Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 65 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 80 reviews
on February 17, 2014
In this delightful story by Shirley Rousseau Murphy, Dulcie is watching the trial of Rob Lake for the murder of artist Janet Jeannots. She feel he is innocent and she talks Joe into helping her investigate the crime. In order to locate new evidence Dulcie stays for a few day with a neighbour of Janet's. Both Joe and Dulcie are chased by an ornery dog. Dulcie gets Joe to join her searching the art gallery for Janet's paintings. Joe manages to trips the alarm and the cops find them. This the the second book in the series.
on January 12, 2013
There are 18 actual titles in the JOE GREY series written by Shirley Rousseau Murphy where Joe Grey is a cat who can talk, read, use the telephone, etc., like a human can. They are 'different', they are entertaining and GOOD. If you like cats and have enough imagination to believe (as you read) that one could 'do' these things then you are in for a treat!

CAT UNDER FIRE is actually the 2nd title of this series. STOP NOW...GO BACK and read the 1st title CAT ON THE EDGE. You will 'need' the background provided in it to understand more fully what is happening.

It has been several years since I read this series (all 19 titles, including the first one THE CATSWOLD PORTAL). I read them in order 3 TIMES and when I received a Kindle Fire for Christmas I decided that it was time to purchase them all (in order as I can afford to!) I enjoyed them that much. I think that you will, too!

I now own the first 10 issues (I am buying them through Kindle books using my Amazon.com gift cards) but I have NOT had a chance to start re-reading them yet so cannot give specific details about any certain title. All I can say is that I MUST have enjoyed them to want to have them forever. I plan to add the remaining 9 titles to my growing Kindle 'library' soon!!
on March 23, 2015
Really enjoyed following the exploits of Joe Grey, the cat and his feminine counterpart, Dulcie. They are fine detectives and stealthily follow the criminals, even putting themselves at risk. If you are a cat person and enjoy cat humor you'll enjoy this book.
on April 29, 2017
Reading the series. Enjoy Joe Grey and Dulcie very much. Wish I could talk with my cat...
on December 16, 2016
I love Joe Grey and Dulcie!! Ms Murphy does an excellent job writing about the adventures the cats have and the mysteries that they solve. I have read about half of the Joe Grey books and am working on getting the rest. This is one series that I will keep on my book shelves to read again someday!
on March 10, 2014
Cat Under Fire is the 2nd book in this wonderful mystery series. If you love cats and fast moving mysteries, you’ll love this series. I recommend you read them in order because each story has references to past stories. You’ll also know how and when each character entered Joe’s life. The stories all have some ‘ahhh’ moments, some sad moments, and lots of ‘edge of the seat’ fast moments. I am thoroughly enjoying them.
on August 10, 2014
This probably wouldn't qualify as the great American novel, but I loved it. In this one, cat, Joe Gray, and his friend Dulcie, help fight crime and find the bad guys. There is actually a good mystery involved. The author must love cats. She describes the little cat nuances to a tee. I hope to have the pleasure of reading every Joe Gray novel Ms. Rousseau Murphy ever wrights.
on April 28, 2016
Joe Grey & Dulcie are delightful. I am now addicted to these books and have gone through the first 14 books in three months. I even put my reading-club book on hold so I could read the next one in the series.
on February 25, 2017
Loved every page of this book..cant wait to read the next and the next and the next...etc. I absolutely love the talking cats!! Enjoy!!
on October 15, 2015
Love the Joe Grey cat mysteries and trying to read them in order. Just waiting for more characters to find out about his being able to talk. Don't care for the killing of birds, rabbits, etc. by the cats but it is their nature.