Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 282 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 304 reviews
on August 25, 2014
I have had these boots for over a year now. I work in the landscape and hardscape Industry installing paver patios. The concrete pavers, concrete dust and limestone dust are not easy on boots but these boots have really held up. I'm just now needing a new pair baca use the back plastic part ripped open. But I am really pleased i have never had a pair of
Boots last as long as these have. They are really comfortable, also to prolong the life a
Little bit I add kg's boot gaurd on the toe and seems. It makes them last so much longer! Again these boots are GREAT!!! Highly recommend!!

UPDATE! Finally had to buy new boots they were the longest lasting boots I have ever used. The soles still had plenty of life left, I had to get new ones because the backs blew out. But I am not complaining at all. 2 years on pavers and limestone gravel these boots did fantastic!
review image review image
I work in IT for a manufacturing company, and I travel all around the country and sometimes the world visiting manufacturing facilities. I go through a lot of safety boots, and these are by far the most bad-*ss, best made, best looking, most versatile and functional boots I've ever owned. I have owned this brand in the past and happened to find these on a deal.

The build quality is near perfect. The comfort level is high, they wear well all day, and after a day or two of wearing the sole feels comfortable. They were a tiny bit stiff at first.

They are a bit heavier than other options, though more durable and better constructed, but keep that detail in mind when making your decision. If you aren't used to some weight or don't wear safety boots all the time, you might want to go for something more light weight. You'll notice the weight when you put them on if you're not accustomed to it.

Otherwise, if things change I will update this review. Completely pleased with this purchase.
on September 29, 2011
Can't believe these 3 and 4 star reviews. I've been through every type of boot imaginable. These are at the top. I don't work in a wharehouse, I don't work on a road crew. I work in Alaska where the turrain is more rugged than any other spot in the world . I've hiked up and down mountains with these babies. I totally trust these boots to keep water out, feet warm. The steel toes are tough. They look great. Only get compliments on them. I've loosened more dirt and rocks with these boots by kicking than I have with shovels. And I'm a human backo with a shovel. They are also very easy to get on and off. If you order the correct size then you'll love them. They were true to size as well. wish I could give it more stars.
33 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2015
And that is a major compliment.
My husband is an auto mechanic and he needs a strong, durable steel toed boot. Every Friday the mechanics clean the shop floor, which creates a very wet and oily environment for them to walk in, and he's had some boots that slipped and slid all over. Obviously these do not.
Caterpillar is a very well known name in sturdy work boots, so I really had no worries when I bought these, and he loves them. As you would expect, these are very well made, and well worth paying a little more than you would at a discount store for an off brand. In work boots, you often get what you pay for; something I have learned after 20+ year of buying boots for a mechanic.
Just a note, my husband wears a size 7, which is very often hard to find in stores. Finding a 7 in these was a breeze. so much easier than digging through a shoestore and not finding what you need.
As long as these hold up as expected, we'll be getting these again next time he needs new boots.
on March 28, 2014
This is the best Cat boot I've ever purchased, and I've waited 60 days of putting my boots through Hell to give you the best review I can. Here's what I found:

Pros:
-These boots are heavy duty, durable, and comfortable after only 3 days of breaking in.
- I've walked through 3 inches of water, and though my pants got wet, my socks were dry
- I've walked through tons of sand, and not a grain got in my boots.
- I've walked through sheets of ice, and my feet stayed warm
- I've walked through deep mud easily, and it cleaned off easily
- I've walked through slippery floors with ease
- I've used it as a tool to level my own backyard.
- These boots literally slip off when I undo the knot, but stay on sturdy through my whole day
- These boots clean up very easily. Simply spray them down, give them a little scrub on the bottom, maybe buff it with a little olive oil to give it a nice shine, and it looks almost new.
- The wear and tear has been nice. After 60 days, I'm only starting to see the leather on the toe of the boot start to degrade. The heavy duty laces are in perfect condition.
- On a light work day, I forget that I'm wearing my boots when I get home because they're very comfortable.

