Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 76 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 80 reviews
on September 30, 2016
Good accessory kit for the First Scope telescope. We ended not using the finderscope though since it lacks the red dot feature. The cross hair feature of the finderscope works during daytime for terrestrial viewing but useless for night viewing/astronomy. We bought a finder scope with a red dot feature instead. The 2 lenses, moon filter, and the bag that came with the kit are nice though. Didn't use the CD. there are apps available that does the same and more plus you'd have it on your phone while viewing vs. having you lug around your laptop. With the exception of the finderscope, it is still a good value.
on January 19, 2015
We purchased the Celestron FirstScope Accessory Kit along with our FirstScope at Christmastime. The first night we used them, we put in the lowest power lens to find Jupiter, and then once we found it, we put on the highest power lens from the accessory kit. We were stunned to be able to see Jupiter and four of its moons right off the bat!

Mind you, with this lens, Jupiter was pretty much just a blurry and small white disk; you couldn't discern that it was a globe or see the bands, Great Red Spot, or even any color at all, and the moons looked like bright stars, but there they were, three of them to the right and one on the left, all lined up and very close to Jupiter, so I'm sure that's what they were. And my kids and I were absolutely thrilled.

Another reviewer wasn't quite correct when he said that using the spotting scope from the accessory kit is impossible. It's only if you put the telescope on the ground or try to spot objects that are directly overhead where you run into problems. We put ours on a stool, and we were able to use it to find objects that were not directly overhead.

We paid about $35 for the scope on sale at Christmastime here on Amazon, and we shelled out another $15 for the accessory kit. Well worth the money on both accounts, even if that one look at Jupiter is the only thing we ever look at.

As far as we're concerned, this accessory kit is a must-buy. The other reviews and our first shot at using the scope have convinced us to invest in a Barlow and a zoom lens, too.
on August 20, 2013
I like this kit because it helps to target the telescope and has better eyepieces that have improved magnification. The finderscope is a bit sensitive to sight initially, and is a bit fragile and can be bumped out of alignment easily. The carry bag is nice, but doesn't help to protect the finderscope much. For $20, it provides a lot of additional eyepieces adds some needed targeting functionality for the basic Celestron Telescope.
on July 21, 2016
So if you own a Celestron telescope you need to buy this add on. The software you can toss since there are apps that work better now a days tracking the sky. But the moon filter is a must. Really helps to see the moon.The Finderscope & bracket also helps to locate the object you are trying to find. So a must buy add on. I love that one is able to really see the moon, jupiter, saturn and mars really well.
on January 13, 2014
I purchased the Celestron telescope and wasn't aware the accessory kit was separate. Instead of returning the telescope, I purchased the kit because the telescope is good, its even better when using this kit.
on January 25, 2017
Almost exactly what I wanted, this item misses five stars only because of the misleading photo (although the text was accurate) seemingly indicating that this kit includes the nuts which cinch the finder scope in place. I managed to obtain them independently, but it would have been nice not to have had to hunt them down.
That said, my 'scope came with 20mm and 4mm eyepieces, so this kit's 12.5mm and 9mm eyepieces fill a huge gap quite nicely.
Overall, an excellent value!
on August 7, 2016
The finderscope is mostly useless. You have to be at an impossible angle for an adult to use this. Kids have a slightly easier time, but it's easy for them to knock out of alignment.

The software is good for cloudy nights and for figuring out where to look for what.

The eyepieces are a welcome addition, and the moon filter is worth the price of the whole pack. After a few minutes of looking at a bright moon without the filter, then using the filter, you'll never go back.
on February 27, 2014
The extra lenses, moon filter, spotting scope and CD are a wonderful upgrade to the FirstScope Telescope. Considering the minimal cost of this additional package, I found it unbeatable.
on January 8, 2014
I like the extra lenses. They're nice for adding some variety to the viewing options on your 'scope. The site, however is completely useless. I spent about 25 minutes fiddling with it after it was mounted (which was a snap). I never got the cross hairs adjusted to where they would be useful for aiming. I took it off and won't be mounting it again.
on May 22, 2014
I'm able to get a somewhat clear picture from the lenses, but planets like Saturn and Mars are hard to get a good grasp on because there is always a light flare that seems to get in the way of my vision. The moon looks amazing, but I want to see more then just that. If you want something legit, then go for something else as this is for very basic astronomy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.