Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Catholic Bible Dictionary
Format: Hardcover|Change

on June 13, 2017
This was a very valuable resource to further explain names, places, and other details in the bible where I wanted more information.
on April 23, 2012
Have had this about 9 months and wasn't sure if I was getting any value out of it. My initial impression with this was I was dissapointed.
Afterall, this is a rather limited resource compared to the internet for looking up terms from the Bible.

However, I find I prefer to sit with a dictionary, NAB short concordance, Strong Concordance(KJV) and this Hahn Bible Dictionary
rather than popping out of my recliner and typing into a computer, or starting a computer and then typing.

For the same reason that I prefer a good concordance at my side rather than Bible Software is the same reason I prefer this Bible Dictionary,
seamless disruptions over getting up and going to a computer.

This Bible Dictionary passed the test finally for me when I wondered if the word 'Tyrannus' from Acts 19 would be in there...it was, and
this reference for a string of 'tests' hasn't let me down.

Over time it has grown into my favorite resource(vs. the Internet) for looking up Bible words and terms.
2 helpful votes
on June 18, 2017
Great source for our religious activities. Scott Hahn is great.
on January 14, 2012
Be careful if you purchase the kindle version of this item. The formatting is terrible, there is no way to search for individual entries besides the kindle's own search feature. This makes the dictionary completely useless. If you want to look at the entry for "David", for instance, you would have to search for "David", which generates about 500 entries--so you basically just have to sort of guess where the entry is and do a location search, and then individually turn individual pages until you find an item.

The content of the book itself is outstanding, but the kindle version is worthless....be careful if you purchase it, make sure you check it out, every person who buys the kindle version will want to return it immediately. To add insult to injury, the kindle version is much more expensive than the hardback. The publisher really should not offer this item for sale.
27 helpful votes
28 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on July 15, 2017
ok
on September 24, 2017
Great sauce of information, well written.
on March 18, 2016
Great resource written by solid Catholic scholars. A must have for Catholic theologians and/or catechists. I am a full-time Catechist and I use it frequently especially when those I serve have questions about particular persons, places, or events in Sacred Scripture. It has enabled me to quickly and sufficiently answer many questions. Highly recommend it!
on June 13, 2016
I bought the Kindle version hoping to simply look up words. Unfortunately, the book itself doesn't have a search function. Looking up a word with the Kindle search finds the word used anywhere in the book, not just as an entry in the dictionary. The table of contents has an entry called "A to Z" which looked good, but it simply took me to the beginning of the entries, "A".

I could not recommend this "dictionary" to anyone at any price!
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on September 2, 2016
Love this dictionary bible. Very comprehensive literature for Bible study from Catholic perspective. Scott Hahn listed all the things carefully, clearly, and easy to use it.
on March 16, 2016
It is very informative. I would say perfect. It is a beautiful book. It is my coffee table book.
2 helpful votes