Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Cathy Teoste
Cathy is a Author, Blogger, Mentor.
Cathy’s writing is as diverse and comprehensive as her interests, passions, experiences and education. She holds a B.A in Holistic Studies and an M.A. in Holistic Health and Wellness from Lesley University. She received additional Clinical Training in Mind/Body Medicine, and Spirituality and Healing through Harvard Medical School. This combination of education and personal experience informs her writing with practical knowledge and understanding combined with insight and wisdom.
She writes about issues such as dissociation, depression, midlife, major life changes, grief, and death, self-care, everyday life, women’s development and issues as well as personal growth and development. Her passions of travel, cruising, the beach and the ocean inspire her to write about how traveling influences and affects our sense-of-self and enriches our lives as well as adding a little fun and humor to her voice.
In reading her work, you will come to know who she is intimately. She holds nothing back.
Through her books, blog posts and essays, Cathy hopes to inspire others to step into themselves and out into the world discovering and expressing their passions and loves fully and authentically.
Cathy’s homeport is on a barrier island off the coast of North Carolina where she enjoys the beach, evenings out with friends enjoying music and wine. When she’s not in homeport she is off on a new adventure traveling and cruising researching and writing her next essay, blog post or book.
She loves the beach – any beach, anywhere in the world, as well as being on the ocean in a small boat, sailboat or cruise ship. One of her dreams is to enjoy a beach on each Caribbean island.
She loves wine and wine tasting, dark chocolate, pasta, tiramisu, live music and dancing, dinners with friends, and visiting (and traveling) with her sister and daughters.
During the eleven months she spends at The Christine Center, she walks the paths of her past confronting the issues that have fragmented her sense-of-identity; dissociation, depersonalization, depression, death and grief.
Hearing the wind in the trees calling her to the sea, she leaves the woods and goes to the ocean to find her dreams again. In her connection with the ocean, she flourishes into her true-self and discovers the desires in her soul.
Through the woods of Wisconsin to the beach in North Carolina, Cathy has taken her life, sharing her experiences in a way that allows you to go along for the ride with her, through every experience, every feeling, and every thought.
In reading her story, you will know that you too can embark on your own journey. When your life seems to be falling apart, and falling to pieces, it is in those moments where the blessings are. You will discover that true happiness is waiting just around the corner.
The wisdom of your heart comes from the lessons of nature and takes wing in your creative expression. Be inspired to create an expression of your inner self and let it our into the world.
Through this collection of essays expressing my deep love and connection to the ocean and my own inner spirit. I hope to inspire you to connect with nature and your own authentic essence, hear your own deep inner wisdom, discover your own song in your heart and dance the steps to your own unique dance fully embracing life in all of its wonder and awe.
Through these essays you will be inspired to:
• Become centered in present moment
• Connect to nature and your inner spirit
• Awaken your senses, learning to experience life through all your senses in every moment
• Experience the wonders of beauty and awe, the colors of the rainbow and all the world has to offer
• Tune into what is right for you now
• Open your heart to new ways of seeing, thinking, doing and being
• Hear your own inner voice deepening and expanding your vision, shifting and gaining a new perspective of yourself and of life
Combining contemplation with action you will,
• Hear and dance to your own tune
• Shed your inhibitions tossing them into the wind and waves
• Move to the rhythm of the waves and your own inner song acting boldly towards what attracts you and what brings you joy
• Discover a new way of being and acting in the world in alignment with your authentic self
• Express your true essence being fully present in your life and have confidence to dance beyond the breakers
• Awaken your love for life itself
See, hear, and feel a deep connection to the ocean. Dance to the rhythm and music of your own soul.
Discover the steps to your own Dance!