Release
- Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78) Transfer. Enhanced For Widescreen TVs
- In English And French With New English Subtitles For The Newly Restored French Language Footage
- Original U.S. Theatrical Trailer
- Original U.S. CASTLE OF BLOOD Opening Credit Sequence
- Liner Notes From Film Historian, Tim Lucas
- Still Gallery