Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 865 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 995 reviews
on December 9, 2012
My niece told me about this toy the other day and how her cat spends hours a day playing with it. I couldn't find it in petsmart so I ordered one online...

My cat has become an addict! When I first gave him the box, he spent an hour straight playing with it. He was EXHAUSTED! But he never gets bored with it, he keeps coming back and waits for food to be dropped in there. This toy is now his preferred method of eating...

The beauty here is in its simplicity and genius design. I don't write reviews often but I feel really inspired to give the creator the due props. Check this thing out, you will want to spread the love to all your cat friends.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2016
I can see why some cats would love this toy but Meeko was absolutely appalled at this cardboard labyrinth of treat-withholding. I made the mistake of putting treats in there...he apparently finds it an abhorrent practice to work for treats. He completely refused to make eye contact with me after he couldn't get his treats.
review image review image review image
on April 15, 2013
Our 10 month old kitten is the smartest cat I've ever known...and I'm not bragging, it's more a complaint. Two weeks ago, he pulled down our shower curtain; last week, we saw him get up on the kitchen counter, open the top drawer and he took out 2 rubber bands to play with (of course we took those away immediately, to his dismay); and over the weekend, he discovered the joys of shredding toilet paper. I noticed that he likes to put his favorite mousey toy in places that are hard to reach (like on the other side of an open door) and then spends a bunch of time trying to get it back. He's adorable, but exhausting for us and our 15 year old cat (who mostly wants to sleep and cuddle).

I was searching Amazon for puzzle toys in hopes of finding something to entertain him, and was excited to find this toy! We received it today, and he was interested even while I was doing the simple assembly. I put it on the floor, he saw me put one treat in each section, and he IMMEDIATELY went for it. He tried the intermediate section first, and it took him about 7 or 8 minutes to get the treat out, then went for the easy side (1 minute flat). The advanced side kept him occupied for another 20 minutes until he got that treat, too. I put 3 more treats in - one in each section - and he had all 3 of those in another 10 minutes. Hahaha. So I stuffed his favorite mousey into the intermediate section and he had it out in less than a minute. Hmmm. Now that it's empty, he's taking a nap. I'll try it again tomorrow with some regular food instead of treats, and see if he's still as excited.

My 15 year old cat, who is very sweet but not very bright, has no interest in the toy. ;-)

If you Pet Amazing folks ever make an even more challenging puzzle toy and need a smart kitty tester, send it on over!
33 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2015
My cat seems to like it. He'll get bored after a little while if he can't get all of the treats at once but then he'll go back to it and keep working at it until he gets them all out. I scatter them in the different sections. He tries to cheat sometimes by grabbing a hold of the side holes and pulls it across floor. He also pushes it with his head, don't know what that's all about, but it's fun to watch him enjoy it. He has some of the cardboard chewed a little but it isn't destroyed.
review image
on December 6, 2014
Superb toy! My cat loves this thing. We're getting ready to replace it because he has torn it apart. For the price, I only wish the cat couldn't rip it up with his teeth trying to get the treats, but I stuff the box with his toys making it even more challenging. Overall, highly recommend for helping to keep kitty busy. UPDATE: We purchased a new one even though they are much more pricey (not happy about that) partially because I read that kitties got their paws stuck in the the other wooden types. I've included a couple of photos so you can see how we stuff it with his smaller toys to make it more fun and challenging.
review image review image
on September 5, 2015
I bought this toy mostly on a whim, feeling terrible that my housecat stays at home bored all day. The assembly is easy and quick, and once I dropped the treats in, my cat went for it! She completed the easy/intermediate/hard in a few minutes, but you can actually flip the inside for a more challenging puzzle! Now I leave a few treats in there whenever I go out, and she entertains herself fishing them out. It's been two months and the box is still holding up, albeit a little dented...if she destroyed it, I'd still get another! I hope that CatAmazing makes more puzzles soon!
review image
on April 23, 2017
Gotta say that this is a great cat toy. I bought this six months ago and started putting a few treats in it first thing every morning. Landy, my resident cat, needed about two minutes to figure out how to work it. Now he heads for his CA as soon as I come in for breakfast and spends a busy few minutes rolling around wrestling treats out of the holes. I didn't think the cardboard would last long but it still looks new. A nice product at a fair price. I can certainly recommend it and Landy seconds the motion.
on April 15, 2016
I've learned with products for cats, they rarely have the same tastes as owners. I've spent lots of money on them and they frequently prefer lipgloss to play with or the box the toys came in. So it's not entirely fair to have reviews that slam the product because the cat doesn't like it.
I recently adopted a young Burmese cat (not knowing how active and people-loving they are) - she is smart but prefers playing with me and a toy. I've tried several engaging toys for her. While this isn't her favorite toy, it is indeed a good choice.
The package this comes in is cute and the puzzle itself is easy to put together (it comes with really explicit instructions). It is sturdy (although my kitty isn't rough with it). Yes, it would be not too difficult to create a similar toy, but it certainly wouldn't be this nice - it's clear the creators put a lot of thought and care into the design. My only complaint is that if treats aren't removed right away, little oil spots show up on the cardboard. Perhaps a different treat wouldn't do that - but the ones I have do. That's just a cosmetic issue so far.
The best moment I witnessed was when she took one of her favorite toys and dropped it in the puzzle so she could fish it back out.
on September 21, 2015
All 3 of my cats liked this toy right away. My 13 year old cat liked it most! I put some freeze dried treats in it and he and my 2 year old cat went to town trying to get them out. My 6 month old kitten isn't really into treats, but she enjoyed playing with a toy mouse and ball that I put in it.
review image review image
on December 3, 2015
She spends hours playing with it when I'm not home (per the husband). She hardly ever plays with other toys (I've bought a lot of them). I guess she really needs the incentive of a tasty treat inside, plus a fun challenge.

My husband commented today that this is "the best cat toy we've ever had," and that's saying a lot, since he often comments that we have too many cat toys. I am going to throw away all the other toys and just use this (plus a few fuzzy mice and treats) from now on.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.