- Save 5% each on Qualifying items offered by -J.Smith.Co- when you purchase 1 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Cats & Dogs (Full Screen Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Comedic action-adventure that mixes live action with cutting-edge CGI and animatronic effects. "Cats & Dogs" uncovers the truth about the high-tech, secret war being waged in neighborhoods everywhere that humans aren't even aware of: an eternal struggle between the two great armies of Cats and Dogs. The story follows a Cat plan to destroy a new vaccine that, if developed, would destroy all human allergies to Dogs, and the Dogs' efforts to stop the Cats from executing their plan.
Audio Commentary:Dog Commentary Cat Commentary
Deleted Scenes:Deleted Scenes - tied together
Other:"Teaching A New Dog New Tricks" Easter Eggs (4) - "Techbone", Star, Mr. Tinkles Flag, Dog Paw
TV Special:HBO First Look Special
- Commentary from actor Sean Hayes, director Lawrence Guterman, producer Chris Defaria & production designer James Bissel
- Behind the Scenes Documentaries: HBO First Look Special & Teaching a New Dog New Tricks
- Storyboard comparisons
- Trivia game
- DVD-ROM Features: Alternate ending, create secret identites for pets, artwork gallery, screen savers, wallpaper and more
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
The plot is that a human (Jeff Goldblum) is on the verge of discovering a cure for dog allergies, and the cats want to reverse it an make all humans allergic to dogs. It's rather silly, and just furnishes a backdrop against which to show doghouses with sophisticated electronics, ninja cats, and other aspects of the cat vs. dog conflict.
Tobey McGuire (Spiderman) voices the protagonist dog, a puppy accidentally inserted into the conflict. Alex Baldwin, Joe Pantoliano, and Susan Sarandon do some of the other dogs. One of the great voices of our age, Charleton Heston is the leader of the dogs, but his part is brief. Sean Hayes gives a nice, over-the-top, supervillianesque performance as the cat antagonist, and Jon Lovitz does a good turn as his assistant. In general the animal voices are the highlight of the movie, along with the continually funny joke of the dogs possessing technology and intelligence about which we humans have no clue.
Elizabeth Perkins and Jeff Goldblum lead the cast of humans. Perkins is passable, but this is not one of Goldblum's better efforts. It's really the animal's show. I found the parts with the humans to be pretty boring.
The movie contains some good moments with the animals, though, such as the the Russian Blue cat operative breaking into the human's house. It balances out as something worth a watch for a Saturday afternoon popcorn movie, but probably not something you're going to drag out and watch every year or three.
Most recent customer reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > 10-12 Years
- Movies & TV > 7-9 Years
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Comedy