BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 31, 2017
I was a huge Castle fan. Even more so a fan of Nathan Fillion. So when the Richard Castle books came out, I was so excited.

Deadly Storm is our introduction to PI Derrick Storm. He is very much like the Castle character on the TV show. Smart, creative, impulsive, charming, and a bit of an idiot.
He gets himself caught up in a case which brings him in touch with CIA operative Clara Strike. Their partnership in this adventure is comical.
I'm not into comic books, which is why this got 4 stars instead of 5. But I enjoyed the story. I laughed many times over the stupid things Storm said. A lot of the dialog is cheesy, but still awesome. I look forward to reading the next installment.
on June 12, 2016
From Marvel and ABC comes the television tie-in comic Castle: Richard Castle’s Deadly Storm, an exciting spy thriller. Based on the fictitious book Deadly Storm by the show’s lead character, this graphic novel adaptation tells the origin story of private eye turned CIA operative Derrick Storm as he’s recruited by the CIA to find an agent that’s gone missing. The story is very Castle-ish, with many the same kinds of characters and a similar plot structure to that of the television show. It also has a quirky, lighthearted sense of humor and a meta quality to its presentation. Additionally, the artwork is really good, capturing the grittiness and action especially well. Living up to everything that the show made it out to be, Castle: Richard Castle’s Deadly Storm is a riveting adventure.
on June 8, 2017
Not what I expected but a funny read.
on March 2, 2017
This was a great book to read and I personally loved the content. The Illastrations were great, and the story was adventurous. I will definitely read the other ones! thanks for this book at such a low price!
on April 6, 2012
I'm a huge Castle fan and I couldn't wait to read this graphic novel. Derrick Storm is an entertaining character who perhaps is a little over the top but aren't we all sometimes. In the TV show, the Clara Strike character was based on a CIA agent who was recently played by Jennifer Beals, and of course Rick based the Derrick Storm character on himself although he's never been a cop or a CIA agent. Just a writer as his protective vest indicates. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and I am looking forward to reading more Richard Castle novels and graphic novels.

Peter Moore - Author of Copyright and Skip-Trace
on August 25, 2017
Loved the show , now the books
on October 26, 2011
This was a great first run. The art was beautiful and the sentiments are appreciated (I love the series and the nuance that connected this comic to the show) but the story was VERY light. Not much to it. No twisting and turning. No guessing. No suspense. Not what I expected. As a fan, I would be willing to give their next attempt at the comic a chance. For those not too familiar with the series, I'd suggest looking to different content for entertainment while these guys figure out their process and direction.
on July 13, 2012
Item: The graphic novel is as described.
Delivery: Prompt and well packaged.
Recommend: Would recommend this graphic novel to anyone whose a fan of Castle!
Purchase again?: Yes, if I ever need another copy.

I am a Castle fan, so I may be a bit biased. However, if it was a crap read, I would state it without hesitation.
This graphic novel, had a storyline that was quite entertaining and I look forward to the next one!

Overall Rating: A-
on March 6, 2014
A little hard to follow at times, but it may be because I'm not used to graphic expressions of emotions that are usually described. Some of the graphics are not well visualized on Kindle. Overall, a good base for Derrick Storm. I look forward to following Richard Castle's Storm series.
on January 16, 2015
Everything from the storyline to the graphics are worth all the stars. Having the dialogue blocks pop out in the Kindle Fire version is icing on the cake. Must have for both the Castle fan and a comic fan!