Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Castration: The Advantages and the Disadvantages
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 17, 2017
Good info but he is advocating for castration. What about all the innocent who've been accused? What about thinning bones? If a eunuch eats too much acidic foods, this is a real long term risk. What about heat sensitivity? Testosterone is like refrigerant. I'm a eunuch myself and don't recommend castration to anyone. Additionally, being a eunuch makes one want to be with other eunuchs and there is none, just me.

On the plus side I'm not going bald so that's a relief! Longer average lifespan.
I'll expand my review when I have time.
on August 2, 2017
Outstanding book. Me. Cheney details Castration from Ancient times to modern day violence. He discussed Castration as a remedy. He detailed the Advantages and Disadvantages thoroughly plus the positive medical issues and side effects.

Any male considering Castration the book is essential reading. After reading it, you will be able to make a decision.

Myself, I have now chosen to be Castrated.
on December 13, 2013
This book is far thicker than I expected, and goes into scientific detail on castration in various countries, the how, the why, the effects, and more. I'm rating it high for what it is - but I bought it for a joke, and it's not really for that.
on July 14, 2014
This is a nicely written book on the advantages and disadvantages of human castration. Several YouTube videos on this subject caused me to ask why anyone would consider this surgery. This book answered most of the questions I had. Hope anyone considering surgery would read it and maybe start with the disadvantages.
on April 15, 2017
Focused on advantages of castrating sexual predators, no significant discussion of other advantages or disadvantages. Lots of quotes from other authors, not much original thinking. Sorry I spent the money.
on June 2, 2016
I hated it.
on August 20, 2013
Don't make any rash and (in hindsight) presumptive decisions while perusing this little tome. Definitely read to the end before taking any action. Why oh why did he list all of the advantages first? Why couldn't he have started with the disadvantages and ended with the positives? No reason, just saying.
VINE VOICEon January 24, 2015
As a former social worker, I have always wanted to tell certain people, "You--outta of the gene pool." But that conflicts with that dang sensitivity training I always had to use. Now with this little gem, I can conveniently and anonymously mail this to certain "special" people who, let's face it, should never reproduce.

This also is a great conversation starter when faced with that awkward moment when you finally meet your teen daughter's new boyfriend.

I was also going to send it to various elected officials and a few kids at the local middle school. It's never too early to plan for future castration as my dad used to say.
on March 1, 2012
This book changed my life. I was ready for a life changing event and this book showed the way. I had tried everything from base jumping to beating up random people at the food court in my local mall but nothing worked.

However, it is not for everyone. I will list the pros & cons below so you can judge for yourself:

PROS -
1. Getting kicked in the balls is no big deal.
2. I make an effective sundial. No need to wear a watch during daylight!
3. Lots of extra room "down there." I can carry extra cash without fear of being mugged.

CONS -
1. No more scratching. C'mon guys, you know what I'm talking about. That time in the morning right after you wake up and you really give your boys the once-over. I miss that immensely.
2. Man boobs. I developed a rally impressive rack. I spend WAY too much time inspecting and examining them. Did I mention they are impressive?
3. They don't grow back. This was never addressed in this book and I just made an assumption.

All in all I find that a life without my coin purse is very rewarding indeed!
on August 28, 2013
I'd been considering downsizing for a while. Streamlining, if you will. I'm one of those guys who carries absolutely everything in his pockets -- wallet, phone, spare change, keys, cinder blocks, Four Loko -- and it just got out of control. Finally, after one too many TSA checks in which I had to place my copper ashtray on the conveyor belt, I thought, "Man, I've got to make some changes. I need more space down there. What are my options?"

I asked a couple of my ex-girlfriends and to a man -- er, woman -- each of them said, "Well, I think you'd be doing yourself *and* the people who know you the best a favor if you'd castrate yourself. Nobody would miss a thing." They curiously all hung up right after saying that. Women, am I right?

But I had concerns. Would it hurt? Do I get a lolly afterwards? Would they throw it away after they took it or would it somehow wind up on eBay? What if the dog got it?

This book taught me, in a very step-by-step, thoughtful and sensitive manner, the pros and cons of the process. I discovered that it's not something you just do to make your life more organized. You could go to IKEA for that! I realized it was actually a *major life decision*, which is something I wish I'd known before I had nasal cavity blockage surgery.

If not for this book, I would not have been informed about the ethical and practical considerations of castration. I would have acted impulsively, and clearly that's not the right reason to do anything. I might have even been *really* dumb and done the procedure *myself* like Uncle Stuart did. (Or maybe it was Aunt Betty who did it for Uncle Stuart. The story changes every time they tell it.)

In the end I decided the advantages outweighed the disadvantages and got it done, professionally. I went to a certified doctor who had a plaque on his wall and everything. And since then it's been great! My pockets are freer, jogging is much easier, I worry much less about my defense in kickboxing, and my ex-girlfriends keep sending me flowers and thank-you cards.

Gotta go, it's time for choir practice. They call me "The Hairiest Soprano In the World." Those kidders!