Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

on June 20, 2017
I really loved everything about the Dowser/Oracle series and now the new series Reconstructionist. I've always been intrigued by Kett and now this arrangement between he and Wisteria. I'm developing a vision of where this series is going and it will be interesting to see if it transpires that way. Part of me hopes I'm right and yet another part of me wants to be surprised. We'll see!!!
on May 20, 2017
Meghan keeps expanding her world of characters much to my happiness. We met Whisteria in previous Dowser books but did not learn much about her. This one lets us into her mind and also teaches us more about the witches and how they work in Meghan' s books. I loved it and loved seeing a different view of Kett as well. So good.
How does someone become detail originated enough to hone their magical skills to become a reconstructions? Mystery begins begins to unravel.
on May 13, 2017
Loved this book, pre ordered the next one. Keep them coming!
on May 12, 2017
Catching Echoes (Reconstructionist Book 1) Kindle Edition
by Meghan Ciana Doidge

I received a copy via NetGalley for review purposes
Doidge's talent of creating not only a new type of CSI, but a new kind of magic is FANTASTIC. Her lead, Wisteria Fairchild, is a multi-layered, complex and Complete Female Character with wit as well as the magic of reconstruction. I love the spine of steel or maybe adamantium that the character has, and the ever present and gently laid breadcrumbs that are given to her tragic past.

Reconstruction is the magical form of crime scene reconstruction. Absolutely, fascinating!

There is one tiny, teensy flaw that appears in this book and many Canadian writer's novels. As someone who lives in the middle part of the Pacific Northwest, Oregon specifically, referencing Vancouver – either B.C. or WA without the modifier is confusing because, frankly, the two are close together in terms of the whole Pacific NW. Ms. Doidge goes almost a whole chapter without clarifying it. However, if you have never been to our beautiful corner of the world, Ms. Doidge has an amazing encyclopedic knowledge of the foodie situation as well as our gorgeous country.

Her characters are well done, and she establishing an interesting world without a massive data-dump at the beginning. I can't wait to visit again soon.

on May 8, 2017
Amazing work again by Meghan! I love how all of her books seem to mesh into each other. Excited to continue on this part of the journey with Kett, Jasmine and Wisteria.
on April 2, 2017
I love all the series by this author and they all contain characters in common. This book did not disappoint, you not only get new characters and stories but you get a glimpse into some of the other characters from the other series that are much loved. Great writing, awesome storyline.... I just wish the author was able to write them as quickly as I read them.
on March 30, 2017
Another excellent read by MCD. Her books are always well written, consistent within the world she writes and lots of fun. Highly entertaining and recommended​!
on February 23, 2017
Fair warning before you read this book. There are actually 2 other series (Dowser and Oracle) making this the first book in the 3rd spin off. If you haven’t read those, at this point the books stop working very well as stand-alones and there’s too much you will either not understand or will be ruined for you by spoilers.

However Ms. Doidge did weave a suitable amount of back story in this novel to provide a good understanding of the characters and their roles in the Adept world. Thankfully the author is an incredibly speedy writer and does not force her fans to wait very long between books since Catching Echoes grabs you, taking you along for one heck of a ride then leaving you begging for your next fix.

Her conclusion comes up fast and quick ending on a climax that will make you see red because you want more but there isn’t any yet and you’ll feel surprised as if you never saw it coming but Doidge did subtly leave clues sprinkled about if you knew where to look. She proves her excellent writing talent once again in these well-developed characters as each book opens another facet of their personalities. Her worlds are richly detailed in vibrant landscapes and colors pulling you in like a virtual reality escape.

Although Echoes does have a ‘bit’ of a feeling as if it was written just to buy her some time it’s only because you need some set-up before she gets to the meat of her latest saga.
on February 8, 2017
I've loved all the Dowser and Oracle novels. Now there's a new series to enjoy. I especially like the protagonists Wisteria Fairchild, a supporting player in the earlier books and Kettil, arguably the most enigmatic and fascinating of Jade's BFFs. I can't wait for the next reconstructionist installment.