Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 91 reviews
on December 2, 2014
BEST CD EVER!!!!!
You have to really listen to the words to appreciate it. I think everyone will find at the least, 5 tracks that speak directly with their life at this point in time. A good amount of analogies. Some people make the mistake of taking the titles and words in a song literally. They miss the true artistry of Cee-Lo. He has been around long before he appeared on The Voice. People kept complaining about his participation because the thought he only had one hit record. Couldn't be further than the truth.
on December 9, 2013
Recently realizing this CD was missing from my collection, I decided to repurchase it. It seems someone else liked it enough to hang on to it.
A truly talented music artist who can perform live as good as he sounds in the studio. I give him 5 stars on this album which infuses funk, soul and R&B within the rap genre as I can listen to most of this album without having to skip songs. I can say this CD is beyond the reach of most hip-hop and rap artist these days who only are only half steppin when they produce their CD’s with one or 2 hits. Yea, this CD is good to the ear hole and gets down to the bone.
on June 21, 2010
If you are looking for something different, on the fringes of hip-hop, then look no further.
Cee-lo sound is/was a very fresh welcome to my collection. This is actually the 2nd time I purchased this album. My first copy of it was stolen. This album has gotten regular play in my cd player since it came out 8 years ago, and it still sounds fresh. Track 3. Big Ole words(Damn), track 12. Getting Grown, and track 13. bass head jazz, are definitely the stand out tracks for me!
My review purposefully does not try to categorize the sound on this album because it pulls from so many different genres, which he then mixes with his very sharp lyrics, and slightly off-key southern baptist church style vocals.
Give this album a listen, I doubt there will be another hip-hop album like this for a long time.
on July 13, 2006
I'm a little late on picking this up, I know. I've always been aware of Cee-lo, but never got around to listening to his stuff. Then, of course, Gnarls Barkley breaks onto the scene; and I finally decided, "I should take a peek at his earlier stuff..."

Man, I'm so glad I did!!! This is some good stuff right here. It actually makes his Gnarls Barkley project seem inferior.

While he sounds like an angry little dwarf when rapping, his lyrics and flow more than make up for his cave dweller rapping voice.

His singing voice... OH MAN!!! This guy is so soulful!!! I've read some crap that he doesn't have very much flexibility as a singer... BULLCRAP! His singing his so soulful and so pleasant.

Oh, and his production on this record is CRAZY! This is one talented little man, right here.

Pick this up NOW!!!
on September 12, 2010
I had been searching for this album for the past 4 months, and finally found it on Amazon. This album is everything i thought it would be and more. Not a big Cee-Lo Gnarls Barkley fan to begin with... Only purchased the album for "Bass Head Jazz." The entire album has extreme flow and symmetry. def a wise purchase. The company that sent me the album took great caution in the method upon which they sent it. I recommend this company, as well as this album to any prospective consumer.
on April 8, 2015
"cee-lo green shows a lot of talent on this album."
on January 11, 2014
Cee-Lo is so inspiring and gifted. I love him and his passion. I have several favorites. This CD. He is a genius.
on June 22, 2013
Cee-Lo is one of my favorite artist and this album is the reason. This was given to me by a friend and I was in love.
on September 28, 2014
superb work from start to finish..
on April 3, 2013
Loved it! I heard some cuts from his other CD's and thought I might like this one. I was right! Talented guy!