Catan 5th Edition
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3-4 Players, 60 minute playing time
- Tons of replay value
- New graphics, board and cards
- Expanded Rule Book
- Winner of “Game of the Century” award
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Your adventurous settlers seek to tame the remote but rich isle of Catan. Start by revealing Catan’s many harbors and regions: pastures, fields, mountains, hills, forests, and desert. The random mix creates a different board virtually every game.
● No two games are the same!
● Embark on a quest to settle the isle of Catan!
Guide your settlers to victory by clever trading and cunning development. Use resource combinations— grain, wool, ore, brick, and lumber—to buy handy development cards and build roads, settlements, and cities. Acquire your resources through trades, cards, or lucky dice (even outside your turn).
But beware! Someone might cut off your road or buy a monopoly. And you never know when the wily robber might steal some of your precious gains!
Catan (aka The Settlers of Catan) has been awarded with “Game of the Year,” “Hall of Fame,” and even “Game of the Century” honors in Germany, the United States, and a host of other countries worldwide. An international favorite, it’s been called the “Perfect Social Game.”
- Ages: 10+
- Players: 3-4
- Playing Time: 60 minutes
- Designer: Klaus Teuber
- Art: Volkan Baga & Harald Lieske & Stephen Graham Walsh
- Made in: U.S.A.
- 19 Hexagonal Region Tiles
- 6 Sea Frame Pieces
- 9 Extra harbor Pieces
- 20 Wooden Settlement Pieces
- 16 Wooden City Pieces
- 16 Wooden Road Pieces
- 95 Resources Cards
- 25 Development Cards
- 4 Building Cost Cards
- 2 Special Bonus Cards
- 18 Number Tokens
- 2 Dice
- 1 Wooden Robber Pawn
- 1 Rulebook & Almanac
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Are Batteries Required||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Item Dimensions||9.5 x 11.62 x 3 in||6.38 x 8.5 x 1.88 in||6.3 x 2.8 x 9 in||8.6 x 12 x 1.7 in||7.5 x 2.63 x 10.75 in||9.5 x 11.62 x 3 in|
|Item Weight||2 lbs||1.12 lbs||1.25 lbs||2.3 lbs||1.54 lbs||2.15 lbs|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Your spouse will become a tricky, sneaky person you hardly recognize. While you will plot ways to take over.
Side effects include: less tv watching, more under the table kicking, spontaneous manical laughter, snacking while plotting the demise of your friends and family. Best fun you've had in hours!
I purchased two copies. One from Amazon and one from a third party. The copy from a third party was seven dollars cheaper. That's because it's a pirated and thoroughly illegal copy.
And man what a copy it is. Almost perfect. But look at the photographs attached (pirate copy on the right) and you will see misspellings all over the back of the box like 'strart by revealing Catan's' and 'No two games ard the same.' The colors are slightly different. The pirated copy contained twice as many orange road pieces as it was supposed to and was missing a white road. Additionally, the pieces were rough.
Outside of that the pirated copy contained stickers, promotional material, the works! Very deceptive.
1) The pieces all have tags from where the pieces were cut apart which wasn’t the way my other games from retailers didn’t have.
2) artwork is completely different which is not terrible but the artwork on the other games I’ve bought was nicer than this artwork.
3) the colorations of the pieces are different and it’s apparent where the blue pieces meet around the border.
4) the pieces don’t even fit together very well at all. I had to work on pieces to get them to fit but even still after working the pieces together the board doesn’t lay flat so pieces in the middle move around which is frustrating.
5) the players “building costs” cards are color matches to the pieces but I received red, white, blue & YELLOW pieces while my building cost cards are red, white, blue & ORANGE.
6) one of the white roads is shorter than the rest
I’m pretty disappointed because I can’t return now since we didn’t open it right away and I really like this game normally but now it just looks like a cheap imitation