Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box" and save 11% off the $259.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box
|Price:||$239.97 & FREE Shipping|
- Automatic cat box flushes waste away and washes itself clean
- Uses litter-like Washable Granules not clay litter to satisfy cats need to dig and cover
- Ideal for 1-2 & no more than 3 cats of average size and 6 months or older
- Requires hookup to cold water and electrical outlet
- Includes recyclable SaniSolution cartridge and 1 Box of Washable Granules. CatGenie is 19.25inches wide in front, 16inches wide bottom back, 17.5inches top back, 21inches high, 24.5inches deep allowing for hoses. Water Supply Hose 8feet long, Drain Hose 10feet long
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Yes, It's a cat box. And It's litter free.
The CatGenie uses litter-like, permanent granules. Unlike strip-mined, disposable cat litters, CatGenie Washable Granules never need changing and are 100 Percent dust-free. Washable Granules are septic safe. No more litter polluting landfills.
- 100% dust-free
CatGenie Self-Washing, Self Flushing Cat Box
It acts like a cat box. cleans like an appliance and flushes like a toilet.
With the CatGenie, your cats have a bathroom that's more hygienic than your own. CatGenie not only flushes away waste it also washes itself clean. All you do is touch a button to program the cleaning to your schedule. You'll never touch, smell, breathe, buy or carry cat litter ever again.
- Ideal for 1-2 & no more than 3 cats average size and 6 months or older.
- Requires easy DIY hookup to cold water and electrical outlet.
- Includes: 1 Box of Washable Granules
- 1 SaniSolution Cartridge
- Easy Manuals and T-Adapters for Setup
How it works?
When the cleaning starts, your CatGenie removes and liquefies the solids for safe and easy disposal down the drain or toilet. Flushes all out of your home for good. No nasty clumps or dirty litter to mess with. No heavy bags or containers of contaminated litter to smell or carry.
Using water and cat-safe, veterinarian-approved SaniSolution, your CatGenie washes, scrubs, scours and purifies the Washable Granules and cat area clean as new.
Dryer heats and dries granules, leaving them warm and ready for the next use.
One time, easy DIY setup
Connect to a cold water line using the supplied T-Adaptor and plug into a 120-volt ac electric outlet sharing the cold water line for the toilet or washing machine.
In a bathroom setup, the drain hook secures under the toilet seat to allow waste to drain into the toilet.
In a laundry room set up the GenieHose is inserted into the washing machine drain pipe.
Three options to start cleaning.
1. Preset it to run automatically up to 4 times daily.
2. Press the start button whenever you wish.
3. Set on cat activation.
CatGenie, The world's only self-washing cat box. You will never touch, change or buy cat litter again. The CatGenie Secret? Washable Granules, not litter. Collecting cat waste in a box of litter is unsanitary. Cleaning the mess out is unpleasant and carrying heavy cat litter in and of the home is just a waste. The CatGenie is dust, germ, odor, and litter free and automatically washes, sanitizes and dries itself. CatGenie has a Two-Year Warranty. Easy DIY set-up. Recommended setup locations: Bathroom (toilet) -If you have a rigid water line in your bathroom, you may need to replace it with a flexible one) or Utility/laundry room. When you purchase the CatGenie, everything needed to make your home litter free is included: The only tools needed are a wrench or a pair of pliers. Some non-standard hookups may require additional parts not provided by PetNovations, Inc. Included supplies should last 2-3 months for 1 cat and about 2 months for two cats. Several custom Cat Activation Choices- Cat 1 - 14 straight hours active, 10 hours sleep time (you choose when it is on) with a 10 minute delay after the cat uses it to clean Cat 2 - 14 straight hours active, 10 hours sleep time (you choose when it is on) with a 30 minute delay. For multiple cats giving them time to use it before it cleans Cat 3- 24-hours active, with a 10-minute delay after the cat uses it to clean Cat 4 – 24-hours active with a 30-minute delay. For multiple cats giving them time to use it before it cleans The CatGenie is the greenest cat box ever and quite possibly, the most economical. The plastic in the SaniSolution Cartridge is recyclable (unlike cat litter). Each cartridge holds 120 washes and when set on Cat Activation provide 240 washes (A year supply of Cartridges takes up less space and uses less plastic than one container/1 month's supply of cat litter).
