Truck Season Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 30, 2016
Good accessory kit for the First Scope telescope. We ended not using the finderscope though since it lacks the red dot feature. The cross hair feature of the finderscope works during daytime for terrestrial viewing but useless for night viewing/astronomy. We bought a finder scope with a red dot feature instead. The 2 lenses, moon filter, and the bag that came with the kit are nice though. Didn't use the CD. there are apps available that does the same and more plus you'd have it on your phone while viewing vs. having you lug around your laptop. With the exception of the finderscope, it is still a good value.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 21, 2016
So if you own a Celestron telescope you need to buy this add on. The software you can toss since there are apps that work better now a days tracking the sky. But the moon filter is a must. Really helps to see the moon.The Finderscope & bracket also helps to locate the object you are trying to find. So a must buy add on. I love that one is able to really see the moon, jupiter, saturn and mars really well.
2 people found this helpful
on February 17, 2015
Although my (Celestron COSMOS FirstScope) telescope came with a finderscope, I am happy to have a couple of more eyepieces giving me a better (more detailed) view of the planets. Okay, not a lot since I am using a very basic telescope. Also, having the moon filter has made a big difference in seeing the craters and more details of the surface of the moon. Plus, the information on the CD has been helpful for a novice as myself.

Overall, for the small price, I am very happy to have these accessories available for "star gazing" for many years to come.
on May 22, 2014
I'm able to get a somewhat clear picture from the lenses, but planets like Saturn and Mars are hard to get a good grasp on because there is always a light flare that seems to get in the way of my vision. The moon looks amazing, but I want to see more then just that. If you want something legit, then go for something else as this is for very basic astronomy.
4 people found this helpful
on January 13, 2014
I purchased the Celestron telescope and wasn't aware the accessory kit was separate. Instead of returning the telescope, I purchased the kit because the telescope is good, its even better when using this kit.
8 people found this helpful
on January 8, 2014
I like the extra lenses. They're nice for adding some variety to the viewing options on your 'scope. The site, however is completely useless. I spent about 25 minutes fiddling with it after it was mounted (which was a snap). I never got the cross hairs adjusted to where they would be useful for aiming. I took it off and won't be mounting it again.
5 people found this helpful
on January 25, 2017
Almost exactly what I wanted, this item misses five stars only because of the misleading photo (although the text was accurate) seemingly indicating that this kit includes the nuts which cinch the finder scope in place. I managed to obtain them independently, but it would have been nice not to have had to hunt them down.
That said, my 'scope came with 20mm and 4mm eyepieces, so this kit's 12.5mm and 9mm eyepieces fill a huge gap quite nicely.
Overall, an excellent value!
on August 20, 2013
I like this kit because it helps to target the telescope and has better eyepieces that have improved magnification. The finderscope is a bit sensitive to sight initially, and is a bit fragile and can be bumped out of alignment easily. The carry bag is nice, but doesn't help to protect the finderscope much. For $20, it provides a lot of additional eyepieces adds some needed targeting functionality for the basic Celestron Telescope.
3 people found this helpful
on August 7, 2016
The finderscope is mostly useless. You have to be at an impossible angle for an adult to use this. Kids have a slightly easier time, but it's easy for them to knock out of alignment.

The software is good for cloudy nights and for figuring out where to look for what.

The eyepieces are a welcome addition, and the moon filter is worth the price of the whole pack. After a few minutes of looking at a bright moon without the filter, then using the filter, you'll never go back.
on July 30, 2017
works great it was a little hard to get it alined with the telescope works well
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.