- Series: New Approaches to European History (Book 30)
- Paperback: 284 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 2 edition (June 20, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521602416
- ISBN-13: 978-0521602419
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.9 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #882,373 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The World of Catholic Renewal, 1540-1770 (New Approaches to European History) 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"...it is good to have available a well-organized study of so many other aspects and developments of early modern Catholicism."
- Jill Raitt, University of Missouri
"...an impressive and useful work of scholarship."
- H-HRE, Luke Clossey, Department of History, Simon Fraser University
"Hsia has completed a notable and practical work of scholarship for understanding Counter-Reformation thought."
Ron. J. Bigalke, Journal of Dispensational Theology
The second edition of The World of Catholic Renewal offers an updated synthesis of the vast scholarship on the history of Catholicism from the middle of the sixteenth century to the eighteenth century. Professor Hsia discusses the doctrinal and ecclesiastical renewal after Trent. Encompassing art and architecture, he attempts to understand Catholic renewal as a vast historical development that shaped European civilization and explores its expansion and encounter with non-Christian cultures in America, Africa, and Asia. The new edition offers an additional chapter on The Catholic Book and updated bibliography.