Truck Season Automotive HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on December 11, 2012
I purchased two of these things not as front lights but to use a side lights on my bicycle. I have two blinking headlights as well as wheel stem lights and rear red lights but cars still don't see the bike when they are turning into a street I am crossing or approaching from the right getting ready to come out of a street as I am passing by either in the road or sidewalk. I have one of these mounted on each side of the front of the bike and have noticed that vehicles now see the bright blinking white light much more readily than a headlight. I have no had one car pull out in front of me since I put these on the bike. I would highly recommend them a side lights as most accidents happen when cars are approaching and don't see you. I feel much safer with them. I also purchased the Nite Ize See 'EM LED Green lights for the spokes. You need four. One for each side of the front and back wheel. With this amount of blinking lights it is hard to miss a bicycle.
on October 11, 2012
Bought this as a replacement for my previous, more expensive, tail light that was stolen off my bike. This one works great so far, and is much brighter than I expected. In addition to the seat post clamp, it has a belt clip that is perfect for slipping it onto my shoulder bag or my backpack, which I prefer because I don't like to leave my lights on my bike anymore. Only reason for not giving it 5 stars is because the mount (the part that holds the light to the seat post clamp and/or the belt clip) on the back was a teeny tiny bit loose so I was concerned that the light might detach while riding. One layer of scotch tape in-between the belt clip and the mount filled the gap and now its nice and tight. I am not worried about it detaching at all now.
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon October 26, 2011
This must be the best white bicycle light for the money (and I have tried a few different ones including much more expensive ones). It is very easy to attach to the bike without any tools, and it also has an alternative attachment option for backpacks, clothing, etc. It is bright and has multiple flashing patterns so you can be seen at night or in low light situations. It is not bright enough in my opinion to light up a dark road or trail, but for urban situations it is good enough since you just want to be visible to drivers. Unlike many other lights, this one uses just two AAA batteries (included) instead of the odd three that seems to be more common. I have not yet tried it in rainy weather, so I cannot comment on waterproofness, but so far I am very happy with this light. The red version (tail light) is also awesome.

Highly recommended.
on October 13, 2012
I am picky about the lights I use on my bike, I've had some that were diappointing or were not of good quality. I use this light on my road bike (I don't really ride in full darkness), but I like its brightness, lightness, quality of construction, and three "on" modes. They are ON, Flashing and Strobe.

In general the light is lightweight and fits the seatpost of my Felt racer while still allowing me to retain the normal reflector. The geometry of the light is narrow, but a good width...a good combination if you want to retain both a normal Hi reflectivity reflector AND a light (which I do). Product flex mounts and size would allow it to also be mounted on the angled downtube of the rear tire.

Great bike and good accompanyment for my Cateye headlight.
on April 18, 2013
I ordered this for my new bike and it arrived quickly and on time.

The red cover pops off to reveal the compartment where two AAA batteries (supplied) go. Once you put the batteries in and snap the cover back on, you can click the side button to switch to three modes: solid lights, all the flashing, or random lights flashing. Holding this button for a couple of seconds will shut it off.

As I said, I just purchased it, so I cannot speak towards battery life or the sturdiness of the product. What I can say is that the lights are nice and bright, and definitely noticeable.

It was well worth the price, and was a much needed improvement over reflectors.
Top Contributor: Cyclingon December 11, 2014
Bought this and lost it after only a few rides. Not sure how, as It was installed very well. All I know, is I arrived home, went to turn it off, and it had magically disappeared from my road bike. Yeah, I was bummed. I have never lost one before. I have had them break, but never just disappear. Anyway, I am unsure if it was user error (me) or product error (Cateye). Had it not disappeared during my ride, I most likely would have given it a full five stars. It seems like a great blinky with the exception of the mount.
on March 3, 2012
I purchased 4 of these lights for several reasons. The first reason is to get more pieces to the treasure map for the mystical road to Amazon El Dorado Prime Status. Very little is known but legend has it this status gets you a precious metal welcome card. The truth is obfuscated and membership is clandestine. Even the amazing customer support team has been kept in the dark, they just play dumb when I ask about it. Only top executives know of this elite privilege. The second reason I bought this light is it comes with an easy on/off clip as well as a seat post mount. I use one on the bike and one on my backpack. The third reason in the multiple modes of flash. There's a fairly annoying flash that is sure to raise driver awareness. This light is high quality and fairly durable. If Francisco Orellana had one of these lights, I'm positive he would have found what he was looking for.
on November 27, 2009
The light itself is great. It comes with two different options for attaching it to your bike: (1) a loop to go around a post or (2) a belt-clip. The problem is how it attaches to the different attachment devices. It slides into a slot until it clicks. It seems really secure...until you go over a hard bump when going fast downhill. I heard it smash to the ground, and I expected that the belt-clip had slid off, but that part was still attached to my pannier. The light detached itself from the belt-clip. This is after about 2-3 weeks of use. It was in pieces all over the road. I was able to find all the parts and put it back together, but beware of this problem.
37 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on November 8, 2011
This tail light is well-designed, very light weight, and very easily to install. It has 3 bright LED's and 3 modes: random individual LED blinking; blinking of all LED's simultaneously; and constant-on. It uses 2 AAA batteries. It stays firmly mounted despite riding over rough pavement, and the mounting strap was really easy to install using the thumb knob that turns a "worm" type thread across the mounting strap. This strap is quite firm around the seat post without much stress to the mounting system.
To avert temptation by thieves, you can easily remove the unit by depressing a tab and sliding off the unit, when the bike is parked unattended. I give this tail light 5 stars.
6 people found this helpful
on March 12, 2012
I bought this as a replacement for another (cheap) tail light that stopped working after one of many rides in the rain.
I didn't want anything fancy: just something to keep me safe for my evening commute. No one has hit me yet.

I was pleasantly surprised at the battery life and the security of the attachment (at first I was wary). Plus it's made it through a number of rainstorms without issue. Operation is very simple: the easily located side button means I can reach back and turn it on and off if light conditions or road conditions change.

The strap to secure it on the bike was too short for affixing it my seat post-- but there are usually other options. Overall it's a good light for the price.

Shipping was (as usual through Amazon) prompt.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.