|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$118.00 - $160.00 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
- Rubber sole
- Insulated;Waterproof;Slip Resistant
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
These 89987 Caterpillar Men's Generator Safety Boots in Black are what you've been Waiting for. Waterproof, Steel Toe and Guaranteed all Day Comfort. The Generator Steel Toe will feel as good on your feet at the end of a Long Shift as they do when you first put them on. Hard at work, Easy on you.8" Waterproof Full Grain Leather Nylon Mesh Lining Removable EVA Sock Liner PU Mold Midsole Steel Shank Flexion Engineered Construction Rubber Outsole Steel Toe Rated ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75 Electrical Hazard 89987 Caterpillar Men's Generator Safety Boots - Black
Designed to weather the elements in style, Cat Footwear's men's waterproof boots combine durability with comfort and style features that work hard on or off the job site. All boots in this collection feature breathable lining, steel shanks, and nonslip outsoles that go the distance. Some styles offer the extra strength of a steel toe, while others have a comfortable soft toe. Whichever waterproof style you choose, you'll enjoy all-day dryness, comfort, and support.
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B003EYVUDA
- Item model number: Generator WP
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 4, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
(1) ALL OTHER SHOES LEAVE OUR FEET SUPER ACHEY---almost too painful to walk the next day LIKE WE'RE WALKING ON NAILS...
(2) These Flexion Generator 8s are amazing !!!
(3) 8 hours to break in
(4) like 6-inch springs are under your feet all 14-hours of the shift
(5) feet feel just as good at end of shift as beginning of shift
(6) 100 degree Fahrenheit temperature for first 4 hours of 12 hours on the delivery route I THOUGHT THEY'D GET TOO HOT---BUT THEY DIDN'T perhaps the frequent entry into Compartment 1 at -6 to 0 deg F to pull the pastry and Compartment 2 @ 34 deg F to pull the milk, totes, warmings, juices HELPED COOL THEM DOWN (and no sweating inside boot)...
(7) *** When going down the ramp FORWARD with all footwear, the 300-lb cart accelerates and as you use good footing TO SLOW IT DOWN, IT TRIES TO RIP YOUR SHOES OFF AS THEY STICK TO THE RAMP: THE TRICK HERE IS TO MAKE A CONSCIOUS EFFORT TO WALK ON YOUR HEELS (((the 1st half of the ramp to keep the down hill speed under control))) AND THAT MINIMIZES THAT FORWARD FOOT SHIFTING which causes the STEEL TOE to slightly PINCH YOUR OUTER TOES (((the wearing double socks trick also adds enough PADDING against that pinching effect, also!))).
(8) Amazing grip (SRX Extreme Slip Resistance) was IMMEDIATELY noticed on the "cheese grater" 30-degree angle, pull out 12-foot ramp BOTH UP AND DOWN DIRECTIONS and ON FRESHLY MOPED FLOORS (still wet) and on SPILLED SLIPPERY MILK. Bam!
Let me tell you I am office going white collar job guy and I was very skeptical while ordering this one..
But after reading many other review I finally decided on this and .. I was delighted with my decision...
I live in COLORADO which gives a foot of snow every now and then and I needed a tough snow boot for my daily walks to office and lunch outside
This boot is totally cold proof (400g insulation) and totally water-proof ( surface treated leather)
Unlike other 99% of shoes, this one is FULL GRAIN leather which is just superior to any other material
It forms a natural PATINA which helps it fight with ELEMENTS. This is better than any other leather, synthetic material.
I get a nice formal wear as well since the full grain black leather even complements my formal trousers.
It is surprisingly easy to wear this 10 hours a days without making your feel too warm OR too cold.
I did not needed a break-in however I needed one day JUST to make sure that I am actually wearing this heavy boot and still not feeling the weight.
The sole is very good and the outsole is stable on any surface other than the most slick slippery black ice on which we need nothing less than spikes..
The steel toe is definitely low as compared to other shoes but that is what will make this look like a normal shoe....
AND the steel toe never hurts even if try to wiggle your toe too much.. the toe wont make a contact with steel underside when normally walking and fast walking.
You will get it cheapest at Amazon so just take it.. never to be missed.
BTW it is also electrical shock proof/resistant but I wish I never get to test this feature... ;-) Just get it pals
I should mention that I have fairly narrow feet, so I don't know if someone with a wide foot would find them as comfortable as I do. Oh the joy of buying shoes online...
In Nikes, I wear an 11. In Timberland, I wear a 10 1/2.
I am on my feet anywhere from 10 to 12 hours a day in the ER. Most of my co-workers wear tennis shoes, but after spending time as an EMT out in the field, I've seen too many objects dropping on too many feet.
My ankle feels strapped it after restringing them into all the hooks. There is no movement of my foot at all.
Obviously, they feel stiff, but they're made for hard work, which is what I plan on doing in them.
They've got hooks all along the sides that allow you to tighten them up as best you can.
I will update after a month and then 6 months.
UPDATE: Still holding strong, despite all the abuse I put it through. Hold true to my recommendation.
Most recent customer reviews
Now the side seams are splitting!
Never again ...