Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on February 29, 2012
We always hear about old classics that have been re-released with juiced up graphics. This is a new classic thats been re-released with juiced up graphics. Alot of people don't like the new graphics, I am not one of those people. I like the graphics, I think they compliment the original game. The original Cave Story and Cave Story HD (among other names) was an 8 bit and 16 bit game respectfully, bar a few changes. They were the same game. Now you have this game, which is again, the same game, few changes with more modern 3D based side scrolling. Some call it 2.5D. This version of the game is 3DS exclusive...if you beat the game, you get an option that turns the characters from their 3D models into 2D sprites but the backgrounds remain in 3D. This is also interesting looking. A hybrid of sorts. The gameplay itself is fantastic but with a few minor add ons, its basically the same game that Cave Story has always been. If your a hardcore fan of the game, you may dig playing it again with 3D levels. If you've never played it before, you may also dig it. But if your the kind of person who wants a sequel or a brand new game. Look elsewhere. This is a remake in the end. The 3D effect is good, the controls work well, the music is possibly the games highest point. Fantastic remastered version of the originals, very cool retro inspired music using modern tools. My only gripe is that, the 3DS version is expensive, the original Cave Story is free, you can get Cave Story HD for around 10 dollars. This is a full priced 3DS game. For that price, they could have at least thrown in the original and the 2D HD upgrade alongside the 3D and hybrid versions of the game. Essentially giving 3DS gamers the COMPLETE Cave Story. That would have justified the price alot more and probably would have helped to garner more interest. But as it is, this is still a very fun game, it has alot of charm, retro love and great music. A fantastic sidescrolling adventure.
on January 23, 2012
Cave Story will always be a good game, a game worth buying in one form if you don't already have it. I would posit that many 3DS owners probably also have either a Wii or a DS, and the Wiiware version is the one I'm going to recommend. Supports the comfortable Classic Controllers which are much easier on your hands than either of the DS versions, and has the largest resolution and clearest graphics for a game with some fast moving tiny projectiles. You will be able to learn faster and perform better on the Wii version, which also includes a Boss Rush mode that is extremely cool and fun. This feature is NOTICABLY ABSENT from the 3DS version, which dissapointed me greatly. The 3D Graphics are good, and this version actually has some expanded level layouts (I won't tell you where) that increase the game length. Personally though, I'll always prefer the clean 2D look of the Wii Version on my big screen, it makes the game so much easier to play.
on August 31, 2017
Best Platform game in 3 generations. The original physical version. NIS America, Nicalis, and Pixel combined effort. They didn't like the outcome so it's destined to remain the only copy and a 3ds exclusive
on October 21, 2015
I love this game and have bought it for the Wii and Steam and now my 3DS...but 3D on this game actually makes it difficult to know where your character is on the screen. I've gotten better after playing more, but I've looked at the background many times while trying to go through a door. But as for the seller, this is great! I got it fast and is still a great game!
on November 16, 2015
cool game and very different
on September 11, 2015
Great game and spectacular 3d lens cover that comes with this. Was so thrilled that even though I bought this so many years after the release, I was able to snatch a complete copy for 28 bucks in AWD. Normally complete copies go for around 90 dollars in eBay.
on June 25, 2013
The game plays like a retro action game with the great graphics of the present. The 3DS is harnessed fully to make this game awesome. I am amazed by another feature. The game files can be played with retro graphics from the Nintendo eshop version and then played from the cartridge is what looks like HD. Pricey but really well made.
on May 11, 2016
I found this game to be merely good, not great like a lot of other people say it is. The story features heavily in this game and there are a lot of cutscenes. I found myself apathetic about the story and wanted to skip the cutscenes, but couldn't. You get more weapons and items as the game progresses, which makes it more fun. I played the game all the way through on easy difficulty. I then started a game on medium difficulty, but soon stopped because I found that I had lost interest in playing. I don't find myself craving another playthrough. Still, it was fun to play through it once.
on July 5, 2016
Good game! But it's hard to see unless you're in a dark room because the entire game is underground. But still fun
on January 24, 2017
Amazing game on Nintendo 3DS. Awesome 3D images. Enjoying this game a lot.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.