Style: Cat Box
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The CatGenie is like an infernal onion -- each new layer bringing forth its own unique new kind of hell. It starts out and certainly looks fun, but once you start using it, everything quickly goes down the drain, except when it doesn't go down the drain at all.
The product is honestly only good for certain types of cats that follow very strict poop etiquette. All the rest who enjoy pooping in the middle of the box, have less than ideal nuggets, love to trap tiny litter in their paws, and those that dig furiously will turn your life, your nose, and your house upside down and into sheer misery and terror with this device.
The product, despite its best intentions, has many flaws.
These are the main ones:
* Cat poop in the middle of the box will not be picked up by the Genie Hand. It will either break up, be mashed, or be left to bake.
* The drain system and the actual drain hose are entirely too small. They are only truly capable of handling kitten poop, but other dissatisfying features make the use of this device with kittens a truly bad decision. Think about your cat, especially those of you with big ones. Now look at the size of the fingernail on your pinkie. That's where ALL the cat badness has to go, plus the extra granules that stick to the poo, extra fur, and anything else your cat decides to eat.
* The plastic litter granules, while biodegradable, are far too small -- they will be tracked everywhere by your cat AND BY YOU, from the bathroom to the bedroom to the kitchen and beyond. You will have no idea if they are "sanitary" or not.
* Poop falls through the Genie Hand like nobody's business -- the bumping motion the hand tries to use to save granules that can't wait to clog the machine only works on super solid loafs and instead frequently plants the seeds of an upcoming bake.
* The poop grinder / macerating device can make a terrible brown watery mess if anything else gets in there and you will end up with a clog – and this includes anything besides kibble your cat decides to eat.
* The holes in the bottom of the basin are way too small and are only capable of removing urine. Any poop not removed by the Genie Hand (and this can a lot) including very small pieces the size of a fingernail or a sliver of a fingernail WILL NOT be removed but WILL be baked. They will NEVER be removed or dissolved as the machine simply does not do that. YOU will have to remove them yourself, which defeats the purpose of the machine.
* Once you smell a poo brownie bake, your life will never be the same. Only a demonic machine would inflict such horror on the human race.
* The machine uses cold water, (supposedly, hot water will damage it or screw up the sensor). Ever tried to run your DISHWASHER or do your LAUNDRY using only ice cold water? Unless it's practically clean to start with, you're going to have a bad time. Even your grandmother's grandmother knew that you need HOT WATER if you really want to get something truly clean and dissolve dirt, food, and anything else, like cat poo.
* Cat Activation mode has so many problems. This nice solution saving feature will be your quickest ticket to baked brownie hell which will awaken you in the middle of the night and keep you awake for some time while you curse silently to yourself.
* The "human interface" is beyond idiotic. This is the kind of interface that you will find on 1970s electronics and products designed far outside the USA. It is honestly unacceptable and ridiculous in 2015 for this type of system to even still exist – even in the year 2000!
* The solution and the granules are a scam. Everyone knows it and you do too. The solution runs out quickly, including on Cat Activation mode which although it saves 50% with each run, will make the system run every time your cat pees, poops, or simply steps in and out of the box. So instead of 1 or 2 manual runs a day, you may be left with as many as 4-6 cat activated runs. And the sleep mode for Cat Activation is ridiculous and ludicrous to set up. Your choices are: smell poo at night, smell poo during the day, run six times a day, or not use Cat Activation mode at all.
* The system has essentially a non-existent level of machine intelligence. It has no idea about anything going on other than if a cat is in the machine or if the water is present. It may run and attempt to dry with liquid poo still in the system and a full clog in progress! As it fails to include a liquid detector, it must clean for both pee and poop on every cycle, resulting in half hour plus cycles for a quick pee when a basic 10 minute rinse would have been sufficient.
*You must continue to buy both the solution and the granules and the cost of these will be more expensive than any other litter system out there, including the containers for a Little Maid or a plain old box, litter, and a scoop.
* Cycles are long, loud, and use a lot of water and power. More than you think. The unit will heat up your whole bathroom or laundry room during the drying phase.
* If you choose to hook up the drain hose to your bathroom toilet, be prepared for terrible sights after a cycle.
There are many more problems, but these are the main ones.
