CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Includes 1 CatGenie 120 Unit, 1 Box Washable Granules, 1 SaniSolution Cartridge
- Eliminates cat litter from your life. Uses litter-like, Washable Granules that never need changing.
- Washes itself clean with Veterinarian-approved SaniSolution and water after every cat visit.
- Your cat will always find a box that is not only clump free, it’s waste, dust and odor free.
- Includes 2-Year Warranty. Customer Support Available 7 Days Per Week.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Acts Like a Cat Box. Cleans Like an Appliance. Flushes Like a Toilet.
With CatGenie, your cats have an automatic cat box that's more hygienic than your own bathroom. CatGenie not only flushes away waste, it also washes and hot-air dries itself clean after every use. All you do is tell CatGenie when to clean itself (choose between automatic or manual modes).
CatGenie requires NO LITTER, only cat-approved, septic-safe Washable Granules that never need changing. When kitty goes, liquids drain through the non-absorbing Washable Granules. CatGenie scoops and liquefies the solids for safe and easy disposal down the laundry drain or toilet then cleans and hot-air dries the Washable Granules, all for your cat's comfort.
CatGenie delivers a scooped, washed and hot-air dried cat box after every use.
More Than Self Scooping
- Litter Free
- Washes with SaniSolution and Water
- Hot-Air Dries Granules
- Automatically Scoops, Washes, Flushes, Dries after every use
- Easy DIY Installation
How It Works: The CatGenie Cleaning Cycle
When the cleaning starts, your CatGenie removes any solids for immediate disposal.
Using water and cat-safe, veterinarian-approved SaniSolution, your CatGenie washes, scrubs, scours and purifies the Washable Granules and cat area clean as new.
CatGenie liquifies solids and flushes all waste out of your home for good. No nasty clumps or dirty litter to clean out. No heavy bags or containers of contaminated litter to smell or carry.
CatGenie uses hot air to thoroughly dry granules at the end of each cycle, leaving them completely dry for the next use.
Installation is Simple.
Your CatGenie comes with everything you need for installation and no plumber is needed.
The best location for your CatGenie cat box is the Laundry/Utility Room or a Bathroom.
DIY installation takes less than 15 minutes for most users.
Your CatGenie Will Need:
- Fresh water from a cold water supply line that connects to a washing machine, sink or toilet.
- A laundry drain or toilet for cat waste removal.
- An electrical outlet.
Simple DIY Setup: No Plumber Needed
One-Time, Easy DIY Setup
Connect to a cold water line using the supplied T-Adaptor, share drainage with toilet or washing machine and plug into a 120-volt AC electric outlet.
In a bathroom setup, the drain hook secures under the toilet seat to allow waste to drain into the toilet. Cold water is shared with the toilet.
Laundry Room Option
In a laundry room set up, the GenieHose is inserted into the washing machine drain pipe and cold water line is shared with washing machine.
3 Cleaning Cycle Options
Choose from three options to start cleaning:
1. Press Start button to start cleaning anytime.
2. Use Time Activation mode to select times to automatically clean each day.
3. Use Cat Activation mode to automatically clean after each use.
CatGenie, The world's only self-washing cat box. You will never touch, change or buy cat litter again. The CatGenie Secret? Washable Granules, not litter. Collecting cat waste in a box of litter is unsanitary. Cleaning the mess out is unpleasant and carrying heavy cat litter in and of the home is just a waste. The CatGenie is dust, germ, odor, and litter free and automatically washes, sanitizes and dries itself. CatGenie has a Two-Year Warranty. Easy DIY set-up. Recommended setup locations: Bathroom (toilet) -If you have a rigid water line in your bathroom, you may need to replace it with a flexible one) or Utility/laundry room. When you purchase the CatGenie, everything needed to make your home litter free is included: The only tools needed are a wrench or a pair of pliers. Some non-standard hookups may require additional parts not provided by PetNovations, Inc. Included supplies should last 2-3 months for 1 cat and about 2 months for two cats. Several custom Cat Activation Choices- Cat 1 - 14 straight hours active, 10 hours sleep time (you choose when it is on) with a 10 minute delay after the cat uses it to clean Cat 2 - 14 straight hours active, 10 hours sleep time (you choose when it is on) with a 30 minute delay. For multiple cats giving them time to use it before it cleans Cat 3- 24-hours active, with a 10-minute delay after the cat uses it to clean Cat 4 – 24-hours active with a 30-minute delay. For multiple cats giving them time to use it before it cleans The CatGenie is the greenest cat box ever and quite possibly, the most economical. The plastic in the SaniSolution Cartridge is recyclable (unlike cat litter). Each cartridge holds 120 washes and when set on Cat Activation provide 240 washes (A year supply of Cartridges takes up less space and uses less plastic than one container/1 month's supply of cat litter).
