Other Sellers on Amazon
De Cecco Pasta, Egg Pappardelle, 8.8 Ounce
Enhance your purchase
|Number of Items||1|
About this item
- De Cecco Egg Pasta is golden in color with a unique taste and texture from the addition of Fresh Cage Free Grade A Eggs.
- Wheat Selection: We select only the best 'grano duro' (durum wheat) and extract the core, the purest part of the wheat, to retain all the nutritional value and a signature pasta with the distinctive and unique De Cecco taste and the superior cooking performance renowned among all the best Chefs in the world.
- Bronze Drawplates: We shape our pasta through bronze drawplates to provide a rough surface similar to homemade pasta to better capture and retain sauce.
- Low Temperature and Slow Drying: We dry our pasta slowly at low temperature to preserve both the original color and flavor of our durum semolina as well as retain all the nutritional value.
- Cage Free Eggs: We use cage free eggs and we knead them with the durum wheat semolina to ensure consistency when cooking the pasta and a good share of protein.
From the manufacturer
Pappardelle are consumed all over Italy and are part of the long, flat pasta family. They are excellent when prepared with sauces made from wild meat and game. They are also recommended for recipes with tomato sauce and cheese, as well as with creamy sauces, which spread well over the entire surface of the pasta.
We select only the best 'grano duro' (durum wheat) and extract the core, the purest part of the wheat, to retain all the nutritional value and a signature pasta with the distinctive and unique De Cecco taste and the superior cooking performance renowned among all the best Chefs in the world.
Cold Spring Natural Water
We knead our semolina with cool spring water from the National Park of Majella at a temperature of less than 59° F to ensure our pasta maintains its firmness after cooking.
We shape our pasta through bronze drawplates to provide a rough surface similar to homemade pasta to better capture and retain sauce.
Low Temperature and Slow Drying
We dry our pasta slowly at low temperature to preserve both the original color and flavor of our durum semolina as well as retain all the nutritional value.
- Poach the chicken or cook the chicken in liquid or a seasoned stock at boiling point. Drain & cool.
- Save the cooking stock. Shred the chicken, then heat the Extra Virgin Oil in a saucepan.
- Lightly brown the garlic clove and remove the garlic. Add pumpkin flesh, thyme and olives.
- After cooking for 5 mins, add shredded chicken. Then, change to high head and add white wine.
- Cook until wine has evaporated. Add a few tablespoons of chicken stock.
- Cook the pasta. Mix the sauce and the pasta in a large bowl.
- Serve immediately.
Egg Pappardelle With Chicken Ragu
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 8.8 oz De Cecco Egg Pappardelle
- 4 oz chicken breast off the bone
- 7 oz pumpkin flesh
- 2 garlic cloves lightly crushed
- 1 small bunch thyme;
- 30 Tuscan small olives pitted
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
MADE IN ITALY: Since 1886, we’ve been committed to bringing the authentic pleasure of Italian cuisine to tables throughout the world, with great responsibility and without compromise. We are the keepers of an ancient tradition characterised by passion for our work and attention to every single detail.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 2.08 x 11.28 x 7.3 inches; 8.8 Ounces
- Item model number : VUN2101
- UPC : 024094211012
- Manufacturer : DEATHVOMIT RECORDS
- ASIN : B0095F92HS
- Best Sellers Rank: #13,483 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #36 in Italian Pasta
- Customer Reviews:
This product is labelled to United States standards and may differ from similar products sold elsewhere in its ingredients, labeling and allergen warnings
Durum wheat semolina, fresh pasteurized liquid eggs (28.7%), vitamins (niacin, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), iron (ferrous lactate). Contains wheat and eggs. May contain traces of soy.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviewed in the United States on January 5, 2021
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
OH, did I mention it is "IMPORTED FROM ITALY?" Absolutely a fabulous Product! Cooks well and digests far better than the major brand names in-store, in my humble opinion.
Try it! [And] like the Terminator ...."YOU'LL BE BACK!
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.