I ended up with a pool of brown poop and pee water that ended up all over my bathroom floor. The failed unit had to then go directly into the bathtub to be emptied out and washed before being returned the next day. The entire bathroom had to be bleached. The most unsanitary experience of my life!
Don't buy this. It seems like a good product and in theory its intentions are good, but if the manual gives you the impression that this was designed and built on a budget (as the manual was clearly printed on one) – you are in fact correct.
The entire system needs a major R&D overhaul to be effective for 95% of cats out there as opposed to the maybe 25% it may work well with as it is. Either your cat's behavior will be compatible with the rigid tolerances of this machine or it won't. Chances are it won't, even if your first few days go well.
The first time you find yourself having to watch the cycle to avoid a bake -- take my advice and return the machine. Don't wait for the next problem to occur – a clog is far worse than smelling an open cat sewer bakery for an hour.
I read advice like this before purchasing and I thought I would be different. I KNEW my cat would be fine with this machine. Don’t be like me. Don’t have false hope and hubris. Wait for a better product or stick with your Litter Maid or Litter Robot or your basic box and scoop and some good quality litter. You will sleep well at night and your cat will also thank you.
The pros of this box are that you never have to manually scoop out the kitty poo and that the litter is reusable....
Now here are the cons:
1. Although the litter is re-usable, the cleaning cycle actually pulls a lot of the litter into the grinder and then flushes it either through your laundry drain or into your toilet depending on which you have it hooked up to. If you hook it up to the toilet you'll see your waisting about 1/4 to 1/8 cup of litter with each cycle. Just flushing it down the toilet, quite literally. In addition to being wasteful, these are plastic pellets that are now going through your pipes. Who knows what kind of damage that does.
2. Another litter con... because the litter is plastic it doesn't do anything against the smell. Both clay litter and crystals dry out the poop and absorb a lot of the smell. These pellets do not.
3. SMELLIEST LITTER BOX I HAVE EVER OWNED (for three reasons).
1)The litter doesn't absorb any smell as mentioned before.
2) If you have it hooked up to your toilet, the automatic cleaning cycle is pointless unless you remember to immediately flush the toilet after each cycle (it does not flush your toilet for you. you have to do this yourself). So if you forget, or you're not home... well guess what? You get to have cat poop in your toilet building bacteria and spreading odors like crazy.
3)Yes, it's nice to have a clean litter box, but how about the air you breath in your house? When the box scoops the litter out, it throws it into the grinder where it grinds to mush causing the odor to be released into the air and spread like wildfire throughout the entire house. I have a 4000 square foot home, and somehow this box manages to stink up the entire house, especially the bathroom that it's in. Unfortunately no one wants to use this bathroom because it smells so bad. It's quite embarrassing.
4. Sooooo difficult to keep clean. This is a self-cleaning litter box right? So it's supposed to be clean... wrong. The bowl itself might be clean after a cycle, but there are design flaws that cause litter to get stuck in a lot of crevices and fall into spaces that cannot be emptied unless you take the entire box apart. Once you do you'll realize the inside of the box is really grimy and unsanitary. Next you'll spend a half an hour cleaning it and wondering why you bought this thing in the first place. And to top it off, it's extremely hard to fit back together. I can't get the main frames to fit into postition. This thing is useless.
5. Each cleaning cycle is 30-40 minutes long.... which means every time your cat leaves the box, it will go through this lengthy cycle during which your cat cannot re-enter if they decide they have more business to do (or if you have multiple cats and the other one has to go). The company claims that the cleaning cycle will pause if your cat enters the box, but trust me... your cat won't go anywhere near this box while it's running. It's extremely loud and scary for them.
6. The company claims that you can get up to 240 washes out of the cleaning solution when your cat box is set to automatic. Well this is great and may very well be true... but if your cat likes warm places like sitting in the sun or a window, your cat will probably like to take naps in this box. Reason being, the cleaning cycle finishes by blow drying the pellets. So your cat may think this is a nice toasty bed to lay in, in which case your box will be running non stop and every time it finishes your cat will get back in. Waste of water, waste of energy, waste of cleaning solution, waste of litter, waste of money...
So to summarize, I do not recommend this box. Stay clear!!!!! Don't waste your money or your time!
Most recent customer reviews
1: The litter is expensive and takes AT LEAST a week to arrive.Read more