Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cat Mate Pet Fountain - 70 Fluid Oz." and save 56% off the $47.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Cat Mate Pet Fountain - 70 Fluid Oz.
- Multi-Height drinking stations
- Ramp reduces water splashing
- I.P.S. (Isolated Pump System) for super-quiet operation
- Polymer-carbon filter for water purification (replacement cartridges available
- 3 Year Guarantee
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Cat Mate Pet Fountain - 70 Fluid Oz.
Vets tell us that it is vital for your pets' health and vitality to keep them well hydrated, and the Cat Mate drinking fountain has been carefully designed to encourage your cat or small dog to drink. Your pets will love the clean, fresh flowing water the Cat Mate Fountain provides.
The Cat Mate Fountain is exceptionally quiet in operation and maximizes the appeal of drinking with its multi-height drinking levels.
The replaceable polymer/activated carbon filter cartridge (one included) keeps the water clear, fresh and free from odors, just the way your pet likes it. Pet Mate recommend that the cartridge should be replaced monthly, or sooner if required.
The pump’s output is easily adjustable and the gentle flow is directed down an inclined water ramp to eliminate splashing and reduce water loss. The pump has a low voltage power supply for safety and is provided with a 10 foot power cord for ease of placement. And with a low power consumption of just 2 Watts, you won’t even notice it on your electricity bill.
Maintenance is simple as the bowls are dishwasher safe and the replacement cartridge easily slides into position. Only use Cat Mate branded filter cartridges to prolong the life of your pump. The pump should also be disassembled (no tools required) and cleaned every few weeks (or more frequently in hard water areas) to prevent limescale build-up. Full easy to follow instructions on how to do this are included with the fountain.
The Cat Mate Fountain has a three year manufacturer’s guarantee and the replaceable pump has a one year guarantee.
Need a larger fountain? Try the Dog Mate Large Pet Fountain
- Suitable for dogs and cats of all sizes.
- Large 200 Fluid Oz (1.5 Gallons) capacity.
- Isolated pump for very quiet operation.
- Water ramp eliminates splashing.
- Safe low voltage power supply.
Your pets's health and vitality require adequate water consumption. Our carefully developed, unique design is exceptionally
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
This item Cat Mate Pet Fountain - 70 Fluid Oz.
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||10.5 x 6.75 x 8.75 in||11.94 x 8.5 x 5.94 in||2.17 x 4.33 x 0.47 in||8.27 x 8.27 x 7.28 in||9 x 11.5 x 4.5 in||9.13 x 11.38 x 7 in|
|Size||4.37 lb||100oz Capacity||N/A||Standard||3.75 lb||3.12 lb|
Top customer reviews
Now I know to periodically pop off those three parts and give 'em a once over. Maintenance should be easy moving forward (rinse vs brush) now that I know how to maintain it. Having taken this thing apart, it's easy to see that there's not much to fail. The impeller simply spins off a magnet. My money is on the pump 'failing' due to internal obstruction as opposed to a faulty magnet.
I bought this fountain to replace a Drinkwell fountain I had for years. Why did I switch to Cat Mate? Well, the Drinkwell fountain was a PAIN to clean. Drinkwell sure makes a durable product - I had been wishing it would break for a looooooong time, so when recently, it started getting slimy within just days of every cleaning, I rejoiced! Drinkwell has many unnecessary deep nooks, crannies, and crevices but not Cat Mate - gone are the days of using chopsticks and Q-tips to clean the pet fountain! There are some spots in the Cat Mate that my normal scrub brush can't reach, but a dishrag reaches them no problem. Or, you can just stick it in the dishwasher.
Cleaning the Fountain (see pictures):
The fountain is made of two main pieces: an upper bowl (where the motor attaches) and a lower bowl. The motor can be completed removed from the fountain and taken apart into four pieces. The cord is long and can actually be separated by an attachment in the middle, so that the plug-end of the cord never gets anywhere near water. I am uploading pictures so you can see the pieces. When cleaning, the motor can be disassembled into four parts - the motor impeller and impeller tunnels are supposed to be soaked in a vinegar-water mixture for 2-3 hours to remove limescale deposits. The directions recommend replacing the filter once a month for one cat and more regularly for two or more cats if the filter becomes blocked.
My cat's opinion:
Generally, my cat loves any pet fountain - he drinks more water and begs less when he hears any running water (from any source including the toilet - he's apparently part dog). For the past week or so, I have had the old Drinkwell and new Cat Mate set up side by side. Water is disappearing from both, but it's hard to tell what is due to evaporation and what is due to the cat, but I mostly see him drink from the Cat Mate (probably in large part because it is building up gunkiness more slowly than the old Drinkwell). He seems to especially enjoy drinking from the top level of the Cat Mate.
* Easy-to-Clean (dishwasher safe, but if you do hand-wash, there are few nooks and crannies and all are reachable with a dishrag or paper towel)
* Long cord (so doesn't have to be close to an outlet)
* Cord detaches from plug (so don't have worry about electrocuting yourself if the plug gets wet during a cleaning)
* Filter fits in only one way (versus Drinkwell, where I almost always forgot if the black or gray side should be in front and had to google the answer every time)
* Adjusting the water flow requires taking apart the fountain (but this really isn't that difficult and I rarely change the water flow)
* Large plug (I plug it into the bottom outlet because otherwise it blocks the outlet below)
- Quiet design. The Petmate was very noisy. Both fountains actually have the same motor, but the Cat Mate fountain has a special clamp which prevents the motor from vibrating and therefore creating noise. The old Petmate's motor relied on suction cups which allowed the motor to vibrate against the frame of the fountain. The new Cat Mate fountain is very quiet.
- 3 pools of water with 2 waterfalls. This design allows for the cats to drink from two elevated pools of moving water, or two waterfalls, or the larger pool of still water. This also allows our cats to drink from the same fountain at the same time. They also seem to prefer the water falls over the Petmate's water ramp. The design also has a faster water flow rate compared to the Petmate (the cats seem to prefer this too).
- Easier to clean. The design is easy to disassemble and is dishwasher safe. The Petmate and Drinkwell designs are not and harder to clean. You will want to change you fountain water at least once a week (we change ours twice a week) and put it in the dishwasher at least once a month. This process is much easier to do than with the old Petmate.
- Money!!! The Petmate is more expensive for a worse design. Our grown children have a Drinkwell which they say is better than the Petmate, but it costs over twice the price of this Cat Mate.
In short great fountain for less bucks.