Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Cat in the Hat I Can Do That! Game” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 37% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Cat in the Hat I Can Do That! Game
|Price:||$15.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$4.00 (20%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Cat in the Hat I Can Do That
- Jump into the fun and discover all the new things you can do.
- Game Components Include: Trick-a-ma-stick Foam Bar, 33 Activity Cards
- Can Do That! Games are designed to bring people together
- Just a few of the awards we¿ve received include: Parents¿ Choice Gold Award, Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum and Gold Awards.
- Game brings to life the beloved Dr. Seuss book giving kids a new and incredibly fun way to experience this classic Dr. Seuss story
- This game helps kids discover their own abilities and encourages self-confidence
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Innovative Game Gets Kids Moving
This is not your traditional board game. I Can Do That! comes with imaginative props inspired by the classic children's book The Cat In the Hat by Dr. Seuss, as well as a deck of color-coded cards that provide funny, challenging activities.
To start, a player picks one of each of the three color cards. Taken together, the cards create a fun and funny activity the player is challenged to do. For example, Card 1 could read "Take Four Giant Steps," Card 2 "With the Cake," and Card 3 "On your head!" Each card also has one, two, or three stars on it for score keeping purposes. If the player wants to take the challenge, he says "I can do that!" and proceeds. If he succeeds, he keeps the cards in his own scoring pile. If he doesn't think he can do the activity, he can re-draw until he gets an activity that he can do. But watch out: if he draws a "Stop!" card, he must give up his cards and end his turn. The player with the most stars in the scoring pile wins the game.
Creative, Funny Activities Build Confidence
The beauty of this game is in its simplicity. Easy-to-follow instructions and super-easy assembly ensure that your family will be playing in no time, with minimal frustration -- a must for the enthusiastic, shorter attention spans of younger kids.
We also love that this game goes beyond traditional board games to get kids up and moving. This is great both for energetic youngsters who lack the patience to focus quietly and for children who need a bit more motivation to get physical. Kids will have a lot of fun balancing, crawling, leaping, and skipping with the whimsical props. They'll enjoy watching each other, and they'll learn to compete in an entertaining environment.
We also love that the game's structure encourages kids to challenge themselves, while the option of drawing and re-drawing cards still gives them the choice to play at their comfort levels. The simple, generalized game instructions are open it to many variations, and the instructions actually encourage families to customize the rules to their children's abilities and desires.
The only concern we had was with the game's durability. The foam pieces definitely won't last as long as your vintage Monopoly set. But on the plus side, the flexible, soft props guard well against injuries or mishaps.
What's in the Box
One deck of color-coded cards, foam and plastic props, and instruction card.
Compare to Similar Items
This item Cat in the Hat I Can Do That! Game
Dr. Seuss' The Cat In The Hat Game B00000DMEB
Cranium Hullabaloo - Cranium Hullabaloo B00A8Q0S6M
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Bert & Derk||Amazon.com||Amazing Plush|
|Are Batteries Required||No||No||No||No|
|Item Dimensions||3.15 x 15.75 x 10.5 in||16 x 2.25 x 10.75 in||2.69 x 15.81 x 10.56 in||10.6 x 10.6 x 4.1 in|
|Item Weight||1.07 lbs||1.7 lbs||3 lbs||1.94 lbs|
Top Customer Reviews
The activity level of this game is reasonably high, so be prepared to get up and move somehow for each of your turns. And also be prepared to leave any inhibitions about movement behind as you try to do things like jump up and down while holding a prop under your chin, or crawl around while holding a different prop under your clothes.
Be prepared for lots of smiles and laughs, from both you and your kiddos! A fun game, and I'd definitely buy it again! Now I'm wishing Amazon carried the other 2 Dr. Seuss games, Sing your Heart Out and You to the Rescue.
1) It's Boring - The age range on the box is from 4 to 8, and the basic sequencing in this game is something that doesn't hold the attention (or provide a meaningful challenge or learning opportunity) to kiddos five and up. Our five year old son was quickly bored with it.
2) It's Not Child-Friendly - Your child needs to know how to read to be able to play the game, so it's not something that most four or five year olds can play without an adult. We love to play games with our child, so this wouldn't be a problem for us, except that . . .
3) It's Not Parent-Friendly - Adults cannot completely play along because the trick-a-ma-stick is not big enough for an adult to crawl through, and it comes apart even when your child tries to crawl through it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great game! We first learned of it through my son's occupational therapist, and then had to buy our own! We love playing this game.Published 15 days ago by Kim Kewney
This was a perfect birthday present to a 3 year old Dr. Seuss fan. He absolutely loved it!!Published 29 days ago by Janelle Hendrickson
This is a LOT of fun for the older toddler set (2-5) but is oddly not built sturdy enough for that audience. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Hippie2MARS
My 4 year old grand son received this gift for Christmas from me. I haven't played it with him, but he told me he has played it with his family & liked it & said it was fun.Published 5 months ago by carol
Our son got this as a gift and we have now bought this for other kids. Excellent game we play with our 2 yr old and 4 yr old.Published 5 months ago by Cristine Drwal