Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3 Ft (3ft) Cat5e Ethernet Network Patch Cable (20 PACK) grey
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on August 13, 2013
There are tons of patch cables out there. Just about all of them are reliable. These particular cables ship quick and transmit data fine.

The problem I have with them is with the stupid little rubber cover over the clip. It's so far forward and so dense that it's very (read: way too much for a patch cable) difficult to get the patch cable to release. I have to actually use some cutters to crop the little plastic thing down if I have an ethernet port that's recessed 3mm.

Luckily, I've finally ran out of them so I can try out another vendor.

Again: they work just fine. The shipping is prompt. I'm just not too big on the sheath design.
on December 3, 2013
These amazing little grey things are wires. What's more, they are wires within wires twisted in pairs with little clip ends secured to each end. Perfect patch cable for those who have visitors that like to think they know what they are doing.
on October 22, 2012
There's not much to say about these network cables.
Most Cat5e cables you buy will be the exact same in the end, so I went with the most affordable bundle.
The product works as it should and my favorite part of all is that they were individually wrapped so you could store them easier and yet when the time came to open the package, it ripped open extremely easily with one or two twist ties holding the cables in a loop.
on November 29, 2012
To everyone complaining about the cables color, it specifically states that they are grey in the item name. Yes the picture is blue, but the item is labeled correctly. You should read more thoroughly before purchasing.

With that said, These are the worst cables I have ever dealt with. I have been an IT professional for over 10 years and I have never seen a cable made so poorly. Yes all of them work flawlessly, but don't think that you are going to be able to get them out of what you plugged them into. The Cable release tab is cut short on every single one I purchased. I purchased 40 of them (2 packs.) I have to take a knife to every cable prior to using them to cut the "Snag Preventer" part of the boot. This allows me to use my fingernail to reach the tab. I have my knife on me most times and just use that so I do not ruin my finger nails squeezing it.

I wish I could return everyone single one, But I was in a pinch and they were priced right. I usually buy all my cables from monoprice.com. I will be buying them from there from now on.

Thanks for nothing seller: 1D4US
on January 20, 2012
I ordered these cables expecting them all to be grey as the previous reviewers have said they were and as the title indicates. I was shocked to receive 20 colored cables, 2 each of 10 different colors. I actually wanted them to all be grey, but receiving colored cables wasn't really a problem for me. Interestingly, these came as a single bundle of all 20 cables with a piece of packing tape wrapped around the middle to hold them together. This is different from how others have described the packaging. The annoyance with this is that most of the cables are slightly sticky around the middle of the cord.

I have ordered a 2nd bundle, and these were identical to my first order - a variety of 20 colored cables. I have no way to carefully test each cable, but so far I'm using 4 of them and they all seem to work fine. The seller was "Super Deal" and fulfilled by Amazon. I'm pleased with the quality, just know that from the other reviews, it is hard to tell what product you'll actually receive!
review image
on December 2, 2010
Product arrived as expected. Hard to argue for or against a utility product that just works. Some notes on packaging:
Cables were individually secured with a single plasticized twist tie and then individually stored in a plastic bag. 10 Cables were placed in a larger bag. 2 larger bags were taped together to fulfill 20-unit order.
on January 1, 2011
I have a hotel and give these to our guests free of charge. My employees even use them sometimes for their laptops and never once had a complaint. All the cords were a gray color (I didn't care what color they were). They are all individually wrapped in little plastic bags. Totally recommend!
on January 4, 2012
Cables work great! Yeah the picture is not correct, but for the price who cares. Packaging of cables was excellent. Each on in a separate bag.
on September 13, 2013
This was a super bargin getting a 20 pack so cheap. Perfect little patch panel set if you're setting up a network with a router or switch.
on March 21, 2013
These are really cheap cables but that is expected from the price. It's just convenient to have this many cables