Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 118 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 128 reviews
on July 19, 2016
Wow! A lot of love for this game...why?
It's an ok, almost generic GOW clone.
There, I've said it.
But I've found more issues playing this, then any GOW game.

Major issues for me:
Context button prompt in the middle of cinematics (just happened once but annoying that I can’t ever feel like relaxing and enjoy the show after that because now I’m anticipating them)
Once and awhile, Gabriel would “freeze” and be stuck in this position and then snap out of it (just like in Lollipop Chainsaw)
Bad spawn point placement – like just before having to open a door and then die from enemies and then having to open that door again every time they kick your ass and you have to start over
One jump was so tight I died at least ten times and then sheer luck as I finally grabbed onto that ledge (some of you might remember this part)
A lot of platforming and puzzles – not my cup of tea
Having upgrades that are unreachable until you finish the game and play again (right like you were that sure people would wanna reply this over and over and over)
No way to unlock all those crazy moves in one go – unless you level grind (once again not that into it)
Things hiding off side so you would have to now they are there in order to get them, because the makers of them game thought it would be fun to place collectibles and upgrades where you CAN’T see them (and force you to buy the strategy guide- I'm convinced this is the only reason they are kept hidden)
Boss fights are not the most challenging
And last very similar to another game I’ve mentioned along with Dante’s Inferno ( that was pretty shameless rip off too)

The good stuff:
Looks good
Voice acting is decent
The enemies for the most part were pretty cool
Action is somewhat sparse in some stages but they give you a handful of cool moves to unlock
The controls are decent but Gabriel could not turn on a dime to save himself

In conclusion, for the price you would be paying now a days, go for it – it’s totally worth it.
Playing it was fun enough and Oh..yeah another plus, the end…no I’m not being cheeky, the end was awesome and reminded of the Strain so bad now I wanna watch it…so good job on the end. ( he looked just like Bolivar)
Good solid game that’s borrows a little too heavily from its fellow games instead of making enough tweaks to call the game distinctive and uniquely Castlevania.
on January 22, 2015
One of my all-time favorite game series, Castlevania Lords of Shadow has bitten its way deep down into my heart. It's amazing how easily and deeply I have grow to love this reboot of the Castlevania franchise, and it is a pity that most reviews seem to rather dislike these games as a whole. I don't know why, exactly. I found the art design and presentation to be fantastic and engaging. I would stand in the middle of this broken down tower with all of these details, lighting, effects, and delicate sounds with the most amazing music. . . .and I would just be so drawn in. Oscar Araujo did an amazing job with the Lords of Shadow soundtrack. And oh! The characters! I love them so much! Gabriel Belmont and Marie are timeless classics to me now. Their love is so pure (some may find it stupid or cheesy, I suppose) and I find it inspiring, sweet, and just....I love it so much! The other supporting characters like Laura or Zolbek or Pan are also interesting and beautifully rendered. The voice acting is top-notch, the emotion presented is gripping and memorable. The action is tight and strategic, a delight to nail down and perfect! There should not be too much over zealous button mashing here--it's more about timing, using the right weapons at the right time against the right foe, and learning their attack patterns, strengths and weaknesses. I personally adore the Chapter presentation of the game. Traversing my way through an action-packed storybook was a simple, delicate touch that really made the game stand out from all others. I cannot run out of praise for this game. It is filled with a love and fulfilling gameplay that few games can match. I recommend this game fervently. Just play it. C'mon you know you want to. I can't imagine how you could regret it. It's just....that good.
on April 19, 2016
Came fully sealed. I'm a old school gamer. 1989-1990 was my first Nintendo and then years later Super Nintendo. I've played and currently own every Castlevania game including imports. Anything after Super Nintendo my intrests began to dwindle with video games. Then came Castlevania SOTN for Playstation and to this day is my top game to play especially the Dream cast version. This being said the new versions meaning lords of shadow 1and 2 just aren't for me. Mirror of Fate though I loved and that's why I bought this. If you enjoy your old school side scroller's I would recommend giving this a shot.
on June 10, 2015
Mirror of fate is actually the best one which is just enough puzzle and just enough platforming to balance the game. Takes place between 1 and 2.

Lords of shadow 1 is very intriguing story wise yet becomes aggravating as you go further due to astronomical amounts of puzzle solving and platforming...

The only thing that kept me going was the story.
Which was quite original and good.
on January 7, 2017
The Collection I was waiting for
on July 10, 2017
Perfect game ps3
on June 24, 2017
Not a God Of War contender as it was advertised at 1 point of time, Story is slow but boss battles were great.
on October 16, 2015
Excellent primary game. The other game isn't really interesting. It is 2-d and cheesy at that, more, perhaps, made for handheld consoles than as reasonable big console or computer games. Far too little detail, no interesting. However, the main game is worth the price itself, thankfully. Skip the rest, or not. I suppose, if you have kids and they have a smaller console, it beats what is on television.
on November 3, 2015
this is a great game. I hadn't played a castlevania game since legacy of darkness on Nintendo 64. this is a lot different, much more detailed. the graphics are really cool. at the rate im going it'll take me a year to get though it
on May 20, 2015
While i enjoyed the game, i feel that was stretched in the middle just to make it longer, and that doesnt really help. The beginning third and the ending are a joy, the rest not so much. The Mirror of Fate HD version is fun, and plays as well as it did on the DS, but the upscaling makes the game look muddy, and you can tell the textures are actually low res.

But for the price, id buy it again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.