Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 504 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,157 reviews
on July 20, 2017
How fast do you think I read ... just received this and will slowly savor it at first snow this fall ... get back with a review then BUT what more could I possibly have to say about Vonnegut ... that thousands of reviews from just about a bazillion people have not already spoke or lectured on .. I like the cover tho if that helps anyone.
on July 18, 2017
required for school
on June 26, 2017
Kurt Vonnegut is an interesting man with an interesting sense of humor. It's clear to me that he was trying to cover over some political comments with a sheen of strangeness and humor, (as is his usual strategy) but it took too much energy for me to enjoy getting through it.

Perhaps if I read it again and find the theme more cohesive, I'll find more enjoyment in it. This time around, it was a struggle to finish. I love Kurt Vonnegut, but I think he is like my self-crusade into liking black coffee. Like...it's gonna take some exposure and the right mood striking for me to wholly enjoy my experience.
on June 26, 2017
GREAT book
on June 14, 2017
Takes you for a spin, but a bit all over the place at the beginning. Overall a great read though
on June 10, 2017
Like most of Vonnegut's work, it can be a little confusing at times, but I loved this book. Great story with even better undertones.
on June 8, 2017
Content with product. Prompt service.
on June 1, 2017
This was technically my second book by Vonnegut -- my first being 'God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkian" -- but I consider this to be my real intro to his work, as Kevorkian was rather short and maybe not the best introduction to Kurt's style. And as far as introductions to prolific authors go, I thought it was excellent. I'm excited to explore Kurt's catalog after this.

Cat's Cradle is a story about the end of the world, but I promise you it is not like any apocalyptic story you have read. This is the kind of book that is stuffed with information to contemplate, while at the same time being totally skimmable. Essentially its the kind of books that goes fast, but has so much more to pick up on subsequent reads (I definitely plan to read it again). Cat's Cradle offers an interesting analysis of religion through Bokononism, in which believers maintain that they are all instruments of God's Will, whether they wish to be or not.

While the plot is entertaining and the ideas worth contemplating it was really Kurt's voice that propelled me through the story. Right from the beginning I latched onto his dry wit and rolled with it through to the end. As it happens, I really enjoyed it. Er, rather, as it was meant to happen.

See the cat? See the cradle?
on May 26, 2017
Read it and finished. The ice thing was fine and good for the second round of the day. More words ok now I'm done.
on May 26, 2017
If you haven't read this yet, you should.