Style: Cat Box
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using.
Compare with similar items
LitterMaid Multi-Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box
PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Automatic Self Cleaning Hooded Cat Litter Box – Includes Disposable Trays with Crystal Litter and Hood - 2 Colors
Omega Paw EL-RA20-1 Roll N Clean Self Separating Self Cleaning Litter Box
|Item Dimensions||24.50 x 19.25 x 21.00 inches||27.00 x 18.00 x 10.00 inches||27.50 x 19.00 x 16.00 inches||16.25 x 12.30 x 10.60 inches||18.50 x 21.50 x 20.00 inches|
|Item Weight||26.00 lbs||—||21.00 lbs||4.10 lbs||6.50 lbs|
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I previously had no idea this thing won't function at all unless it has a solution cartridge in. I had always changed out the solution when it was time, and never had a problem. Also I assumed it wasn't designed by the scum of mankind. There is no conceivable reason to force people to use solution for every single wash, other than evil business models. The unit functions just fine without solution, as discovered by the CartridgeGenie team.
To anyone considering this box, I actually can say I recommend it. Provided: Your cat is still young (older cats seem too jaded to try it), you order an arduino board at the same time, and you read "Resetting a SaniSolution Cartridge: 6 Steps" on instructables.
To anyone from CatGenie, just so you know, I was previously a loyal customer that bought your cartridges because it was convenient. Now that I know you're forcing me to use your landfill packing for no good reason other than for you to make more money, I'm going to tell everyone I know with a CatGenie to read this same instructable. Shame on you.
The CatGenie is like an infernal onion -- each new layer bringing forth its own unique new kind of hell. It starts out and certainly looks fun, but once you start using it, everything quickly goes down the drain, except when it doesn't go down the drain at all.
The product is honestly only good for certain types of cats that follow very strict poop etiquette. All the rest who enjoy pooping in the middle of the box, have less than ideal nuggets, love to trap tiny litter in their paws, and those that dig furiously will turn your life, your nose, and your house upside down and into sheer misery and terror with this device.
The product, despite its best intentions, has many flaws.
These are the main ones:
* Cat poop in the middle of the box will not be picked up by the Genie Hand. It will either break up, be mashed, or be left to bake.
* The drain system and the actual drain hose are entirely too small. They are only truly capable of handling kitten poop, but other dissatisfying features make the use of this device with kittens a truly bad decision. Think about your cat, especially those of you with big ones. Now look at the size of the fingernail on your pinkie. That's where ALL the cat badness has to go, plus the extra granules that stick to the poo, extra fur, and anything else your cat decides to eat.
* The plastic litter granules, while biodegradable, are far too small -- they will be tracked everywhere by your cat AND BY YOU, from the bathroom to the bedroom to the kitchen and beyond. You will have no idea if they are "sanitary" or not.
* Poop falls through the Genie Hand like nobody's business -- the bumping motion the hand tries to use to save granules that can't wait to clog the machine only works on super solid loafs and instead frequently plants the seeds of an upcoming bake.
* The poop grinder / macerating device can make a terrible brown watery mess if anything else gets in there and you will end up with a clog – and this includes anything besides kibble your cat decides to eat.
* The holes in the bottom of the basin are way too small and are only capable of removing urine. Any poop not removed by the Genie Hand (and this can a lot) including very small pieces the size of a fingernail or a sliver of a fingernail WILL NOT be removed but WILL be baked. They will NEVER be removed or dissolved as the machine simply does not do that. YOU will have to remove them yourself, which defeats the purpose of the machine.
* Once you smell a poo brownie bake, your life will never be the same. Only a demonic machine would inflict such horror on the human race.
* The machine uses cold water, (supposedly, hot water will damage it or screw up the sensor). Ever tried to run your DISHWASHER or do your LAUNDRY using only ice cold water? Unless it's practically clean to start with, you're going to have a bad time. Even your grandmother's grandmother knew that you need HOT WATER if you really want to get something truly clean and dissolve dirt, food, and anything else, like cat poo.
