Industrial Deals HPC Amazon First Reads Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Catch-22: 50th Anniversary Edition
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 19, 2017
Go read this now. One of the saddest yet funniest and (I hate to use the cliche) most provocative books ever.
on December 8, 2017
Have read this book 3 times though the last time was in the early '80's. Saw the movie once. Book is better. Really like the book, it's characters, it's plot. Great book.
on November 9, 2017
This book was disturbing for me. The picture it painted of leaders in charge was not one that made me feel good. I am going to rent the movie though.
on November 9, 2017
A fascinating and, at times, humorous book that, 50 years after it's writing, often caused me to realize comparisons to today's political dilemmas
on January 16, 2018
I wont spend long singing the praises this book deserves. Its political wit is incisive and relevant to this day. Both one of the most insightful and funniest books I've ever had the privilege to read.
on February 10, 2017
I bought this as a gift for my son and he really enjoyed he book. When I saw that there was a sequel, I purchased that for him as well.
on February 11, 2017
Great book. Hilarious.
on August 9, 2014
As crazy as this book reads today, I can only imagine how provocative it was when it arrived in the 1960s. Somehow, I managed not to read it then and decided to go back and see if the book stood up to its past praise. In some ways, it's not outdated at all -- in fact, its view of the insanity of war was ahead of its time then and current with the times today. That being said, the book is SO out there that at times I just forced myself ahead, whether I understood it or not. I'd say it's a book that everyone should read, not sure I would call it the perfect book.
on December 29, 2015
A classic! Describing the mood in one word is not an easy task - I've chosen "dark" given the context of the book, but it's definitely going to make you laugh, question, and ponder in belief and disbelief throughout.
on June 8, 2016
I purchased and read Catch-22 for summer reading for my AP English lit class for the 2015 fall semester. I found the book a bit boring at first, but I later found it pretty funny and enjoyable. Some parts were a little off-putting, but overall I actually ended up enjoying this book. It was long, but if you divide the chapters into chunks, it's more readable. Although sometimes I would be enthralled with the book and ended up reading more than I planned.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse