Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on January 3, 2016
Prof. Kreeft takes one of the world's greatest reference books and adds context and depth to the hundreds of topics covered in the Catechism. That context produces a deeper understanding and relevance of Catholicism in today's world. The book's narrative style makes for a more enjoyable read as well. My faith is perhaps the most significant gift from my parents, so I intend to pass that same gift onto my children and this book is one of the ways I can do that.
on April 20, 2015
I found myself saying "Boy I wish I had this book 40 years ago when I was in school" several times while reading Catholic Christianity. I have starred, underlined, and highlighted countless paragraphs in this book -- his style is very concise and makes you want to jump into the Catholic Church with gleeful abandon. My sister knew fellow students who had him for class at BC, and apparently he converted to Catholicism, so he can see things from different sides of the table. This has got to be one of the most outstanding books for understanding the one and only Church Jesus founded. If somebody asked me to choose just one book to learn about the Catholic church whether as a fourth grader or as an adult, this would be the one. We are using it in the Paul VI Theological Institute classes.
on April 17, 2017
Kreeft is a genius. I read everything he writes. Great for teaching RCIA.
on April 17, 2015
A wonderful book for anyone who wants to know about the basics of Catholicism. Kreeft is an exceptional author. He presents complicated information in an accessible manner. I purchased this as an adult before beginning the RCIA process. I have referenced it several times since and recently gifted it to my future sister-in-law who is not Catholic.
on April 25, 2017
Good.
on March 19, 2017
This was paired with the Catechism of the Catholic Church by my professor. It's beautifully compiled, & truly does its job of explaining the Catechism.
on August 7, 2016
Gives a very informative yet palatable and simple explanation of the CCC and Catholic teachings. I would recommend it to all newly-baptized Catholics and those Catholics who want to update themselves.
on May 23, 2016
Really great summary of Catholic teaching. Concise and memorable. Sometimes the cadence of delivery for so much concise and memorable bulletpoints is easy to tune out so take it a little at a time.
on November 15, 2016
This is a great tool for those who want to understand more about Catholicism. It is simply written and thorough. This will answer a lot of questions.
on October 13, 2015
Great author, wonderfully readable and understandable follows the catechism of the Catholic Church .