* Cat Activation mode has so many problems. This nice solution saving feature will be your quickest ticket to baked brownie hell which will awaken you in the middle of the night and keep you awake for some time while you curse silently to yourself.
* The "human interface" is beyond idiotic. This is the kind of interface that you will find on 1970s electronics and products designed far outside the USA. It is honestly unacceptable and ridiculous in 2015 for this type of system to even still exist – even in the year 2000!
* The solution and the granules are a scam. Everyone knows it and you do too. The solution runs out quickly, including on Cat Activation mode which although it saves 50% with each run, will make the system run every time your cat pees, poops, or simply steps in and out of the box. So instead of 1 or 2 manual runs a day, you may be left with as many as 4-6 cat activated runs. And the sleep mode for Cat Activation is ridiculous and ludicrous to set up. Your choices are: smell poo at night, smell poo during the day, run six times a day, or not use Cat Activation mode at all.
* The system has essentially a non-existent level of machine intelligence. It has no idea about anything going on other than if a cat is in the machine or if the water is present. It may run and attempt to dry with liquid poo still in the system and a full clog in progress! As it fails to include a liquid detector, it must clean for both pee and poop on every cycle, resulting in half hour plus cycles for a quick pee when a basic 10 minute rinse would have been sufficient.
*You must continue to buy both the solution and the granules and the cost of these will be more expensive than any other litter system out there, including the containers for a Little Maid or a plain old box, litter, and a scoop.
* Cycles are long, loud, and use a lot of water and power. More than you think. The unit will heat up your whole bathroom or laundry room during the drying phase.
* If you choose to hook up the drain hose to your bathroom toilet, be prepared for terrible sights after a cycle.
There are many more problems, but these are the main ones.
I ended up with a pool of brown poop and pee water that ended up all over my bathroom floor. The failed unit had to then go directly into the bathtub to be emptied out and washed before being returned the next day. The entire bathroom had to be bleached. The most unsanitary experience of my life!
Don't buy this. It seems like a good product and in theory its intentions are good, but if the manual gives you the impression that this was designed and built on a budget (as the manual was clearly printed on one) – you are in fact correct.
The entire system needs a major R&D overhaul to be effective for 95% of cats out there as opposed to the maybe 25% it may work well with as it is. Either your cat's behavior will be compatible with the rigid tolerances of this machine or it won't. Chances are it won't, even if your first few days go well.
The first time you find yourself having to watch the cycle to avoid a bake -- take my advice and return the machine. Don't wait for the next problem to occur – a clog is far worse than smelling an open cat sewer bakery for an hour.
I read advice like this before purchasing and I thought I would be different. I KNEW my cat would be fine with this machine. Don’t be like me. Don’t have false hope and hubris. Wait for a better product or stick with your Litter Maid or Litter Robot or your basic box and scoop and some good quality litter. You will sleep well at night and your cat will also thank you.
I decided to get the car genie as the second litter box. It's working out great!
2 cats are using it and 1 still uses the littermaid some times.
It's a great backup for when the car genie is cleaning it self.
It's so nice to only have to keep an eye on the cat genie and flush the toilet after a cleaning cycle. It works really good.
I have it set on cat activate. When some litter gets on the floor, I sweep it up so it doesn't get all around the house. Truth is, all litter tracks through the house.
I have not had the baked cat poop smell. The fresh scent was strong at first, now it's much better. On cat activate it uses half as much each cleaning cycle.
As good as the cat genie is, I still wouldn't set it and forget it. All litter boxes need attention, this one just needs much less then others.
The cat genie malfunctioned, turned into an easy bake oven and I got the baked cat poop. 🙀
Heres why it happened:
On Cat activate setting, complete both steps. If only 1 step is completed the Catgenie will go through the wash cycle in 22 minutes. It needs the full 37 mins each time to clean out the poo from the pump. After a few days the pump will start to fill with waste and begin to clog. Causing the baked cat poop smell during the dry cycle.
How to fix this:
Go to page 17 in the manual. Follow all the steps. Turned off Catgenie before Step G started pump. I revomoved the litter and added 16 cups of water to the bowl. Started step 3. Stopped 5 seconds after some sanisolution went in drain pump. Then let the Catgenie sit for 20 min's to desolve waste in pump.
Turned on Catgenie. Completed step G. Re-added the litter granules to the bowl and then Completed step H. All is good again! 😼🌠🐾