Catit Senses 2.0 Self Groomer Cat Toy
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$2.00 (33%)|
|Item Weight||0.08 Kilograms|
About this item
- Cat self grooming wall brush that helps remove and collect loose cat hair
- This can be used as a cat self groomer wall corner; easy to mount on either a flat wall or corner surfaces, with strips (included) or screws (optional, not included)
- Includes a small pouch of Canadian catnip herb, for use in the inner cat hair brush compartment as extra incentive
- Easy to disassemble the cat brush and clean by handwashing
- Made of BPA-free materials
- Catit Senses 2.0 is a product line developed to activate your cat’s senses; Our cat toys encourage your cat to use sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing to stimulate their natural instincts indoors
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Catit Senses 2.0 Self Groomer - Grooming made easy!
Collects loose hair
The Senses 2.0 Self Groomer helps remove and collect loose hair, as a constant support towards a cleaner and more enjoyable living environment.
Suited for walls and corners
The Self Groomer can be easily mounted on either flat wall or corner surfaces, with screws (optional) or the adhesive strips included in the packaging.
If your cat needs a little extra incentive, try adding catnip to the inner compartment. To start you off, the product includes a pouch of Canadian catnip herb, which is also available separately.
What's in the Box?
The Self Groomer includes a durable brush with catnip compartment, a holder, adhesive strips and Canadian catnip herb.
Easy to Clean!
The product is easy to disassemble and clean. Simply hand-wash the Self Groomer with natural soap (free of abrasive materials) and rinse thoroughly.
The Catit Senses 2.0 Self Groomer provides your cat with a constant source of rubbing and cat grooming pleasure. Simply attach the cat self groomer brush to a surface at your cat’s height and… you’re done! Cat grooming is essential for a cat’s health. The Catit Senses 2.0 Self Groomer is a great tool to help your cat control their cat hair. Easy to use as a cat corner groomer since it simply attaches to either corners or flat surfaces; using adhesive strips (included) or screws (not included). The Senses 2.0 Self Groomer includes a durable cat brush with a catnip compartment, a holder, adhesive strips and Canadian catnip herb. The cat grooming brush is made with flexible, BPA-free plastic allowing your cat to safely enjoy face grooming. For easy cleaning detach the cat hair brush from the holder, hand-wash with natural soap (free of abrasive materials) and water, then simply reattach the clean brush to the wall holder! The Catit Senses 2.0 Self Groomer was designed to activate and stimulate your cat’s unique senses. Catit is focused on creating cat enrichment activities for all cats especially indoor cats. This product is a perfect cat hair remover, cat deshedding brush and is great to add to your collection of cat supplies.
Product detailsSize:.2 Pound
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 5.2 x 3.8 x 2.3 inches; 2.82 Ounces
- Item model number : 43152W
- Date First Available : May 30, 2013
- Manufacturer : Rolf C. Hagen (USA) Corp.
- ASIN : B00D3NI2PG
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
3.0 Softer Cat Self Groomer with Catnip, Dog Cat Corner Groomer,Wall Corner Scratcher Comb,Grooming Massage Brush, Perfect Scratch Massager Tool for Long & Short Fur Kitten/Puppy (Grey)
Kingtree Cat Self Groomer, 2 Pack Wall Corner Groomers Soft Grooming Brush Massage Combs for Short Long Fur Cats, Softer Massager Toy for Cat Puppy
UPREE Self Groomer with Catnip,Cat Wall Corner Massager Cat Brush Cat Toy Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
At the price it is a no-brainer to try it. When I received my sample the first thing I noticed is that the manufacturer has designed the box to be a play toy rather than just throw it away. Well you know cats, as soon as Amazon delivers to my house the cats go crazy playing in and around the packing boxes. So this is a cute idea to cut out a portion of the “sardine can” and put a treat inside for kitty to explore.
Getting to the actual product inside, it’s not fancy but it seems made well enough for what it’s intended to do. The instructions on the box are pretty basic (i.e. useless) but it doesn’t take much to figure out how to use it.
Here are a few tips that I learned setting it up and using it …
1. It can be mounted with double-stick tape (included) or screws (not included). I chose neither. The reason is that if you mount it at cat height you will have to lay on the floor to snap the brush/cover off to put catnip in it or to remove it to clean it. Instead I used some Velcro to mount it to the coffee table leg so I can just pull the whole thing off in one piece. It makes it much easier to clean and to put catnip inside. I think screws would be a very bad idea (and unnecessary).
2. There is a “right” and a “wrong” way to mount it. The actual product is a little different than the seller’s photo on this page. As you can see in my photo there is a small grill opening to let the aroma of the catnip escape. At first I mounted it with the grill down and catnip fell out all over the floor. If you mount it with the grill on the top it works much better.
3. As a hint, try different mounting heights as you watch your cats scratch. I did this by folding a couple of pieces of masking tape to make it double-sided and temporarily sticking the Self Groomer to the table leg until I found the height my cats preferred the best, then I mounted it at that height using the Velcro strips.
The design is quite good but for their next version I would suggest making the two snaps that hold the brush in place a little stronger. Cats can get pretty physical when scratching their bodies and as the brush is designed now the side-to-side scraping motion can unsnap the brush part from the holder part. It’s not a serious problem but the snap could be stronger.
My cats give it 5-stars. One of them was scratching her cheeks within 30 seconds after I installed it. They declare this a WOW!
They didn't care for it much and they like being brushed so I was surprised When they ignored it after a couple of tries.
I am always using a back scratcher so I put it at my height and it works like a charm. Now everyone who comes over uses it too! Not so crazy now, am I? ;)
I actually attached it to my bedframe with the sticky stuff that comes with it. I wanted to nail it in but I did not have nails small enough... and I was too impatient to wait to put it up. I did not think the sticky stuff would actually work, but it's been up for a while now and has had many intense head butts from my cat and is still perfectly in place.
To put it mildly, she loves this thing. It hasn't gotten much of her hair on it, but she is a shorthaired cat so that may have something to do with it. I didn't mind this at all though, and did not dock any stars for it because my reason for buying the product was to increase my cat's happiness, and not necessarily to assist with her grooming – although that would've been a plus if it did work that way.
I did not put any of the catnip on the device. Because my cat is blind I was a little bit worried that she would take a while to find it, or be scared of it when she did find it. Somehow though she seemed to know exactly what it was for as soon as she touched it.
Especially due to her lack of sight, I tend to worry about her not getting enough mental stimulation. So far I think this is probably the best thing I have bought for her to enrich her environment. I'm sure that sighted cats would love it just the same. Essentially, it gives them a way of getting scratches even when you're not around. And they're completely in control of it so they can get scratched exactly where they want.
The grey part is actually pretty hard. At first I thought it might be a little too hard, but my cat seems to like this feature. I think if the bristles were softer they wouldn't do as good of a job scratching. The bristles need to stay stationary so the cat can get them just where he or she wants them.
I apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors on my review, but I'm doing this on my phone so please forgive me.
UPDATE: I am adding photos. Also, since I wrote this review, I got a new bed and moved the scratcher to a corner in the house instead. I did put screws in it this time, I think (it was a while ago) bc the sticky stuff wasn’t sticky anymore, one I took it off the bed frame. It did leave a residue on my bed from the adhesive when I removed it, but have since learned a nice trick to avoid that in situations such as this: use a piece of dental floss to slide between the adhesive and dislodge it cleanly.