Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 29, 2016
This is my 3rd pair of these Argon from Caterpillar. I can expect 12 months of wear until I need a new pair. I decided to go with the EE width this time instead of D. Immediate Comfort! Previous pairs began stressing at the widest point of my foot, hence the wider size this time. Although it's only been a couple of weeks, I feel the wider size will make a difference in how long they hold up. I did need to add arch support with previous pairs and I imagine these will be no different. As a professional painter I'm on my feet all day taking (according to FIT) approximately 14k-17k steps a day. So far, no foot fatigue and I'm not yet needing to experience that huge "Ahhhh" when removing my footwear at the end of the day. I tried a different type of Caterpillar workboot and I couldn't wait to get those things off my feet at days end. A recent customer thought it was cute when she caught me outside on her driveway, barefoot, prepping her kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts ready for refinishing. The warm concrete did feel good, but it was the shoes that just had to go...wish I could perform every project barefoot! Until then, Argon's are the way to go for me.
Ron
Diedrich Painting - Highland, Mich
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on July 19, 2017
First impression is they are pretty good work shoes. But I work on cars for a living. Which means oily floors. Add any water to that,and it's like you are on ice. You are probably thinking well of course it makes it slick. But I think they might be the worst I have seen as far as that goes. It's so bad i might have to get another pair of the shoes i had before these.
on October 26, 2017
I am on my third pair of these shoes. They are Caterpillar brand, though I think they are made by Wolverine. I've owned both black and brown color.

These shoes are very comfortable and provide considerably more foot support than sneakers or "athletic" shoes. They work better for me and have lasted longer than my New Balance shoes.
on November 11, 2017
I love this shoe. I have been wearing this brand for 5 years everyday for work. I ordered two pairs in 2015 and just opened the box of the second pair today 11-11-17. One was the right size at 10.5 m and the other at 13. I guess we better check when we receive order. If anyone got my 10.5m please let me know.
on June 29, 2015
These shoes are very poor workmanship. The eyelets were coming out within 2 months. They are advertised as being slip resistant but from the beginning when walking in slippery conditions at work I felt as though I was walking in normal shoes. Now after wearing them another month or so the "Slip resistant" tread pattern has almost completely warn off. I get an allowance once a year to purchase work shoes and my last pair (Sketchers) lasted about 3 years. This pair did not last 3 months and I had to go out and buy another pair (Sketchers) out of my own pocket.

If slip resistant performance matters to you... Do not buy these shoes.
3 helpful votes
on May 3, 2016
Look great, really comfortable. But hit or miss on durability. It depends on what youre doing in them. I got a pair of these through work about 4 or 5 years ago. I worked in a paper mill. I put about 5 miles a night on these 5 days a week for 2 years. They barely even lost any tread. They are comfortable enough to play basketball in. One of the best pairs of shoes I ever owned. Eventually I wore the inside rear heel wall out. So, a year ago I bought another pair. Now I work in a dry ice factory. Still really light, comfy with durable soles, but as other people's reviews said, these were weak at the outside corner where you toes bends. Where the toe cap meets the sole opened just enough to let water in. So now, whenever there's water on the floor, my socks are wet pretty much right away. Sucks, because I would love to buy another pair. But I don't think I'm going to.
on September 1, 2016
This is my 2nd pair in the last 18 months and I saved about $40.00 over the local merchant in town thru Amazon. I work on aircraft and these shoes grip the aircraft really well while working up on top. The rubber is really soft and wears out faster but it is worth the trade off with the extra traction on top the aircraft. The stock inserts get removed and my prescription inserts go in giving me all day comfort. I wish they were made in USA instead of China. That is why I marked them down a star.
on September 29, 2017
This brown style for some reason is too tight in places and after several months wearing them did not help. I bought the same style and size in black last year, locally and they fit good and still do. The black and brown have different materials.
on June 27, 2017
These aren't the most comfortable shoes I've worn, but it is the better looking of a choice I needed to make. I removed the soles that came with the shoe and placed a memory foam sole which makes them extremely comfy to deal with.
on February 28, 2014
Used for work purposes, I bought a previous pair in the brown and black style with the composite toe. These held up to daily use fairly well, lasting a year before starting to fall apart some. I ordered the all-black style as a replacement, expecting the same length of use and abuse for the shoe. However, upon opening the shoe box and preparing to put on the first shoe, I noticed that one of the eyelets that holds the shoe lace had already come apart. The plastic inside portion of the eyelets was dangling loose on the shoelace, and I hadn't even removed the tissue inserts of the shoes yet. Incredibly disappointing, and had me question the quality control of CAT. However, I used the Amazon.com exchange system for another pair to see if the issue reappeared or not. Thankfully it did not. Overall I've been pleased this style of work shoe. The traction and non-skid has worked out well, and the composite toe has helped out numerous times. I would recommend replacement insoles though; the standard insole is a bit hard and can make one's feet sore after a period of time.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.