Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,003 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,062 reviews
on March 5, 2012
Way back in the day, I watched Bruce Willis in Moonlighting and fell in love with the kind of comedy and relationship that now sizzles and pops between Detective Kate Beckett and novelist Richard Castle.

Beckett and Castle are two beautiful people with a few scars and flaws that makes them believably human. (Like the play on names, too.)

Castle's devotion to his daughter and his relationship with his quirky actress mother add dimension and depth and more ways to have fun in this television series. Kate's strong, by-the-book behavior is the perfect foil for Richard Castle's 12-year-old boyish ways (even though he is WAY past that age and has a daughter older than that.) He has a Peter Pan syndrome that alternates with responsible father, man-about-town, famous writer, and loving son, not to mention a strong and worthy civilian partner for homocide detective -- Kate who has her own closet full of secrets and designer clothing.

I came to this series late, but fell hard and fast for this unorthodox crime fighting duo. Just watched an episode from season 4 and can't wait to get my hands on the DVD. Send it Amazon! Send it soon!

I have seasons 1-3 and the episodes are definitely re-watchable. Quality production all the way. Great ensemble cast. Can't think of anything that I can find fault with. The humor is perfect, the chemistry just steamy enough and the sweet family relationships are just quirky enough to add spice. The 'family' at the precinct add balance and more pleasure.

What can I say, this is one television series that has it all! Romance, suspense, action, adventure,and family! And the dialogue is smart and original. The plot twists fresh and often totally unexpected. A wonderful diversion from the cares of the world with some mystery and mayhem and for us writer types -- a wonderful subplot that explores book writing and funnels into our dreams of someday walking the red carpet for our book signings.
1313 comments| 181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2015
My wife and I really enjoy this show, we own all the seasons, the first 2 in disk form and the rest in Amazon digital. Nathan Filion does a great job as the annoying tag along writer. He was great in his role as a space cowboy in the series Firefly, and then later in the movie Serenity, I only with that there was more then the single season of Firefly.
on March 11, 2017
Just went to open up this season and the plastic shrink wrap says "Disc Made in Mexico". Makes me wonder where I am buying from or if i'm buying a knock off or not. The discs play wonderfully and the packaging was great.
on April 25, 2017
Fun who done it. A mystery show that is used as a back up if nothing else is on. Would watch more often but run thru the series too quickly.
on March 11, 2017
Love the series!
However we do not love the DVD case.
The DVDs fell out as soon as we opened it, and try as we may they won't 'click in' fully enough for them to hold in the case, so the falling out continues
on September 23, 2012
While I enjoyed the season, I get some of the complaints. However, Nathan Fillion is just so darn lovable, that he makes up for it for us.

Favorite episode was the bombing episode. Not due to being "timely", but because it wasn't your typical murder. Love a different crime to be solved.

Though, some of me is a bit scared by the idea of the cops being to track us as they want.

I really miss the old Captain.
on April 21, 2017
Castle is always a god show, it leaves you feeling good and entertained
on December 21, 2012
Castle (and Beckett) just keep getting better and better. Season four ends where it all has been headed - with the two stars finally coming together. Love this show....
on July 15, 2013
I have watched all 4 seasons on DVD. I enjoy this TV program very much. Looking forward to Season 6 in the Fall and we have preordered Season 5 on DVD.
on April 2, 2017