Cons:
- These boots are not OSHA approved. OSHA requires a 90 degree angle on the heel, and these are about 110. I had to file the heel down to meet OSHA standards. Unless you're willing to do this, don't expect to be confident you won't be fined or fired. The angle makes it easier locking on to the rungs of a ladder, however.
- These boots are uncomfortable on a ladder and wood/steel beams. I use a 28ft extension ladder and it starts to burn after only a few minutes. It has a steel shank, but I believe Cat uses a flex shank in all their boots. It makes the shank flexible, but uncomfortable on the rungs of a ladder. Don't buy these boots if you intend to be on a ladder for your work, or you work on wood beams in the attic or steel beams in commercial buildings. Cable & phone installers should weigh the pros and cons before purchasing.

Overall, these are top quality work boots, and if it weren't for the uncomfortable shank, I'd buy them again.
on May 4, 2016
I wanted to wait a few months to write my review. I've had these for close to a year now. I am very pleased. They were waterproof for probably 2-3 months, then they started letting just enough water through to get my feet damp, not wet. Both boots, right by the baby toe. Keep in minds I'm in environments so we that I have to change clothes halfway through my shift sometimes. The tread has little to no wear on it yet. I work on concrete garage floors and construction job sites all day. I just broke a boot lace last week. I always have a spare set on hand cuz they usually snap around 5-6 months with me. These made it almost a year. Over all I'm quite happy with the purchase, and I'd definitely recommend them. Very comfortable too. Like ANY boot, they bleed to be broken in before they're comfortable. Break-in took probably three weeks. No biggie.
on June 20, 2016
Great boots so far. I had a problem with them at first where the tongue would get twisted awkwardly and pinch my feet. It was a slight annoyance i overlooked and forgot about at first, but half the day later my foot was hurting noticeably. I took off the boot and re-laced it several times until i found the right angle to hold the tongue while i tied them, and from then on I am just very careful of properly adjusting the tongue first. I am a fan of wearing boots, but have always had boots that had a soft tongue before now, so this was a new experience for me. This is not a downside to the product, just a warning to those who are also inexperienced to make sure the tongue is properly adjusted when tying the laces. They are incredibly comfortable and feel like a perfect fit once everything is adjusted properly.
on August 21, 2014
-extremely comfortable
-real steel shank very comfortable on ladders
-water proof have walked thru a creek
-untie slip on ...slip off
-great construction
-my hips are now painless
-after 26 yrs in the outside telecommunication work ....these are the best Work boots I have worn
Today March 5, 2016... They have been sent to the cobbler for new Vibram soles. Worked a lot of hours in all kinds of terrain , these boots were not babied. The water proof leather wore out after a year--all water proof leathers boots lose their water repellant ability in about 6 months (true water proof requires a Gore-Tex membrane or similar membrane). The laces lasted, the uppers and inside are in such good step hence the reason to re-sole. The steel shank is still comfortable on ladders/telephone poles. Great boot.... Looking forward to many more steps
on March 28, 2015
These do look a little bit showy, almost sneakery, but these are solid work boots. From the first minute I put them on, they were comfortable -- I can wear them an entire shift with no problems. Can't swear to the waterproofing yet, but the tongue of the boot is attached at the sides, so they could probably withstand 3-4 inches of water. Sole traction great, steel toe impeccable. I hope to update this review when I get more data about durability.
on November 10, 2016
Love these boots and will buy again when they need replacing. Took a week to break them in properly, now I wear them every weekday at work for 12 hours a day and they don't hurt my feet. I work in a factory but we also have a large dirt yard that will get lots of puddles, I walk right threw them and have dry feet all day. I also wear them on the weekends when I am working around the house and farm. I do use a custom arch support and gel insoles which I wear with all my work boots so I don't really want to comment on the arch support of these.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.